Parking Lot

Old 02-09-2017, 06:21 PM   #196
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Re: I Got All Sorts of Warpath Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
RobH4413:

You defended Vinny Cerrato??? LMAO!!!Are you his brother?
I wasn't alone!

I wasn't so much an apologist, as I didn't think firing him was an appropriate back in the day. Was I wrong? I mean yeah he sucks, but we also have had mediocrity with and without him.

Last edited by RobH4413; 02-09-2017 at 07:08 PM.
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-10-2017, 10:24 AM   #197
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
I wasn't alone!

I wasn't so much an apologist, as I didn't think firing him was an appropriate back in the day. Was I wrong? I mean yeah he sucks, but we also have had mediocrity with and without him.
Well, hindsight is always 20/20, and when you do go back and look like some of those years - Vinny did help to bring in some quality players. Of course I like to think that it was Gibbs helping Vinny bring in some of those guys. Such as Portis, Sean Taylor, Santana Moss, Chris Cooley, etc.. But, you also have to look at guys like Chris Samuels, a perennial Pro Bowler, LaVar Arrington (another Pro Bowler), Champ Bailey, etc... all quality guys.

The problem is, then you have the Albert Hanesworth mess, Adam Archuleta, the deals with Bruce Smith and Deion Sanders, etc....Even if Vinny wasn't the sole one to blame, he had a hand in that mess.

I just wonder what would have been different had Snyder not fired Charlie Casserly?
Old 02-10-2017, 10:39 AM   #198
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Well, hindsight is always 20/20, and when you do go back and look like some of those years - Vinny did help to bring in some quality players. Of course I like to think that it was Gibbs helping Vinny bring in some of those guys. Such as Portis, Sean Taylor, Santana Moss, Chris Cooley, etc.. But, you also have to look at guys like Chris Samuels, a perennial Pro Bowler, LaVar Arrington (another Pro Bowler), Champ Bailey, etc... all quality guys.

The problem is, then you have the Albert Hanesworth mess, Adam Archuleta, the deals with Bruce Smith and Deion Sanders, etc....Even if Vinny wasn't the sole one to blame, he had a hand in that mess.

I just wonder what would have been different had Snyder not fired Charlie Casserly?
Most likely a bit better, but it all hinges on the QB position. We still would have bumped our heads on the 10-6 ceiling unless Casserly somehow came up with a QB solution during that time.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:47 AM   #199
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:

Right.

My biggest gripe with Cerrato was his absolute failures in FA. His drafts were definitely hit or miss which most teams tend to have, but his free agency fails were mind-numbing.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:05 AM   #200
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Right.

My biggest gripe with Cerrato was his absolute failures in FA. His drafts were definitely hit or miss which most teams tend to have, but his free agency fails were mind-numbing.
the philosophy....the philosophy of team building was insane and the Zorn HC hire was maybe the worse thing ever. That's what drove me to this site...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:07 AM   #201
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I think the Zorn year was the beginning of my cynicism. That's the year I was said, "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong." with this franchise. Until a couple years ago, they've proven that to be true. If we fail to sign Cousins, I'll think the same thing.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:49 AM   #202
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I think the Zorn year was the beginning of my cynicism. That's the year I was said, "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong." with this franchise. Until a couple years ago, they've proven that to be true. If we fail to sign Cousins, I'll think the same thing.
I agree with that and you can already see the tell-tale signs of dysfunction.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c2e29b9fe26f

I guess the real questions is whether or not we will/should blow this up again if we regress next year. It's odd that we are in such limbo right now with the possibility of losing your offensive coordinator, starting quarterback, and our top two receivers.

As far as Cerrato, I mean... the guy is simply a boob. Listen to him on the Baltimore radio stations for five minutes. I had a chance to meet him right after he was fired and seemed like a nice enough guy, but he clearly should not have been in charge of anything.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:14 PM   #203
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
I agree with that and you can already see the tell-tale signs of dysfunction.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c2e29b9fe26f

I guess the real questions is whether or not we will/should blow this up again if we regress next year. It's odd that we are in such limbo right now with the possibility of losing your offensive coordinator, starting quarterback, and our top two receivers.

As far as Cerrato, I mean... the guy is simply a boob. Listen to him on the Baltimore radio stations for five minutes. I had a chance to meet him right after he was fired and seemed like a nice enough guy, but he clearly should not have been in charge of anything.
I wouldn't put much faith in the WP reports. Again, nothing wrong with letting SM do what he does best which is evaluate talent. If BA wants to blabber on with the reporters more power to him.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:15 PM   #204
metalskins
The Starter

I'm so happy this thread has gotten to 14 pages!