Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #181
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Re: Now What??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Dude, you're an idiot.
Thanks for your creative contribution and attack.

I'll at least clarify my post as opposed to personally attack you for yours.

You think Zorn is responsible for this???...You're sadly mistaken. Who hired a first time ever coach who has never even been a OC and brought him in to coach without allowing him to fill out his coaching ranks?

Who put Super Bowl expectations on QBs Coach from Seattle who has never even been a OC or called an NFL play before.

Sure as shit wasn't Zorn.

The whole last two years have been a GROSS MISMANAGEMENT of personnel and staff and beyond. Great talent and players like Portis and Moss are toiling away while their winning years are quickly passing by them. They can't wait two years to find out that their winning aspirations have been comprised by an inept front office.

Since you think otherwise I'll take you calling me an "idiot" as a compliment as only an idiot think that responsibility of this loss lies on Zorn.

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #182
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
The same way you blame dropped passes, fumbles, penalties and the offense being unable to run for 1 yard for a TD on Zorn.

Last week the word was Zorn ran the ball too much, should have passed more. This week he has Jason throw forty one times and he should have run more. Looks like the only way he wins is to bet he loses'. He did throw the fade once today to Kelly incomplete. I said earlier, this team does have some personnel issues.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:16 PM   #183
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Thanks for your creative contribution and attack.

I'll at least clarify my post as opposed to personally attack you for yours.

You think Zorn is responsible for this???...You're sadly mistaken. Who hired a first time ever coach who has never even been a OC and brought him in to coach without allowing him to fill out his coaching ranks?

Who put Super Bowl expectations on QBs Coach from Seattle who has never even been a OC or called an NFL play before.

Sure as shit wasn't Zorn.

The whole last two years have been a GROSS MISMANAGEMENT of personnel and staff and beyond. Great talent and players like Portis and Moss are toiling away while their winning years are quickly passing by them. They can't wait two years to find out that their winning aspirations have been comprised by an inept front office.

Since you think otherwise I'll take you calling me an "idiot" as a compliment as only an idiot think that responsibility of this loss lies on Zorn.
So how are you going to get Snyder to sell the team then? I do agree that Cerrato needs to go...but how are fans going to get the Snyder factor out of this equation? He owns the team and there's nothing you and I can change about that.

I just think that it is idiotic...ok let me be nicer...it is naive for anyone to dismiss the coach easily and put it all on the FO. We saw a terrible coach out there today and he needs to go, plain and simple. Maybe not right away, but he needs to go. He's a terrible playcaller and someone else needs to take over.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:16 PM   #184
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Warrior View Post
i agree and all QB have things they struggle with but it's hard to correct them when you don't have time to think i'm not sure most QB's could with this line
You may be correct but the HC has the duty of finding time for his QB. Somehow. Maybe even rolling the QB out more often or using shot gun more often or fixing the O-line issues.

Someone mentioned they were losing their one on one battles. Maybe it's the blocking scheme? I really don't know. If I knew I'm sure I would be getting paid to be a coach but I'm not. I'm sure some one will probably say..."then STFU". At this point I think we all are guessing as to what the problem is but one thing is for sure.....the team is not scoring and they can't seem to fix the problem. Who's fault is that?

I can tell you DS is not giving up the team. He's making money. He's most likely not to fire his little buddy Vinny. Those are almost guaranteed. So there is no sense in bringing thos up.

I think everything else is fair game.

What I saw;

1) the center couldn't hike the ball right several times.
2) JC having a hard time handling the ball.
3) run blocking sucked.
4) WR's not able to get open.
5) bad play calls.
6) bad calls by the refs.
7) Portis playing hurt.
8) Betts sucks
9) ? anyone else want to chime in?
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #185
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

well I thought JC ran the redzone plays effectively, and scored touchdowns i might add. (i am not talking about when Zorn was calling them, but when he was just running the whole offense)
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:20 PM   #186
pg86
No new threads for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
You may be correct but the HC has the duty of finding time for his QB. Somehow. Maybe even rolling the QB out more often or using shot gun more often or fixing the O-line issues.

