Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins at Saints Post Game Thoughts

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Along with RG3, who gets your game ball?
Garcon 11 10.09%
Morris 41 37.61%
A. Robinson 13 11.93%
Gomes 23 21.10%
C. Griffin 12 11.01%
other 9 8.26%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #181
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Redskins at Saints Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Mike and mike. Nfl on sirius and mad dog radio all saying still that new orleans was a tuff first game due to all those reasons.
Unfortunately there's one idiot who disagrees, Colin Cowherd. He blamed it on the environment, whatever.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #182
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Unfortunately there's one idiot who disagrees, Colin Cowherd. He blamed it on the environment, whatever.
Cowherd is a POS. He loves him some cowboys though

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #183
44 goes 50 gut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtothearry View Post
The media is definitely giving Griffin his credit. However, what I find funny is how before the game the media was saying the skins were walking into a buzz saw. 1. Playing for Payton 2. The players being reinstated 3. Vindication for the penalties placed upon them by the NFL. 4. Etc., etc.

Today I'm hearing how the Saints are a different team and had to many distractions.

Not that it matters but I feel like the media is now trying to detract from what the Skins did yesterday.
Pet topic of mine. It is something you notice more and more as you get older, the Media is a never ending narrative that changes to suit their needs and fill their air time/pages/blogs.

Anyone remember when LaCanfora cited an anonymous source "close to the team" that John Beck was the starter and the competition between him and Rex was a sham? The source was Vinny Cerrato ON THE RADIO! Word for word match. Only Jason didn't bother to mention that it was something crazy eye Vinny said off the cuff over the air, he pretended it was an anonymous source because that sounds a lot better than Vinny talking out his a$$.

Brett Favre retirement was almost entirely a media creation, every couple months an ex team mate on a radio station would speculate that they "thought he would come back" and every time this would be reported as "sources close to favre say he's going to come back"...

Back when Peyton hadn't won a super bowl the media was already setting up a "can't win the big one, is he the next Dan Marino" narrative.

It's not that they speculate, it's that they PRE SPECULATE, like "okay if this happens THIS WILL BE THE STORY LINE"

This year we have the "tebow is going to be a distraction to Sanchez" pre-narrative.

It's everywhere, it's never ending it's nearly preditory (or vulture like) and it changes and morphs...

So no surprise what 24 hours ago were reasons that the Saints were going to trounce the Skins 24 hours later are now reasons why the Skins don't deserve credit.

The media wants to be seen as omnipotent or at least totally authoritative... So they change the narrative after the fact to fit the hindsight. They also do things like predicting incredible likely outcomes which end up overall being very bad predictions; such as picking all last years good teams to be good, and all last years bad teams to be bad, on an case by case basis they are likely to be correct, (the colts are going to be bad again! Well no s***) but overall they look like fools because the NFL is not so predictable... But of course they don't focus on what they get wrong.
44 goes 50 gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #184
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

Mike and Kyle Shanahan get my game ball. Mike for having the guts to stay committed to the youth movement. Starting RGIII and Alfred Morris. Trusting Cousins as second string quarterback. Kyle for sucking in his pride and catering the offense to RGIII talents. The video clip of Donovan McNabb must have hit home because Kyle did exactly what Donovan complained about, he adjusted the offense to RGIII talents. I swore I was watching the Baylor spread offense. I want to see how the offense progress as teams scheme against it. I live in St Louis, so I will be at the game Sunday with my family. I hope to be singing Hail to the Redskins as the Ram fans file out of the stadium.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #185
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

People only hear what they want to hear
Old 09-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #186
44 goes 50 gut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Cooley was never looked at in place of Paulsen, they co-existed last year nicely. Let's look at the drops by Davis, or the non-existent Niles Paul. Let me put it this way, if Grossman is gonna be inactive gameday, I'd rather have that be Cooley.
No kidding... it's already a season with minimal expectations, he wont be here next year and if both the active QB's get injured they could just pull him off the couch or out of the grocery store and resign him anyway.
44 goes 50 gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #187
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

I live in Saintsland. Saints folks are shocked this morning. The ones who know I am a Skins fan have all copped the attitude of, "But...but...you guys are supposed to suck! How could you whip us so badly?" Folks here are very impressed with us. HTTR bitches!
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #188
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Playing httr on sirius and giving major props. I havent smiled like this since 1991.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #189
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I like him for some reason. Hell come around.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #190
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
People only hear what they want to hear
That would explain the marching band in my head today.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #191
ashvirtually
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
It just something I love about seeing a big white boy like Paulsen drag defenders down field. I was like this is Redskins football right here.

No offense to big white boys
:headbange
ashvirtually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #192
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail_2_da_skins View Post
Mike and Kyle Shanahan get my game ball. Mike for having the guts to stay committed to the youth movement. Starting RGIII and Alfred Morris. Trusting Cousins as second string quarterback. Kyle for sucking in his pride and catering the offense to RGIII talents. The video clip of Donovan McNabb must have hit home because Kyle did exactly what Donovan complained about, he adjusted the offense to RGIII talents. I swore I was watching the Baylor spread offense. I want to see how the offense progress as teams scheme against it. I live in St Louis, so I will be at the game Sunday with my family. I hope to be singing Hail to the Redskins as the Ram fans file out of the stadium.
Yes. I was very impressed by how Kyle showed flexibility in integrating Baylor plays into the offense. Kyle did a great job yesterday.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #193
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

If Gomes continues his strong play over the next couple weeks, no way I want to see Merriweather back there.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #194
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Watched a little NFL AM this morning as I was making my lunch. It just happened that, when I turned it on, they were showing videos of RGIII's play and the voice over commentator was saying how well RGIII performed and how confident he looked.

The commentator was McNabb. I just laughed.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #195
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Anyone else notice how much that 88yd td pass football meant to Griffin. He looks poised, but after the game he was holding that ball the same way my son was holding the football he got signed by RG3. I hope he was able to share that type of joy with his loved ones after all the media left him.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote