Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 01:13 AM   #181
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangstalicious View Post
I'm upset that we lost today, but... I'm not going to get all butthurt.

I think Mike is doing a fine job. I think some of us are being waaay to critical of this man. Of course your going to say that he missed on situations, but it's the nature of the game.

let's just all hug eachother and wish for a better sunday

friendship!

p.s sorry i've been drinking
I believe, that's the best post of the day

Advertisements
Old 10-08-2012, 01:14 AM   #182
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGIII View Post
RGIIIs passes didn't "look" accurate? Dude was like 14/19. One low pass to Moss was perfectly placed, catchable, but was dropped. At least two others were catchable but dropped as well (Davis, Morgan). Did Ryan's passes look accurate? There were at least two circus catches by Jones, White or Douglas. And WTF was ATL doing throwing to an eligible OL twice in a game? Where they accurate passes too?
Listen, last week we had nearly 200 yards after the catch (or yac) and that was in large part due to Griffin placing the ball where the receiver could catch and run. I realize there were big drops today, but there were also many passes I saw where Griffin's completions were not as productive as they could have been
Old 10-08-2012, 01:17 AM   #183
RGIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Listen, last week we had nearly 200 yards after the catch (or yac) and that was in large part due to Griffin placing the ball where the receiver could catch and run. I realize there were big drops today, but there were also many passes I saw where Griffin's completions were not as productive as they could have been
I hear you but, RGIII was handcuffed. I wonder how much YAC from previous games came from RGIII not operating out of the shotgun? Heck Cousins TD came from...
Old 10-08-2012, 01:20 AM   #184
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGIII View Post
I hear you but, RGIII was handcuffed. I wonder how much YAC from previous games came from RGIII operating out of the shotgun? Heck Cousins TD came from...
Well it did seem that this was the least "Baylor offense" game we've seen yet
Old 10-08-2012, 01:20 AM   #185
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Maybe it's just me but I'm not ready to close the book on Leonard Hankerson, Roy Helu Evan Royster, Trent Williams, Kory Lichtensteiger, Chris Chester, Jordan Bernstine, Richard Crawford, Perry Riley, Keenan Robinson, Jarvis Jenkins, Chase Minnifield, Kirk Cousins, Stephen Bowen, Adam Gettis, Josh LeRibeus, etc.
Besides trent and bowen though how many of those guys would u put money on the line to say the book wont be closed on? I get that they are young guys. I love hank bro. Love him. But - wins and losses. Show me wins shanny ( that doesnt mean multiple or even one superbowl). Im not a crazy all or bust fan that wants to hang myself everytime we dont get a first down. It is in a sound state of mind that i find myself coming to the conclusion against every ounce of hope i have in my soul that this regime is not what i thought it was. And that thought pisses me the hell off because i love the redskins second to only my family and friends. Notice i didnt even say the dear lord. I am that much of a fan. I always will be win or lose through sickness and health for better or for worse till death do we part. I am DOUBTFUL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2012, 01:22 AM   #186
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Besides trent and bowen though how many of those guys would u put money on the line to say the book wont be closed on? I get that they are young guys. I love hank bro. Love him. But - wins and losses. Show me wins shanny ( that doesnt mean multiple or even one superbowl). Im not a crazy all or bust fan that wants to hang myself everytime we dont get a first down. It is in a sound state of mind that i find myself coming to the conclusion against every ounce of hope i have in my soul that this regime is not what i thought it was. And that thought pisses me the hell off because i love the redskins second to only my family and friends. Notice i didnt even say the dear lord. I am that much of a fan. I always will be win or lose through sickness and health for better or for worse till death do we part. I am DOUBTFUL.

What are you asking me?
Old 10-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #187
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSkinsFan View Post
I disagree but for the sake of discussion. What would your plan be? Fire the gm, head coach, of, dc, st coach? Who are you replacing them with? What timeframe are you going to give them to win? Do they get one year? Two? Five? And then we just fire them and start over again if we haven't won the Super Bowl?

