Around the NFL Preseason week 3

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #181
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Re: Around the NFL Preseason week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
What's been kind of nuts is that we've all been crucifying Chad Johnson (and rightfully so) yet all the media can talk about is what kind of year Dez Bryant is going to have. Didn't the guy beat up his mom? Kind of crazy how everyone has forgotten that already.

He's had multiple behavioral problems, yet no suspension? Loooove how subjective that is with the commish.
NFL fans, like any large group of people, are disfunctional and illogical. Chad Johnson gets vilified (unfairly IMO). Yet at the same time, we have a guy who ACTUALLY trashed his own team, insulting his own coaches in an interview right before a playoff game, wouldn't be a team player in a gap control defense that's proven to work, went from "probowl" when we were bad to "less than average" when we were good because he wasn't #1 in the media anymore, and proved he was a ***hole off the field with how he treated his restaurant employees, and Redskins fans just voted him one of our 80 greatest players.

just doesn't go far enough, sometimes.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #182
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Jim ersay is blowing twitter up lmao. Colts must be in trade talks still
Old 08-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #183
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
NFL fans, like any large group of people, are disfunctional and illogical. Chad Johnson gets vilified (unfairly IMO). Yet at the same time, we have a guy who ACTUALLY trashed his own team, insulting his own coaches in an interview right before a playoff game, wouldn't be a team player in a gap control defense that's proven to work, went from "probowl" when we were bad to "less than average" when we were good because he wasn't #1 in the media anymore, and proved he was a ***hole off the field with how he treated his restaurant employees, and Redskins fans just voted him one of our 80 greatest players.

just doesn't go far enough, sometimes.
I didn't want to address that, but I'm on your side on that one.

Anyway, did anyone see any of the Dallas game? I woke up and checked the box score and saw that some guy I'd never heard of had over a hundred yards on 3 (?) catches?! Did they find yet another Laurent Robinson?
Old 08-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #184
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I didn't want to address that, but I'm on your side on that one.

Anyway, did anyone see any of the Dallas game? I woke up and checked the box score and saw that some guy I'd never heard of had over a hundred yards on 3 (?) catches?! Did they find yet another Laurent Robinson?
No it's because they played the bad rams both td catches were flukes go watch the tape you'll be in shock of how bad stl is lol
Old 08-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #185
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

T.O released
Old 08-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #186
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Colts trade for vontae davis give Miami a 2nd
Old 08-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #187
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
and a conditional 6th
Old 08-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #188
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
T.O released
They are making it sound as though they may re-sign him in the future after pre-season, something having to do with the financial impact of signing veterans is lessened after pre-season is over.

He may get another chance somewhere i would think. His personal issues not withstanding, I think giving up on him after only two preseason games was premature. He had been out of the NFL since 2010, and i think he needed a few more games to get going...
Old 08-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #189
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
and a conditional 6th
Good move imo.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #190
los panda
Pro Bowl

good move by the dolphins
Old 08-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #191
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
good move by the dolphins
For both teams, colts could really make some noise if they can keep the offense upright
Old 08-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #192
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
They are making it sound as though they may re-sign him in the future after pre-season, something having to do with the financial impact of signing veterans is lessened after pre-season is over.

He may get another chance somewhere i would think. His personal issues not withstanding, I think giving up on him after only two preseason games was premature. He had been out of the NFL since 2010, and i think he needed a few more games to get going...
Thats what the Cboys were discussing down here, talking about cutting Derick Dockery so they wont have to pay him the whole years salary, then picking him up after week one or something like that.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #193
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Dwayne Harris is a straight baller. I had the pleasure of watching this guy play for 4 years while here at ECU. Just because you haven't heard about him doesn't mean much. People had never heard of Chris Johnson until he blew up the NFL. The only reason Dwayne Harris didn't get drafted in the 1st round is due to his speed. He simply doesn't have top end speed that many of the NFL WRers have. He's a was a very good return man for us as well.

Quote:
Not sure why the Colts did this. Not like they are going to compete anytime soon.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #194
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Dwayne Harris is a straight baller. I had the pleasure of watching this guy play for 4 years while here at ECU. Just because you haven't heard about him doesn't mean much. People had never heard of Chris Johnson until he blew up the NFL. The only reason Dwayne Harris didn't get drafted in the 1st round is due to his speed. He simply doesn't have top end speed that many of the NFL WRers have. He's a was a very good return man for us as well.

Not sure why the Colts did this. Not like they are going to compete anytime soon.
Quick, name one of the starting CBs for the colts..............

exactly. Vontae is a very solid CB. I don't really think the Dolphins 'won' this trade, sure they have Sean Smith, but now in a division with Brady and the pass happy bills, I think its kinda dumb, then again the dolphins aren't going anywhere great for the next couple of years.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #195
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post

Why can't Indianapolis compete? They have a very good QB, solid targets and a decent defense. I could see them winning 6 or 7