What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 06-17-2021, 10:08 AM   #1
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Think I have a pinched sciatic nerve - gears literally grinded to a halt. The pain in my leg is so intense. I've tried every "home remedy" in the last two months and nothing has worked. Was kinda hoping it would just pass on its own but nope. Even sitting down and my leg and my hip throbs.

Acupuncture. Spray called bio freeze that is more a temporary remedy but works.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:04 AM   #2
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Acupuncture. Spray called bio freeze that is more a temporary remedy but works.
WE always have some of the Bio Freeze , good stuff.
Old 06-28-2021, 01:01 AM   #3
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Think I have a pinched sciatic nerve - gears literally grinded to a halt. The pain in my leg is so intense. I've tried every "home remedy" in the last two months and nothing has worked. Was kinda hoping it would just pass on its own but nope. Even sitting down and my leg and my hip throbs.
You doing any better?
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 05:56 AM   #4
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
You doing any better?
Working on it. I had a phone appt. with an ortho on Saturday, he gave me an imaging order for an MRI. Gotta set up the MRI now and wait for the results to come back.

I slept on the floor last couple of nights, it seems to help as the pain in my leg isn't as intense. Might do another night or two just to see, I think my lumpy mattress isn't helping. On the bright side though I called in the warranty on it and they approved the claim so in 3-4 weeks I'll have a new mattress, but COVID is fucking up the mattress industry so I gotta wait lol.
Old 06-28-2021, 09:10 AM   #5
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Working on it. I had a phone appt. with an ortho on Saturday, he gave me an imaging order for an MRI. Gotta set up the MRI now and wait for the results to come back.

I slept on the floor last couple of nights, it seems to help as the pain in my leg isn't as intense. Might do another night or two just to see, I think my lumpy mattress isn't helping. On the bright side though I called in the warranty on it and they approved the claim so in 3-4 weeks I'll have a new mattress, but COVID is fucking up the mattress industry so I gotta wait lol.

Damn Mooby keep us posted. You better be ready for week one! We need you.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:07 AM   #6
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

My Wife's back is a nightmare but in short we have a "Tempur Pedic" bed and it's amazing! My back has never been as bad as hers but this thing is amazing! They are not cheap but well worth the money .We are on our second ,first was a Queen and we upgraded to a King we still have both.. A Doctor can even prescribe one it helps.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:17 AM   #7
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:

I had sciatica like symptoms for over a year.
Went in for an MRI and found out I have spondylolthesis.

I did all the stretches, saw a chiro, and had little asian girls walk on my back but it never improved until I started strengthening my core.

Took about 3 months but the pain was finally gone for a while.
When covid hit, I stopped doing core exercises and the pain came back a few months later. I have to keep up core exercises.

Good luck on the MRI results!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 08:32 PM   #8
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I had sciatica like symptoms for over a year.
Went in for an MRI and found out I have spondylolthesis.

I did all the stretches, saw a chiro, and had little asian girls walk on my back but it never improved until I started strengthening my core.

Took about 3 months but the pain was finally gone for a while.
When covid hit, I stopped doing core exercises and the pain came back a few months later. I have to keep up core exercises.

Good luck on the MRI results!
This is very interesting - I could def. do with going back to the gym as I stopped after fracturing my wrist last year - and then as soon as that healed it was barely 2 months later and now sciatica is bothering me. Appreciate the tip jamf. Definitely something to look into while I wait.

Things that grind my gears: Doc sends over imaging order for MRI, I call Inova to schedule it and have to wait on hold 10 minutes just to talk to someone this morning who takes down my info and then tells me a scheduler will call to set it up. Wait all day and finally get a call at 5:30 while I'm at the grocery store and the paperwork is at home. Call them back as soon as I get home and she says first available date is July 17th. Normally I'm not one to complain but I've been living with this pain for 6 weeks now and idw wait another 3 just to get an actual diag before a plan for treatment is made. So I bitch and the scheduler says if I call my doc back maybe they can work with my insurance to schedule a same/next day appt. So now gotta do that tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:58 AM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Grown ass men who where pajama bottoms out in public.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:59 AM   #10
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
and slippers too, F'ing gross
Old 06-17-2021, 10:07 AM   #11
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Bothers me when women or men do it. Been bitching about this for years. I mean if you cant get dressed than you shouldn’t be running errands. And dont give me they r comfortable bullshit - how hard is it to put on sweats. Terrible
Old 06-17-2021, 10:15 AM   #12
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Bothers me when women or men do it. Been bitching about this for years. I mean if you cant get dressed than you shouldn’t be running errands. And dont give me they r comfortable bullshit - how hard is it to put on sweats. Terrible
Might as well just rock a bath robe FFS, I mean why not it's one step away
Old 06-17-2021, 10:18 AM   #13
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
If she’s hot I don’t mind it, but the pajamas should fit tight.

Sorry these are just the rules in a civilized society

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 12:14 PM   #14
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
If she’s hot I don’t mind it, but the pajamas should fit tight.

Sorry these are just the rules in a civilized society

Id still rather her have on daisy dukes. Better than the tightest pj’s and also i know she isn’t a trainwreck mentally or physically.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:17 PM   #15
MTK
\m/

Just put on some real pants or shorts when you leave the house. Nothing says I've given up on life like wearing pajamas or sweats. If you're going to the gym with sweats on, ok. But otherwise put on some clothes that show you're an adult with a job and a life and a little self respect.