Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #196
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Re: Lighten Up On Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Did anyone see "Redskins Nation" tonight with Cerrato? Again, to me, it had the whole pep rally feel. Damage control spin. Discredit any questions that put down the team in any fashion feel.

All of the sudden Larry Michael's breaks into this whole speach about random comments slamming people on the team or in the organization when they don't know anything about the individual.

I presume he was refering to Cerrato. The whole time Cerrato was sitting there looking like a pug stairing straight ahead. Then when questioned it seemed ...I don't know .... like he was not the sharpest tool in the shed. I'm not trying to slam him like others have. I was seriously shocked at how bad he spoke and how he was presented. Maybe it was just me. Cerrato then went on to talk about how he has all these rings from NFC championship games and SB's and maybe he will take a picture of them and send it to the blogger so they will know what it looks like since they will never get a chance to ever have one like him. I thought holly crap what an a$$.
You mean the blogger being a Redskins fan will never get to see a Super Bowl in his time because Vinny won't be able to field a winning Super Bowl team?

Cerrato talking about the Super Bowl rings he got when he was getting coffee for the front office...congrats on being a pimple on the ass of greatness...douche.

What is a Larry Michael? Who and Why is a Larry Michael??? Doesn't anyone know what this guy was before he became the Redskins greaseball spokesman? Has he ever played the game before? Has he had Redskins affliations, anything like that? I've googled him before and got absolutely nothing.

Advertisements
Old 10-01-2009, 08:51 PM   #197
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Did anyone see "Redskins Nation" tonight with Cerrato? Again, to me, it had the whole pep rally feel. Damage control spin. Discredit any questions that put down the team in any fashion feel.

All of the sudden Larry Michael's breaks into this whole speach about random comments slamming people on the team or in the organization when they don't know anything about the individual.

I presume he was refering to Cerrato. The whole time Cerrato was sitting there looking like a pug stairing straight ahead. Then when questioned it seemed ...I don't know .... like he was not the sharpest tool in the shed. I'm not trying to slam him like others have. I was seriously shocked at how bad he spoke and how he was presented. Maybe it was just me. Cerrato then went on to talk about how he has all these rings from NFC championship games and SB's and maybe he will take a picture of them and send it to the blogger so they will know what it looks like since they will never get a chance to ever have one like him. I thought holly crap what an a$$.

Yeah I saw it...it was kinda funny. Poor Vinny he has no clue what he is doing. My question is do you know the woman he was targetting with the rant and who is challenged to call into Vinny's radio show? It was somebody in the DC media...funny
Old 10-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #198
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

When Dan hires a team good team president or / and a GM then I'll lighten up.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #199
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Larry Michael grew up in Maryland and worked as an announcer for Westwood One Radio and as a columnist for USA Today. Well, he wasn't just an announcer (he did events like the Olympics and NCAA Basketball). He was also an executive, programming stations, negotiating deals etc.

I dealt with him a few times many years ago. Definitely has a used car salesman type demeanor. Not a mean guy, but not the most genuine or approachable guy either. Not like Herzog.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #200
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Larry Michael grew up in Maryland and worked as an announcer for Westwood One Radio and as a columnist for USA Today. Well, he wasn't just an announcer (he did events like the Olympics and NCAA Basketball). He was also an executive, programming stations, negotiating deals etc.

I dealt with him a few times many years ago. Definitely has a used car salesman type demeanor. Not a mean guy, but not the most genuine or approachable guy either. Not like Herzog.
Yeah...for some reason the guy comes off as a greaseball. I seem to notice my disdain for him more when we're losing though. Also I wondered how he ever got appointed to such a desirable postion as official commentor for the Redskins.

Thanks for the insight.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #201
MTK
\m/

Think we've got enough Snyder bashing threads going on. I'm gonna start locking some down.