Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-14-2020, 11:09 PM   #196
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Sweet, so Chase is even more official now.
Burrow and Young have been the worst kept secrets for 4 months lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by skinsfaninok; 04-14-2020 at 11:58 PM.
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-15-2020, 12:13 AM   #197
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

I agree that more than likely Chase Young is the man. However, it would not surprise me if we traded down still for a right offer. Miami wants Tua and has a lot of ammo. I could almost seeing this being more smoke from Rivera. Either way, we should be a much better team after the draft.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 06:41 AM   #198
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
I agree that more than likely Chase Young is the man. However, it would not surprise me if we traded down still for a right offer. Miami wants Tua and has a lot of ammo. I could almost seeing this being more smoke from Rivera. Either way, we should be a much better team after the draft.
Miami has enough ammo to leapfrog us if they wanted. If they want to give us a boatload of picks I'm fine with it but I don't see it happening.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:41 AM   #199
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Miami has enough ammo to leapfrog us if they wanted. If they want to give us a boatload of picks I'm fine with it but I don't see it happening.
The only way that Miami can ensure that they get Tua is to trade for the #1 pick, so a deal between Miami and Cincinnati can't be ruled out.

A lucrative deal to trade out of the #2 pick is acceptable to me, though not preferred, except that I can't stand the thought that Chase Young might fall to the Giants. I do not want that man to go to a divisional rival.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 09:26 AM   #200
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
They want Burrow more, I don't see them trading up to us for Tua. He'll be there at 5
Old 04-15-2020, 09:54 AM   #201
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
They want Burrow more, I don't see them trading up to us for Tua. He'll be there at 5
Staying at 5 and missing out on Burrow or Tua could be a "you bet your career" move. Now is the time for them to get their franchise QB and there is no reason to risk failure to do so.
Old 04-15-2020, 10:14 AM   #202
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
AKA Snyder is locked out of the draft process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL! We can only hope
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 10:20 AM   #203
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

If I'm the Redskins the price for the #2 pick is going to be very steep. I've seen some mock drafts where the author shows us trading down for returns that I think are ridiculous. I think it is far more likely that our asking price would be exceptionally high. After all, trading for that draft position is likely to get the other team either a generational talent at a key Edge position or a potential franchise QB. So, if I were doing the deal, the other team would have to throw out the draft value chart and PAY ME!

That would be the only way for the other team to get the #2 pick because I know what it's worth and I'd be perfectly happy to use that pick on Chase Young. They'd have to make me question my sanity for turning down the deal in this first year of building a new team.

I haven't seen anyone here - and we're supposed to be crazy Redskins fans - come up with a trade scenario that would make me do that deal. As a group, I think we've accepted the probability that we'll have to accept less than we'd like in a trade for Trent Williams but, conversely, we're underestimating the value of the #2 pick in this particular draft. It could be a gold mine.
Old 04-15-2020, 10:31 AM   #204
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
If I'm the Redskins the price for the #2 pick is going to be very steep. I've seen some mock drafts where the author shows us trading down for returns that I think are ridiculous. I think it is far more likely that our asking price would be exceptionally high. After all, trading for that draft position is likely to get the other team either a generational talent at a key Edge position or a potential franchise QB. So, if I were doing the deal, the other team would have to throw out the draft value chart and PAY ME!

That would be the only way for the other team to get the #2 pick because I know what it's worth and I'd be perfectly happy to use that pick on Chase Young. They'd have to make me question my sanity for turning down the deal in this first year of building a new team.

I haven't seen anyone here - and we're supposed to be crazy Redskins fans - come up with a trade scenario that would make me do that deal. As a group, I think we've accepted the probability that we'll have to accept less than we'd like in a trade for Trent Williams but, conversely, we're underestimating the value of the #2 pick in this particular draft. It could be a gold mine.
I like the way you think.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:03 AM   #205
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Deleted. Duplicate post.
Old 04-15-2020, 11:59 AM   #206
Ohioskins
Special Teams

I have to admit I am now wondering about how much of an NFL season there may be in 2020.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 12:00 PM   #207
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

John Clayton says the Dolphins are only willing to move up if its to #1 which many have said recently, they do not believe the skins will draft Tua and if they did they like Herbert and Love a lot too.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:49 PM   #208
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
John Clayton says the Dolphins are only willing to move up if its to #1 which many have said recently, they do not believe the skins will draft Tua and if they did they like Herbert and Love a lot too.
Well then, using my rusty logic skills, if what Clayton is saying is true, then the Dolphins would only move up to #1 to draft Burrow.
Old 04-15-2020, 01:13 PM   #209
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Dupe post again.
Old 04-15-2020, 01:35 PM   #210
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Well then, using my rusty logic skills, if what Clayton is saying is true, then the Dolphins would only move up to #1 to draft Burrow.
Yeah they rated Burrow as a perfect grade on their bored.