Debating with the enemy

Old 11-10-2017, 06:26 PM   #196
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Chico , Brexit???

Lets look at trump s hiring.............

Donald Trump: Boeing Factory Announced Layoffs

Final round of layoffs planned at Carrier plant Trump promised to save - Story | WTXF

Wall Street.
https://www.npr.org/2017/07/20/53835...-a-trump-rally
From July

"But there are other forces driving the stock rally "that are not attributable to Trump, at all," Siegel says. One is faster global growth. That, combined with a recent decline in the value of the dollar, has sparked more demand for U.S. goods abroad, helping boost U.S. company profits.

"Almost 40 percent of the profits of S&P 500 companies come from abroad," Siegel says. So, a stronger global economy is boosting U.S. stock prices.

U.S. growth is still sluggish — a 1.4 percent rate in the first quarter — and far below the Trump administration's goal of 3 percent.
So the first quarter was 1.4%, and we all agree that Trump didn't take office till mid January, so not much chance of an impact.

The 2nd quarter - maybe a little impact? -
Quote:
U.S. economic growth revised up to 3.1% rate in Q2. WASHINGTON — The U.S. economy grew at an upgraded annual rate of 3.1% in the spring, the fastest pace in more than two years. But growth is expected to slow sharply this quarter in the wake of a string of devastating hurricanes.Sep 28, 2017
U.S. economic growth revised up to 3.1% rate in Q2 - USA Today
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money....../711674001/
The 3rd quarter - still some maybe, but like the quote says, expect it to slow because of the hurricanes -

Quote:
First reading on third-quarter GDP up 3.0%, vs 2.5% rise expected
The last 4 years of Pres. Obama's tenure, the real growth was 2012 : 2.2%, 2013 : 1.7%, 14 : 2.4% 15:2.6% 16: 1.6%.

Is Trump fully responsible, of course not, but if the economy was in the dumps I know that without a doubt, the spin would be Pres. Obama had a stable economy in place and Trump ruined it.

I do think Pres Obama and the Republican congress, and of course the Fed Reserve, kept the economy on a low growth even keel trend. I believe, based on my understanding of how Pres Obama often described the economy, that he believes that a slower growth course is best, and I think that corporate decision makers knew that. I believe they also know that Trump wants to see more extensive growth, and they are acting on that belief, and expectation that the economy will be allowed to grow more robustly under a Trump administration then was allowed under the Obama administration.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-10-2017, 06:38 PM   #197
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Also, thank you for your opinion. It feels like no one admits they voted for him. I still detest him as a human being.
What does it say about our society, when basically half the country feels like they have to hide their beliefs from the other half because they know the other side will act out and hissy fit over it?

I don't think Trump voters are in any way ashamed that they voted for him. I do think that they just don't want to be dumped into a stereotypical heap by those who don't agree with them.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:07 PM   #198
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.c7c4db3ead85

This just seems like a dumb move.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:21 PM   #199
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Agreed...the hornets nest is buzzing out there like we’ve never seen, you don’t run up and kick it. Extremely poor move right now.

It’s ironic how we view the Middle East as the cradle of civilization but it’s been the main factor in holding the modern world back with it’s never ending strife. The man upstairs really threw a wrench in the game when he planted the greatest deposit of oil in the world smack dab in the middle of that place.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:55 PM   #200
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Agreed...the hornets nest is buzzing out there like we’ve never seen, you don’t run up and kick it. Extremely poor move right now.

It’s ironic how we view the Middle East as the cradle of civilization but it’s been the main factor in holding the modern world back with it’s never ending strife. The man upstairs really threw a wrench in the game when he planted the greatest deposit of oil in the world smack dab in the middle of that place.
That man is going to do anything that can distract from that Mueller investigation. Trump's walls are closing in and he's feeling the squeeze.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:38 PM   #201
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Trump is doing what he campaigned on doing. just under half the electorate wanted him to do these things (me included), just under half the electorate didn't want him to.

Personally I still wish the Republican congress (Senators especially) would do what they campaigned on. Heck if all the politicians actually did what they campaigned to do, maybe there would be more faith in our system. Instead all the dems and most republicans make minor policy shifts and raise loud stinks about the other side but ignore what the people sent them to do.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:24 PM   #202
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Trump is doing what he campaigned on doing. just under half the electorate wanted him to do these things (me included), just under half the electorate didn't want him to.

No , three million more wanted him not to do the stupid stuff he has done ,than wanted him too. Tax bill isn't his, it's Ryan's which is why it just might pass as for anything else trump hasn't done anything but executive orders and those will be reversed after he is gone.Next year.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:54 AM   #203
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
No , three million more wanted him not to do the stupid stuff he has done ,than wanted him too. Tax bill isn't his, it's Ryan's which is why it just might pass as for anything else trump hasn't done anything but executive orders and those will be reversed after he is gone.Next year.
3 million more still equals under the half the voting electorate. Point being that the country is fairly evenly split on a lot of this. When you say the Tax bill isn't his, it is safe to say that under a democratic presidency like Sanders or H Clinton, there would be absolutely 0 chance of the tax reform bill. You and others would obviously love that fact, but the agenda, and reforms that are slowly working through the swamp and morass of the DC bureacracy are the results of an agenda laid down by Pres. Trump.

And he won't be gone next year.

(for the mathematically challenged:
HC 48.2% <50%.
Trump 46.1% <50%)
Old 12-07-2017, 04:59 PM   #204
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here like "come on baby, trickle down!"

Old 12-08-2017, 05:36 AM   #205
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
3 million more still equals under the half the voting electorate. Point being that the country is fairly evenly split on a lot of this. When you say the Tax bill isn't his, it is safe to say that under a democratic presidency like Sanders or H Clinton, there would be absolutely 0 chance of the tax reform bill. You and others would obviously love that fact, but the agenda, and reforms that are slowly working through the swamp and morass of the DC bureacracy are the results of an agenda laid down by Pres. Trump.

And he won't be gone next year.

(for the mathematically challenged:
HC 48.2% <50%.
Trump 46.1% <50%)

LOL, spin it any way you want.The tax bill is Ryan's and he has been at it for a while to say it's trumps agenda is silly. The only thing trump lays down is the hair on his head..Again there would have been tax reform under Sanders and Clinton,they just would not make the middle class pay for the wealthy tax cuts.
48.2% is still more than 46.1 percent in anyone's math.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:37 AM   #206
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here like "come on baby, trickle down!"

LOL, I'm 61 and I still have never seen it.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:32 AM   #207
MTK
\m/

Quote:
LOL, I'm 61 and I still have never seen it.

You have a better chance of seeing a unicorn
Old 12-08-2017, 10:09 AM   #208
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
LOL, spin it any way you want.The tax bill is Ryan's and he has been at it for a while to say it's trumps agenda is silly. The only thing trump lays down is the hair on his head..Again there would have been tax reform under Sanders and Clinton,they just would not make the middle class pay for the wealthy tax cuts.
48.2% is still more than 46.1 percent in anyone's math.
I have wondered where Trump gets all these ideas from. Like, he's not smart enough to come up with shit on his own.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:05 PM   #209
Giantone
Gamebreaker

In something new and different..............

Steve Bannon is back and he doesn't seem to like Donni Jr!

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...onster/549566/

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...meeting-321209
Old 01-03-2018, 12:11 PM   #210
MTK
\m/

I’m so glad Trump has a bigger nuke button than rocket man, I mean seriously WTF