punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-20-2023, 08:45 PM   #182
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: (Twice-annual guaranteed L) Giants postgame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
EB would be set up to fail, if he's smart he wouldn't take it.

I agree with this because there probably isn’t a person on Earth that can make lemonade outta this roster, but he would just have to perform better than Ron to show improvement so the bar is pretty damn low. I don’t know what I would do if it were up to me, but I think Id fire dumb and dumber the morning after the game Thursday and make EB the interim. Id have a long talk with him letting him know I am aware of the state of the team too.
Old 11-20-2023, 09:03 PM   #183
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

(Twice-annual guaranteed L) Giants postgame thread

G - 1 you owe me an apology. As long as Ron Rivera is here don’t you ever think you can lose to my team. Thank God that was the last time you get to embarrass him.

Last edited by punch it in; 11-20-2023 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-21-2023, 08:42 AM   #184
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Not sure it would do anything to make them worse, either tho
I feel like the ownership moved on from players to invest in the future and likely at the expense of the present. Why are the coaches exempt from the same? Removing FO or coaches shows an invest towards the future.
Old 11-21-2023, 08:49 AM   #185
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I feel like the ownership moved on from players to invest in the future and likely at the expense of the present. Why are the coaches exempt from the same? Removing FO or coaches shows an invest towards the future.

Because there is no deadline for getting something in exchange for the coaches or fo. If we could have gotten a new cone for the stadium parking lot for Ron he would have been gone. That being said fire everyone Thursday night.
Old 11-21-2023, 09:16 AM   #186
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Because there is no deadline for getting something in exchange for the coaches or fo. If we could have gotten a new cone for the stadium parking lot for Ron he would have been gone. That being said fire everyone Thursday night.
Damn, that's cold-blooded. Fire them on Thanksgiving lol. Here's a piece of turkey, now get the fuck out.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 10:08 AM   #187
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Damn, that's cold-blooded. Fire them on Thanksgiving lol. Here's a piece of turkey, now get the fuck out.

They are the turkeys
Old 11-21-2023, 10:25 AM   #188
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
isn't that what CAR did to RR? hence why DS said Happy Thanksgiving to open his Jan 2 presser to announce RR as HC
Old 11-21-2023, 01:17 PM   #189
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
What if we fire RR on the way to the stadium and have Magic acting as HC for Thursdays game?
in a world where no PR is bad PR, this would dominate all news channels.

Even if Magic only responsibility is to challenges plays, he can't be any worse than RR.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 05:01 PM   #190
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Heaven forbid a Commanders win over the Cowboys on Thanksgiving! It could postpone the relief I so desperately need. I actually want the Cowboys to beat us by 40 or 50 points to ensure that Josh Harris starts to clean house immediately.

I'll be at a friend's house on Thanksgiving and if he doesn't turn on the Commanders at Dallas game that's fine with me. I'm certainly not going to ask him to put in on.

I've had all I can stand of our fossilized coaches. I'll be right back in the fold as soon as RR and JDR are gone.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 05:06 PM   #191
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Whats the real reason on keeping Ron Rivera employed here? Lots of people say how he deserves to get to the end of the season, respect, Josh Harris doesn't want to be seen as impatient, etc..

Does RR add absolutely anything to the organization at this point? We stand a great chance of ending the season by losing every remaining game if he stays HC. Even by removing him, it doesn't guarantee any wins for the rest of the year, but I feel like you have a better chance without him.

Is RR such a great guy that someone up top feels like they "owe" him to finish out the season as a kind gesture?
Old 11-21-2023, 05:43 PM   #192
MTK
\m/

Yeah I’d say Ron has earned enough respect in this league to not can him during the season especially before the team has been officially eliminated from the playoffs.

What exactly is there to gain by firing him now? We saw Snyder fire coaches during the season, when did it ever work out for the positive?

I think it just ends up being a bad look for ownership.
Old 11-21-2023, 06:37 PM   #193
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Yeah I’d say Ron has earned enough respect in this league to not can him during the season especially before the team has been officially eliminated from the playoffs.

What exactly is there to gain by firing him now? We saw Snyder fire coaches during the season, when did it ever work out for the positive?

I think you right. If I can give MO, RR might not get fired, if upper management liked the way he guided the ship(per say) he might just get bumped upstairs and EB becomes HC with new assistants . That might have been the plain anyway.
Old 11-21-2023, 06:44 PM   #194
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Nothing to gain, but nothing to lose. I really don’t care if he rides it out. It doesn’t matter.

It wouldn’t be the same as Snyder. Snyder hired the coaches he fired. He was an absolutely impatient imbecile. This wouldn’t be the same.

Harris isn’t firing anyone until after the season. It just feels good to say fire them now. Lol.
Old 11-21-2023, 06:46 PM   #195
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I think you right. If I can give MO, RR might not get fired, if upper management liked the way he guided the ship(per say) he might just get bumped upstairs and EB becomes HC with new assistants . That might have been the plain anyway.

I like you G - 1. I do. But do not ever even think about suggesting we keep Ron Rivera anywhere near the team after this year, let alone actually saying it. Please and Thank you.

First you come in here and suggest we have no shot of losing to your miserable team, and now you further try to ruin our good time by suggesting Ron fuckin Rivera gets some sort of reward for righting the ship. The whole notion that Ron bought stability is a joke. He just happened to be the only person desperate enough for another job that would work for Snyder. Just happened to be here when Snyders bs finally caught up with him. Damn you G-1. Lol.