Domestic terrorism

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-14-2016, 09:27 AM   #196
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Nobody said it wasn't a terrorist act. Just that it's not some radical Islamic terrorist attack.

Just because he isn't some jihadist doesn't mean he still isn't a terrorist. I'd say it was more of a hate crime/massacre than anything. Targeting a specific minority group for his destruction falls under that category.

What facts are those? We've heard from plenty of people that say he wasn't really religious (ex-wife/family). Just because he calls into 911 and pledges allegiance to some nutjob faction doesn't make him apart of that faction.
Folks this is the liberal left talking "Nutjob faction"...these aren't even a terrorist organization to these people. Wow This organization is openly committing genocide and attacking the west...nutjob faction. This is the same complicity of how we got here.....wow

Pledging allegiance to a terror organization twice over the phone does not make you a terrorist? DA FUQ.....

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-14-2016, 10:02 AM   #197
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
There very likely could be a combination of two things going on here, but I don't see how guns aren't PART of this equation. Not sure who reads Reddit, but it is absolutely overrun with morons saying guns weren't part of the problem. I just don't understand how we can't limit the sales of these types of guns. People instantly hear ban and they assu me it's everything. Will criminals still get guns if they want them? Absolutely. If a ban on assault rifles, extended magazines, etc. saves even ONE life, wouldn't it be worth it?

I don't imagine he would go through the channels to somehow get a black market assault rifle if it was illegal. The death toll could have been cut in half.
Assault weapons are essentially the same as any other semi-automatic weapon (handgun or rifle). Some are just scarier looking than others. The previous assault weapon ban had little or no effect on crime (depending on which lies you subscribe to). Another will likely have the same effect. As you stated, the people that you want to be deprived of guns.....won't be.
What is it you really expect to achieve?
We have a people problem and until we attack it from that angle, we'll see nothing progressive and we'll haven plenty more of the same. The gun is just a tool easily replaceable with bombs....anthrax.....nukes.....jetliners...fertili zer, etc.
Who knows? You cannot ban everything....or can you?
These people and groups have proven to highly inventive when confronted with such choices.
Hell, we can't get our borders under control. Until AT LEAST that happens, we cannot hope to stem the importation of bad guys and things we do not want them to have.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:09 AM   #198
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Assault weapons are essentially the same as any other semi-automatic weapon (handgun or rifle). Some are just scarier looking than others. The previous assault weapon ban had little or no effect on crime (depending on which lies you subscribe to). Another will likely have the same effect. As you stated, the people that you want to be deprived of guns.....won't be.
What is it you really expect to achieve?
We have a people problem and until we attack it from that angle, we'll see nothing progressive and we'll haven plenty more of the same. The gun is just a tool easily replaceable with bombs....anthrax.....nukes.....jetliners...fertili zer, etc.
Who knows? You cannot ban everything....or can you?
These people and groups have proven to highly inventive when confronted with such choices.
Hell, we can't get our borders under control. Until AT LEAST that happens, we cannot hope to stem the importation of bad guys and things we do not want them to have.
This is enough for me. Even a little is worth it. It always comes down to, "Well, it probably won't work so let's just not try it." I mean, why not? That's my question, why NOT try?

And trust me, I don't think guns are the sole problem nor do I think all guns should be banned. Obviously, this is pure speculation, but say we had an assault gun ban in effect, do you think the death toll would have been as high? I really don't think it would have been. I think your serious terrorist would do whatever they could to acquire bomb building materials, assault rifles, etc.

Again, if it lowered these types of crimes by .0000001% that's worth it because really, what is the cost?
Old 06-14-2016, 10:17 AM   #199
Hog1

understood...
Thanx for the clarification
Old 06-14-2016, 10:28 AM   #200
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
This is enough for me. Even a little is worth it. It always comes down to, "Well, it probably won't work so let's just not try it." I mean, why not? That's my question, why NOT try?

And trust me, I don't think guns are the sole problem nor do I think all guns should be banned. Obviously, this is pure speculation, but say we had an assault gun ban in effect, do you think the death toll would have been as high? I really don't think it would have been. I think your serious terrorist would do whatever they could to acquire bomb building materials, assault rifles, etc.

Again, if it lowered these types of crimes by .0000001% that's worth it because really, what is the cost?
I think we need to separate a couple things...these assault weapons tend to be used in these activity shooter, mass killing.

"normal" gun violence tends to be hand guns and long guns.

The mass killings are headline makers...normal gun violence isn't talked about much.

We talk about mass killings a lot...we don't talk about everyday gun violence which affect more folks across the country. Chicago, Baltimore...? Are we good with this? Would assault weapons bans stop this violence? probably very little.

The mass killings are usually mentally unstable, mental illness...some terrorists. I think these people would still want to kill regardless of a ban of assault weapons. Is it the act or gun?

These are tough questions for sure

He Gets Us
Old 06-14-2016, 10:54 AM   #201
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Right. For me, it's definitely two issues.

The hardest question is the "why?" and how do you fix that?

