Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who do you want to start at QB?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Who Do You Want Starting at QB Opening Day?
John Beck 123 73.65%
Rex Grossman 44 26.35%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #181
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny5dicky View Post
Grossman threw 7 touchdown passes in 3 games last season on a sort of bad Redskins team last season. That's on pace for over 30 touchdown passes a season, and I think he can keep that pace especially with having the familiar target of Gaffney to throw to. Gaffney is a very underrated receiver that does everything right, and sorry for all the Grossman praise but I have a gut feeling that the Redskins success will mold together with him under center.
I think this Grossman-Gaffney familiarity is just a teensy bit overblown.

Advertisements
Old 08-26-2011, 11:14 AM   #182
jonny5dicky

Redskins should have drafted both Grossman and Gaffney instead of that inaccurate loser Patrick Ramsey and Taylor Jacobs or whoever they got in 2003. Spurrier's offense would have been way better with Rex pulling the trigger.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:17 AM   #183
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Oh you'll hear from me, I've been a Rex supporter since he came in the league in 2003. And about Clinton Portis, Redskins fans shouldn't ever bash him because he was one of the only good parts of this offense for the past 6 years. It's a shame he couldn't have a quarterback like Rex Grossman taking the pressure off of him. I know what I'm talking about, I don't care what you think Matty, I know for a fact Rex Grossman will be a difference maker for the Washington Redskins in 2011.
Right back at ya.

You still haven't answered me, along with 4 picks and 4 fumbles that's not an acceptable amount of turnovers in 3 games. That doesn't concern you at all? He's always had a history of coughing it up. During his "magical" SB run he fumbled 8 times, losing 5 of them, along with 20 picks! C'mon man. Get off the Rex juice for a second and talk some reality.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #184
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

So your whole thing on this site then is just going to talk only about how awesome Rex is then?
Old 08-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #185
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Oh you'll hear from me, I've been a Rex supporter since he came in the league in 2003. And about Clinton Portis, Redskins fans shouldn't ever bash him because he was one of the only good parts of this offense for the past 6 years. It's a shame he couldn't have a quarterback like Rex Grossman taking the pressure off of him. I know what I'm talking about, I don't care what you think Matty, I know for a fact Rex Grossman will be a difference maker for the Washington Redskins in 2011.
Jesus, thats gotta be tough

He Gets Us
Old 08-26-2011, 11:24 AM   #186
jonny5dicky

I think one of those fumbles was in the Lions game, but still too many turnovers. Eli Manning threw 25 interceptions last season and he's still the quarterback of the Giants.
He had basically the same statistics as Rex did when the Giants won the super bowl. I can contribute more to the posts, but there is a real lack of any love for Rex being shown which is ridiculous. I guess only so many of us have a real eye for talent(me).
Old 08-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #187
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

By chance, I just ran up on a picture of jonny5dicky.

Who would of thought he was a Gators fan?
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 08-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #188
jonny5dicky

No it's more rough being a Redskins fan seeing all the stupid moves they've made until recently. Believe me.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #189
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I think one of those fumbles was in the Lions game, but still too many turnovers. Eli Manning threw 25 interceptions last season and he's still the quarterback of the Giants.
He had basically the same statistics as Rex did when the Giants won the super bowl. I can contribute more to the posts, but there is a real lack of any love for Rex being shown which is ridiculous. I guess only so many of us have a real eye for talent(me).
I think most would agree with me on this... I'll be supporting whoever is behind center 110%.

But your blind love for Rex is getting a little old, and frankly it's just creepy. Nice to see you at least acknowledge he turns it over too much. To me that's a big concern.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:34 AM   #190
jonny5dicky

I wanted the Redskins to get Rex in the draft and they didn't. Now he's finally here and I'm excited about what he's going to do, that's all it is. I'm a fan and it will make for an incredible story if he's able to lead this team to a divisional title. I believe in Rex and what he has to say. Unwavering confidence in the face of adversity-That's Rex Grossman baby! GUNSLINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:44 AM   #191
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I wanted the Redskins to get Rex in the draft and they didn't. Now he's finally here and I'm excited about what he's going to do, that's all it is. I'm a fan and it will make for an incredible story if he's able to lead this team to a divisional title. I believe in Rex and what he has to say. Unwavering confidence in the face of adversity-That's Rex Grossman baby! GUNSLINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What if Shanny goes with Beck?

He Gets Us
Old 08-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #192
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

John Beck is the greatest quarterback in NFL history. He has a better arm than Marino. He has better field vision than Fouts. He is more clutch than Montana. And he is a better field general than Peyton Manning. When he had a chance to start he took that offense to heights unknown by other quarterbacks. Mark my words, this year Beck will make Patriots fans sad that Brady is their QB.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 08-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #193
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
I'm a fan of Rex...but I can't compete with this

I don't think we even had a chance at Rex that year. Bears picked him before we had a pick if I remember right
Old 08-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #194
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
What if Shanny goes with Beck?
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 08-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #195
freddyg12
Playmaker

this thread has me crackin up! love the picture of the nat light gator fans! Love Chico's response in post 184

also think it's the first time I've seen anyone accused of being "creepy" on the warpath. This QB controversy, if we can call it that, is really bringing out the best in us!
Closed Thread