Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-10-2020, 08:14 PM   #1
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Offseason Roster Moves Thread

Well, looking ahead...

I made a list of 2020 Free agents who I think could help us:

Offense:

TE - Eric Ebron. Age 27. Eric has posted four straight seasons of PFF grades of 69.0 or above. He is a reliable receiving option and a true Red Zone threat. In 2018 alone he scored an eye-opening 13 TD’s. Estimated salary $7M.

WR - Emmanuel Sanders. Age 33. He is an excellent route runner with exceptional hands and a history of NFL success. I see him as a stabilizing veteran presence and mentor for our WR group for a season or two. Estimated salary $10M.

OT - Dennis Kelly. Age 30. He is a natural RT, although he has played at LT, as well. He was a backup in Philly until he was traded to Tennessee. He has been a very good pass protector who allows few sacks and commits very few penalties. Estimated salary ??. He could be a bargain as a UFA.

Defense

FS - Tre Boston. Age 28. Tre is a true FS. He is a playmaker who is outstanding in coverage. Played for CAR last season. He could be a great fit working with Collins. Estimated salary $8M.

Slot Corner - It’s our hometown hero, Kendall Fuller! Age 25. He was possibly the top slot corner in the League when he was with us so, of course, Bruce Allen traded him. He played out of position at safety for KC. He is a playmaker and it is time to bring him home to play the slot for us. Estimated salary $5M.

That’s all I’ve got to offer as FA possibilities. There just aren’t very many players to be had as FA’s who won’t cost a fortune or who I think can move the needle upwards for us.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:10 PM   #2
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Well, looking ahead...

Offense:

TE - Eric Ebron. Age 27. Eric has posted four straight seasons of PFF grades of 69.0 or above. He is a reliable receiving option and a true Red Zone threat. In 2018 alone he scored an eye-opening 13 TD’s. Estimated salary $7M.

WR - Emmanuel Sanders. Age 33. He is an excellent route runner with exceptional hands and a history of NFL success. I see him as a stabilizing veteran presence and mentor for our WR group for a season or two. Estimated salary $10M.

OT - Dennis Kelly. Age 30. He is a natural RT, although he has played at LT, as well. He was a backup in Philly until he was traded to Tennessee. He has been a very good pass protector who allows few sacks and commits very few penalties. Estimated salary ??. He could be a bargain as a UFA.

Defense

FS - Tre Boston. Age 28. Tre is a true FS. He is a playmaker who is outstanding in coverage. Played for CAR last season. He could be a great fit working with Collins. Estimated salary $8M.

Slot Corner - It’s our hometown hero, Kendall Fuller! Age 25. He was possibly the top slot corner in the League when he was with us so, of course, Bruce Allen traded him. He played out of position at safety for KC. He is a playmaker and it is time to bring him home to play the slot for us. Estimated salary $5M.

That’s all I’ve got to offer as FA possibilities. There just aren’t very many players to be had as FA’s who won’t cost a fortune or who I think can move the needle upwards for us.
Good list, would be nice to add another RB as well.. Let CT go
Old 02-11-2020, 08:06 PM   #3
Warthog
The Starter

Offseason Roster Moves Thread

Quote:
Well, looking ahead...

Offense:

Defense

Really good list and research. I think Ebron is a decent choice at TE but if we’re going to pay the big money, why not go for the gold? That means Hooper or Henry. One may be franchised by their teams but getting either will be a HUGE improvement for the offense. We’d go from nothing at TE (both Reed and Davis were hurt almost the entire season) to elite for receiving and blocking in such a critical position. Also, both Hooper and Henry are young, which means they play with us for years. Getting either will really help Haskins in the red zone. I think the team will really spend their money on this position because we have nothing there now.

I agree with Tre Boston at FS. I mean he played for RR so they know how good he is. He and Collins are well matched to help protect each other’s weaknesses.

I also agree with Kendall Fuller. He’s underrated because they had him out of position at KC. He will be cheap and an a real deal. But only for a short contract in case he doesn’t come back to form at CB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:19 AM   #4
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Really good list and research. I think Ebron is a decent choice at TE but if we’re going to pay the big money, why not go for the gold? That means Hooper or Henry. One may be franchised by their teams but getting either will be a HUGE improvement for the offense. We’d go from nothing at TE (both Reed and Davis were hurt almost the entire season) to elite for receiving and blocking in such a critical position. Also, both Hooper and Henry are young, which means they play with us for years. Getting either will really help Haskins in the red zone. I think the team will really spend their money on this position because we have nothing there now.

I agree with Tre Boston at FS. I mean he played for RR so they know how good he is. He and Collins are well matched to help protect each other’s weaknesses.

I also agree with Kendall Fuller. He’s underrated because they had him out of position at KC. He will be cheap and an a real deal. But only for a short contract in case he doesn’t come back to form at CB.