I just think some very simple things could be done to lessen gun violence. My frustration is that there's such giant opposition. I'm not talking about some huge revamp. Talking about VERY simple things that just make sense, yet somehow we can't get this passed.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:06 AM   #202
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Right. For me, it's definitely two issues.

The hardest question is the "why?" and how do you fix that?

I just think some very simple things could be done to lessen gun violence. My frustration is that there's such giant opposition. I'm not talking about some huge revamp. Talking about VERY simple things that just make sense, yet somehow we can't get this passed.
The toughest thing is effectively defining mental illness...medications are prescribed for everything...lotta medicated folks. Do we really want a database of this?...Seems too intrusive. I don't think the governments belongs in mine, yours, and family medical records and then determining constitutional rights...

I think if your on the terrorist watchlist...its simple...you cant posses or buy a weapon. Sorry.

He Gets Us
Old 06-14-2016, 01:20 PM   #203
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

The database would definitely be one of the NON-simple solutions.

While I think you could pare that down to certain red flags, I also don't want the government up in my records.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:23 PM   #204
Hog1

Quote:
The database would definitely be one of the NON-simple solutions.

While I think you could pare that down to certain red flags, I also don't want the government up in my records.
People do not trust the Fed...imagine that.
And we no longer are a people of common sense. We're to occupied with who can use......Dick/No Dick bathrooms to actually embrace actions other than to bamboozle and betray the voters.....
Old 06-14-2016, 05:45 PM   #205
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Without diving into the whole mess, I hate the argument "if it even saved 1 ... " It's a terrible and imo evil way of defining solution sets.

It's terrible because a multitude of bad laws have been and will forever be written using the if it even saved 1 train of thought. How about we write a law that every car must stop for any pedestrian crossing the road. How many lives would be saved, certainly at least one somewhere, but it's a terrible law because no appropriately cautious drivers would ever get where they were going, so most likely it would lead to super cautious drivers who gave every pedestrian a 5 foot berth and crazy whacked out drivers who ignore the law and put more people at risk.

It's evil because many (I would say most, but not all) the people who use that line of argument have a hidden agenda that they hide by making ridiculous heroisms like "if it saves 1 life I would give up my life savings for ever", "if it saves 1 child, it will be worth giving our government all their private information", ... the list goes on and on, and those who would seek to usurp the freedoms enshrined in the declaration of independence and the Constitution will forever beat the "if it saves one life " drum.

That's my opinion at least.

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 06-14-2016 at 07:11 PM.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:10 PM   #206
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Nevermind. This is taking a single comment and taking it into something I had no intention of doing. My comments are topical only. I have no agenda. If by that logic the bans caused more deaths I obviously would agree. Again, what is the valid argument in just trying it? I have yet to hear a rational reason.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:10 PM   #207
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Nevermind. This is taking a single comment and taking it into something I had no intention of doing. My comments are topical only. I have no agenda. If by that logic the bans caused more deaths I obviously would agree. Again, what is the valid argument in just trying it? I have yet to hear a rational reason.
The main reason that I know of is simply that once a law is on the books, it tends to grow tentacles. You could put a law on the books, and inevitably, if it fails to produce results the rationale will most likely be that it just needed one more tweak, one more adjustment, not that it was a failed experiment and let's remove it.

for the record, I didn't think you were using the "if it saves 1 life" mantra the way I wrote, but I do think that people with very bad intentions often get a lot of traction with good minded folk using that logic.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:43 PM   #208
Hog1

https://pjmedia.com/homeland-securit...igated-by-fbi/

Interesting philosophy.....
Old 06-14-2016, 08:06 PM   #209
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The toughest thing is effectively defining mental illness...medications are prescribed for everything...lotta medicated folks. Do we really want a database of this?...Seems too intrusive. I don't think the governments belongs in mine, yours, and family medical records and then determining constitutional rights...

I think if your on the terrorist watchlist...its simple...you cant posses or buy a weapon. Sorry.

How would that have stop Sandy Hook or any school shooting for that matter ?Chico you can't scream every time one of these mass shootings goes down blame Obama and then turn down any or all suggestions to prevent them from happening again.Somewhere someone's personal freedom's are going to be infringed upon to help end these killings the question is how do we the people control it?
Old 06-14-2016, 08:21 PM   #210
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Domestic terrori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
How would that have stop Sandy Hook or any school shooting for that matter ?Chico you can't scream every time one of these mass shootings goes down blame Obama and then turn down any or all suggestions to prevent them from happening again.Somewhere someone's personal freedom's are going to be infringed upon to help end these killings the question is how do we the people control it?
Dude I'm screaming because this was the worst terrorist attack since 9/11 and another one in a long series committed by Isis. I guess no one saw Isis committed another attack in France yesterday as well. This one claims he was directed by Isis and killed while on facebook streaming live.

I really don't think the media covers the Isis crisis enough and i don't think the American people understand how serious and deadly this group is...just last week cnn had an article up and I'm paraphrasing : "just how much of a threat is Isis?" just another liberal garbage article. Now we see just how much this threat is.

Sandy hook/ Newton was incomprehensible...its a story about a terribly neglected kid by his own parents. They were fucking horrible people.

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 06-15-2016 at 08:59 AM.