Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 5)

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #181
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Trust me that's not a problem for him
Good to here. I mean I'm just saying because he's ridiculously good at what he does. If he was an NHL insider the terms upper body injury and lower body injury would be pretty much out.

I was also wondering how he does such a good job gathering info and I think part of it is due to the fact that (at least from what I can tell on TV) is the fact that he's a likable guy. However if you worked for an NFL team and wanted to get some info on another teams plans then it might not hurt to trade info with a guy like Schefter. Anyway thats just my two cents. I mean as you said after the McNabb trade Smoot, reporters sit on a lot of info and rumors at any given moment.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Advertisements
Old 04-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #182
ChickenMonkey
Special Teams

(ROTO WORLD)According to beat writer Jim Wyatt, the Titans would be willing to give up a third-round pick to acquire Albert Haynesworth but not a first-rounder.

The Titans have 3rd#78 & 4th#112...Would this be enough to get Haynesworth???

I think if he paid back half of the recent bonus, we'd take this deal to get rid of the distraction......
Old 04-08-2010, 06:29 PM   #183
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenMonkey View Post
(ROTO WORLD)According to beat writer Jim Wyatt, the Titans would be willing to give up a third-round pick to acquire Albert Haynesworth but not a first-rounder.

The Titans have 3rd#78 & 4th#112...Would this be enough to get Haynesworth???

I think if he paid back half of the recent bonus, we'd take this deal to get rid of the distraction......
Not worth it. Honestly, most of this "distraction" is media created. Both Haynesworth and the coaching staff need to suck it up and work things out (if there is anything to work out).
R.I.P. #21
Old 04-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #184
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

we shouldn't trade Haynesworth, until we've seen him play at least the whole preseason to see how he does fit with us as a 3-4. Or unless we get a first round pick in the middle of the first or lower, then you trade him.

In other news looks like Darren Sharper could be a possibility for us.
Looking for possible Darren Sharper suitors | ProFootballTalk.com
Old 04-08-2010, 06:43 PM   #185
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
we shouldn't trade Haynesworth, until we've seen him play at least the whole preseason to see how he does fit with us as a 3-4. Or unless we get a first round pick in the middle of the first or lower, then you trade him.

In other news looks like Darren Sharper could be a possibility for us.
Looking for possible Darren Sharper suitors | ProFootballTalk.com
Well this seems to be more of an educated guess by Frank Tadych about where Sharper could land. Surprisingly, I haven't seen anything about the Redskins pursuing a safety...or it seems that this may not be much of a priority. I hope I'm wrong on this, because I would like to see Landry back at SS.

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Where will Sharper land? «
R.I.P. #21
Old 04-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #186
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenMonkey View Post

Tell Tennessee to add Chris Johnson to that offer and weve got a deal. Other wise, they can stick that offer up there ass.....

What a f------ insult, come with nothin less then a first rounder. The Raiders (yeah, they are the Raiders, but that doesnt matter) gave up a 1st rounder for Richard Seymore.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #187
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE View Post
Tell Tennessee to add Chris Johnson to that offer and weve got a deal. Other wise, they can stick that offer up there ass.....

What a f------ insult, come with nothin less then a first rounder. The Raiders (yeah, they are the Raiders, but that doesnt matter) gave up a 1st rounder for Richard Seymore.
Tennessee knows all too well what a headache Haynesworth is. There's a reason they let him walk. Why would they give up a 1st rounder to get him back?
Old 04-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #188
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Tennessee knows all too well what a headache Haynesworth is. There's a reason they let him walk. Why would they give up a 1st rounder to get him back?
They let him walk because he had a no-franchise tag clause in his contract if he made the Pro Bowl [and he wanted to be paid big, which they couldn't do or didn't want to do]. If they could have done so, they would have franchised him again.

NFL News Feed: No Franchise Tag For Haynesworth - Mark Maske

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #189
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:

They think they are dealing with Vinny. Shit even SD got a 3rd for Whitehurst, their offer is not even close, NO DEAL!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 04-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #190
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:

Tennessee didn't offer anything. The article involves a sports writer speculating what they might offer.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 04-08-2010, 07:22 PM   #191
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
They let him walk because he had a no-franchise tag clause in his contract if he made the Pro Bowl [and he wanted to be paid big, which they couldn't do or didn't want to do]. If they could have done so, they would have franchised him again.

NFL News Feed: No Franchise Tag For Haynesworth - Mark Maske
Exactly- they could have paid him, they just didn't want to. My point. They let him walk.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #192
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
I will repeat myself. NO ONE is giving us a first rounder for Godzilla. We have a better chance of getting a first rounder for Cooley and their is zero chance of that.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #193
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
They won't because they want something in the first round, but Tennessee needs him more then we do. They sucked last year defensively and they know it's because they let AH walk. Getting him back would give their D a major boost in getting back to their former status.

But... a 3rd is a slap in the face to us and AH. Basically they are saying he's no better then a 3rd round player. Sorry Tenn enjoy your sorry ass season. AH is if not the best definitly one of the best at his position. No need taking anything less then a 1st round. As far as AH I'd say either give back "all" the bonus or remain a Redskin.

So if AH wants out of his contract with us or traded then pay back the whole bonus, get Tenn to give us a 1st rounder (next yrs 1st would be satisfactory to me), and see ya later on the field. Maybe.

I hope AH gets offended with Tenn's 3rd round offer.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:17 PM   #194
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
I will repeat myself. NO ONE is giving us a first rounder for Godzilla. We have a better chance of getting a first rounder for Cooley and their is zero chance of that.
The only team bat-shit crazy enough to give us a 1st rounder for AH is Oakland, and they already did that for a D-lineman last year by shipping off a 1st rounder for Seymour.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:20 PM   #195
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Tennessee didn't offer anything. The article involves a sports writer speculating what they might offer.
Gottcha, but I still wouldn't settle for anything less then a 1st rounder either this yr or next.
Closed Thread