Vince Young overrated?

Thread Hell

Old 12-07-2007, 10:45 AM   #196
jsarno
Franchise Player

Re: Vince Young overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Sorry to keep this going but I think we should at least be fair and give the man some credit when he does play well.

Last week he was 21 of 31 for 248 yards with 2 TDs and 1 INT.
Very true. He finally had more TD's than turnovers (although by luck, he did have a fumble). But he did play fairly well for a game.
Hey, even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while. Mike Vick used to have good games occasionally too.

Advertisements
Old 12-07-2007, 10:46 AM   #197
12thMan
MVP

J, what's all the hate toward VY?
Old 12-07-2007, 10:53 AM   #198
mheisig
The Starter

Can we please kill this joke of a thread? Every week I'm amazed that this drivel actually shows up again, and most weeks I manage to ignore it.

Why would anyone make it their apparent mission in life (or on the WP) to continually, week in and week out, harp on someone they don't know and have no connection to, and is not on the same team, same conference or same division as the Redskins? This makes as much sense as picking some random highschool discus thrower and talking ad nauseum about why we don't like him.

Did Vince Young steal your teddy bear or sleep with your sister and not call her back? That's all I can figure as the reason you would just single someone out like this.

It all sure sounds awfully negative and pessimistic for the supposedly eternally optimistic, sunshine loving, ever hopeful blessing that is jsarno. You sure someone didn't hijack your account and make these posts?

Old 12-07-2007, 11:08 AM   #199
onlydarksets
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheisig View Post
Can we please kill this joke of a thread? Every week I'm amazed that this drivel actually shows up again, and most weeks I manage to ignore it.

Why would anyone make it their apparent mission in life (or on the WP) to continually, week in and week out, harp on someone they don't know and have no connection to, and is not on the same team, same conference or same division as the Redskins? This makes as much sense as picking some random highschool discus thrower and talking ad nauseum about why we don't like him.

Did Vince Young steal your teddy bear or sleep with your sister and not call her back? That's all I can figure as the reason you would just single someone out like this.

It all sure sounds awfully negative and pessimistic for the supposedly eternally optimistic, sunshine loving, ever hopeful blessing that is jsarno. You sure someone didn't hijack your account and make these posts?

I'm going to stick up for jsarno on this one - other people keep bumping the thread, not him. If you take a minute and look at the dates of the posts over the past month, that is readily apparent.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:10 AM   #200
mheisig
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
I'm going to stick up for jsarno on this one - other people keep bumping the thread, not him. If you take a minute and look at the dates of the posts over the past month, that is readily apparent.
Good point, Matty DID revive this latest discussion. Shame, Matty, shame...

Still, who started this circus to begin with?

And now I'm prolonging it by responding...I think I'll go cry in the corner now.

What we need is a good old fashioned threadjack! Where's AMD and TMC when you need 'em? We used to jack threads like Carl "CJ" Johnson.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #201
Ocliw
Special Teams

I'm going to start a thread about my next door neighbor.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:14 AM   #202
mheisig
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocliw View Post
I'm going to start a thread about my next door neighbor.
I've heard that your neighbor IS "overrated," whatever that means. Let's rag on him, shall we?
Old 12-07-2007, 12:55 PM   #203
Defensewins
Playmaker

LOL!
Thank you for pointing out the obvious.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:59 PM   #204
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
ugh when is this madness going to stop??
It's not going to stop until you close it.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #205
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

I'll add fuel. The guy definitely has a turnover problem, but so does Jason Campbell. The fact is these two guys are young and young guys, even the best of them, turn the ball over. Moreover, VY is playing with arguably the worst WR corps in the league. Finally, over the past four weeks, the guy has looked pretty damn sharp for a 2nd year QB.

BTW, with regard to the Vick reference, just how did Atlanta fare in the pre-Vick era? How are they faring in the post-Vick era. Vick is an a--hole and he was overrated by many, but he definitely was a bigger playmaker than his stats would indicate. He was pretty much the sole reason why that franchise was in contention for several years.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:43 PM   #206
Vulta121
Camp Scrub

I had to pick him up this week on my fantasy team........... I hope he does well!!
Old 12-09-2007, 08:42 PM   #207
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheisig View Post

LOL. It really cracks me up to see people all upset about this thread being alive, and even more amusing that they continue to post on it. The good news is, more and more people are stopping the eternal blind love fest with Vince Young. This kid was so hyped it's not fair to him. He won a few games, and bamboozeled the country into thinking he's the second coming of Jesus, but turns out he is nothing more than a turnover machine with sub par QB skills. Right now, he can't make up for it with his legs either.

Good news though, he had 0 fumbles today. Uh oh, bad news, he had 0 tds and 2 ints. OUCH.
Also, did you realize that Young did not complete a single pass in the 4th quarter or OT today?

So the real question here is why do people blindly love this guy? If just about any qb in the league had this line: 169 passing yards (avg per game), 7 passing tds, 16 ints, a 66.9 qb rating, everyone would be laughing that he was still a starter. The guy has only been sacked 20 times, so his numbers should be better since he gets good protection. It's a good thing the defense ranks 5th in the NFL or they'd have 3 or 4 wins at best.

2006- 8-6. 2007- 6-6. Career 14-12. ( just thought I'd point that out since people still seem to think "all he does is win".)
Old 12-09-2007, 08:45 PM   #208
Campbell17
Impact Rookie

Its been 2 friggn months of this. Can we move on to talking about someone else being
overrated? Close this Mattyk, please.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:43 AM   #209
12thMan
MVP

I have nothing to add to this thread, but I wanted to post here since it's going to one of those threads.

Mods please don't close
Old 12-10-2007, 09:47 AM   #210
MTK
\m/

I think it's pretty hilarious myself.