Thanks for the compliment. I like Ebron as a proven Red Zone threat. I think Hooper hasn't scored much. I also thought Ebron might not have as high a price tag as Hooper. I'd gladly take either one.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 01:33 PM   #5
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment. I like Ebron as a proven Red Zone threat. I think Hooper hasn't scored much. I also thought Ebron might not have as high a price tag as Hooper. I'd gladly take either one.

Ebron has a history with drops, so most don’t consider him as among the top-ranked TE. Ebron is very good but not the top level of TE FA.

Hooper is the very best TE FA and only will cost what we paid Reed. Henry is another top TE to consider. I hope Hooper/Henry is the first FA pickup we make. His acquisition will help Haskins and our Red Zone offense.

Besides getting a big-ticket TE like Hooper or Henry ($10 mill/yr) I also give it a good possibility that we take Greg Olsen for a one-year contract.

Flyboy.

Old 02-17-2020, 02:16 PM   #6
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Saw that Lions might be trading Darius Slay (per Schefter). Wouldn't mind trading for him and extending him. He's on his last year.

Get Slay and keep Dunbar or sign Bradberry.

A lot of money but CB is an important position.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:41 AM   #7
calia
Playmaker

Norman to be cut. No surprises there.

Old 02-14-2020, 09:41 AM   #8
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

good
Old 02-16-2020, 12:03 AM   #9
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

My FA wish list: Jack Conklin, Austin Hooper, Carlos Hyde, Cory Littleton, and James Bradberry
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:33 PM   #10
AnonEmouse
The Starter

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...2020-nfl-draft

Wondering if it would be worth going after Anderson and/or Watkins as #2 to McLaurin. Probably too expensive but Anderson is proven and Watkins is coming off a decent season and surely won't be as expensive as his current $21M pay level.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:49 PM   #11
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...2020-nfl-draft

Wondering if it would be worth going after Anderson and/or Watkins as #2 to McLaurin. Probably too expensive but Anderson is proven and Watkins is coming off a decent season and surely won't be as expensive as his current $21M pay level.
Breshad Perriman had 36 rec, 645 yds, and 6 TDs last season in Tampa Bay, behind Evans and Godwin in targets.

I know he came on the team in the middle of the 2018 season and didn't fare so well. But those are some decent numbers and I wouldn't mind trying him out.

The WR is going to be super expense (Amari) or with players who are older and expensive (Sanders, AJ Green).
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 03:41 PM   #12
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Breshad Perriman had 36 rec, 645 yds, and 6 TDs last season in Tampa Bay, behind Evans and Godwin in targets.

I know he came on the team in the middle of the 2018 season and didn't fare so well. But those are some decent numbers and I wouldn't mind trying him out.

The WR is going to be super expense (Amari) or with players who are older and expensive (Sanders, AJ Green).

I think the team is going to go for a top-end TE like Hooper or Henry. That will cost $8-9 mill, which is far cheaper than WR Green or Cooper. They’ll maybe even hire Greg Olsen on top of that at TE. This fills the TE holes.

The Redskins have a very good, young and improving WR group. The area that needs help is at WR#2, which is now filled by Harmon. So it might be better to try to DRAFT a WR #2, since this years draft is deep with WR players. Then the draft WR competes with Harmon. It’s a cheaper plan than going for a very expensive WR FA. We have many FA needs and WR might be a place to fill with the draft.

Flyboy.

Old 02-17-2020, 03:42 PM   #13
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

I'm thinking same thing.. When I looked at the FA for WRs and I don't see anyone who would be great asset for Redskins. I'm not counting AJ Green and Emmanuel Sanders because I'm pretty sure they will either resign with their team or sign with a contender team. I would prefer for us to offer Perriman a prove it deal to show that he can be consistent.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:42 PM   #14
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Checked in with some folks about Jordan Reed’s status - Even in concussion protocol Redskins can release him. Reed could be eligible for CBA's injury protection benefit of $1.2M if he isn't cleared to play in 2020. His contract also might contain some injury guarantees.

-jp finlay

This is true. They do not have to reach an injury settlement with him. If released, he's then entitled to the injury protection benefit. If Reed wants to retire, makes sense to wait until after collecting this benefit to announce

-Keim

Don’t need to wait to cut Reed for injury settlement

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:14 PM   #15
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Checked in with some folks about Jordan Reed’s status - Even in concussion protocol Redskins can release him. Reed could be eligible for CBA's injury protection benefit of $1.2M if he isn't cleared to play in 2020. His contract also might contain some injury guarantees.

-jp finlay

This is true. They do not have to reach an injury settlement with him. If released, he's then entitled to the injury protection benefit. If Reed wants to retire, makes sense to wait until after collecting this benefit to announce

-Keim

Don’t need to wait to cut Reed for injury settlement

I think the Redskins should hold some sort of mutual press conference with Reed to announce his release from the team, even if they don’t have to pay an injury settlement. He’s sacrificed himself for the team and is well thought of by his teammates, coaches, the media and the fans. Sorry to see him go but it’s time to move on. That $8.5 mill will pay for an outstanding replacement like Hooper or Henry.

Flyboy.