I get you hate the current staff. Changing them out pushes a reset button on the franchise that may or may not work out and that costs us years to determine it.

This isn't a zorn in over his head situation. I think we stay the course with our current staff. I get you disagree, just don want to read any more posts of people saying fire everyone without also giving some kind of plan on who they would replace them with. Otherwise it's just noise.
You're totally right I sound like an a$$hole pointing out the problem (that I really think everyone also knows, deep down) but not giving a solution. Thing is it's a pretty "general" solution. Hire the best GM available. We can talk all day about who that may be, and I'd even go so far to say Bruce Allen could be a consideration. But regardless, from that point on it's a simple "you're fired" all the way down the line with the possible exception of Morris...the only coach on the roster to coach a winning team so far this decade.

I'd take either coordinator from Cinci. I'd take either from San Fran. I'd even take Gregg Williams and Al Saunders back.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #188
RGIII

Give us the official studs and duds list Smoot'. With exact plays if you can. I gotta wake up in a few hours I'll re-watch the game tomorrow.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:28 AM   #189
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
What are you asking me?
How many of those other guys you mentioned besides tw and bowen are you confident will contribute to this team. The rest of my rant was just to say that im not doom and gloom. My doubt stems from cold hard wins and losses. Lol.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:29 AM   #190
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
So you sign Gaffney for one year and then what? Sign him again for another one year deal?
If you can't sign (in 2013) a guy worth spending $4 million or $5 million a year? Yeah probably, Gaffney again. The Patriots are doing this and going to the Superbowls. Moss could be Welker in the Pats system, and the rest of their guys are pedestrian like ours. Hell, we even have a better RB/running game than NE, we're already half way there!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:31 AM   #191
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
You're totally right I sound like an a$$hole pointing out the problem (that I really think everyone also knows, deep down) but not giving a solution. Thing is it's a pretty "general" solution. Hire the best GM available. We can talk all day about who that may be, and I'd even go so far to say Bruce Allen could be a consideration. But regardless, from that point on it's a simple "you're fired" all the way down the line with the possible exception of Morris...the only coach on the roster to coach a winning team so far this decade.

I'd take either coordinator from Cinci. I'd take either from San Fran. I'd even take Gregg Williams and Al Saunders back.
I hear you goat. I know what yor saying. You know that. You are doubtful like me because you are a fan and you want wins. Not 5-11 records and than to come on here and see how great shanny is doing. We are on the same page bro. But take back the al saunders comment now! Lol

Old 10-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #192
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I hear you goat. I know what yor saying. You know that. You are doubtful like me because you are a fan and you want wins. Not 5-11 records and than to come on here and see how great shanny is doing. We are on the same page bro. But take back the al saunders comment now! Lol

Saunders is a funny thought cuz like Shanny he hasn't won in years

Your idea to make Mike a RB scout: brilliant. LOL how awesome would it be to listen in on that conversation!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:37 AM   #193
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I just remember the huge playbook saunders had. He was like a mad scientist. Was it ramsey or jc at that time. I cant remember?

Old 10-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #194
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
How many of those other guys you mentioned besides tw and bowen are you confident will contribute to this team. The rest of my rant was just to say that im not doom and gloom. My doubt stems from cold hard wins and losses. Lol.

I think Lichtenstegier and Chester are already contributing. You see some of those holes Morris has been getting?

I think Riley is already contributing

I think Helu needs to stay healthy but we saw what he could do last year...ditto Royster

I think Hankerson has shown flashes but for various reasons has been a bit of a disappointment

I think it's way way way too early to pass any judgement on Cousins, Rib, Gettis, Compton, Robinson
Old 10-08-2012, 01:43 AM   #195
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Chester i should have excluded. I give morris a ton of credit. He gets holes but man he could cut diamonds with those moves. I believe helu was tagged as a bit of an injury prone / couldnt carry a full load guy when he came into the league though.

Closed Thread