Someone mentioned they were losing their one on one battles. Maybe it's the blocking scheme? I really don't know. If I knew I'm sure I would be getting paid to be a coach but I'm not. I'm sure some one will probably say..."then STFU". At this point I think we all are guessing as to what the problem is but one thing is for sure.....the team is not scoring and they can't seem to fix the problem. Who's fault is that?

I can tell you DS is not giving up the team. He's making money. He's most likely not to fire his little buddy Vinny. Those are almost guaranteed. So there is no sense in bringing thos up.

I think everything else is fair game.

What I saw;

1) the center couldn't hike the ball right several times.
2) JC having a hard time handling the ball.
3) run blocking sucked.
4) WR's not able to get open.
5) bad play calls.
6) bad calls by the refs.
7) Portis playing hurt.
8) Betts sucks
9) ? anyone else want to chime in?
Ill add my Two cents....Chris Cooley not in the mix, Jim Zorn calling like he's not ready to be a coach

of course hey with all this drama and stuff what are the odds they come out next week and Take Tampa bay to the woodshed
pg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:21 PM   #187
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I think I would react to this loss by seeing if Holmgren would come in as an advisor and release Blache(this may be kneejerk and I reserve the right to rescind this statement by Tuesday) as the sacrificial lamb from this debacle.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:21 PM   #188
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
So how are you going to get Snyder to sell the team then? I do agree that Cerrato needs to go...but how are fans going to get the Snyder factor out of this equation? He owns the team and there's nothing you and I can change about that.

I just think that it is idiotic...ok let me be nicer...it is naive for anyone to dismiss the coach easily and put it all on the FO. We saw a terrible coach out there today and he needs to go, plain and simple. Maybe not right away, but he needs to go. He's a terrible playcaller and someone else needs to take over.
Well if he goes, Snyder gets to pick a different coach. Lather, rinse, repeat.

It's more important that they find a way to make these current players work than getting a two week head start on a rebuilding project. And I think it starts with an entirely different approach on defense. Right now, the "prevent big plays" philosophy that Gregg Williams came up with to drag the defense out of the wilderness in 2007 is just giving up extra long drives and preventing the offense from getting any real work out there.

If we're going to be 6-10 this year, I'd like it to be because the offense tried and failed, not because they are stranded on the sideline the whole game.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #189
pg86
No new threads for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think I would react to this loss by seeing if Holmgren would come in as an advisor and release Blache(this may be kneejerk and I reserve the right to rescind this statement by Tuesday) as the sacrificial lamb from this debacle.
I see Holmgren being brought in and Zorn being fired but ill buy that prediction
Old 09-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #190
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Well someone has to get fired....I think Snyder would get hugely popular if he fired Cerrato, but we know that's not going to happen.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #191
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:

I don't care if you're nice or not...personally I could give a shit what you think about me. You do have to respect the policies of the board though.

Snyder doesn't have to fire himself to remove himself from the football moves.

He has to hire someone that would not let him even thnk of touching, influencing, altering ANY part of the team, personnel, or staff.

HIRE A GM!...for those at home who can't put two brain cells together and come to that conclusion...not you of course Ruhskins.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #192
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Jim Zorn has lost the confidence and respect from his players. Plain and simple. That reflects on the field, and the Redskins have played very uninspiring football for two weeks against the NFL's two worst teams. No matter how level headed of a fan you may pride yourself to be, deep down inside, you know when a head coach is losing his team mentally and emotionally, that head coach is finished.

I know the buck stops at the head coach, but let us also remember that the Lions drove 99 yards downfield and scored a TD against our so called top five defense. If you fire Zorn tomorrow, you might as well fire Blache as well. Keep them in, let them finish out the season, but expect big changes next year (yet again!)
Old 09-27-2009, 06:24 PM   #193
pg86
No new threads for you

Quote:
I don't care if you're nice or not...personally I could give a shit what you think about me. You do have to respect the policies of the board though.

He has to hire someone that would not let him even thnk of touching, influencing, altering ANY part of the team, personnel, or staff.

HIRE A GM!...for those at home who can't put two brain cells together and come to that conclusion...not you of course Ruhskins.
OK YOU TWO...Shake hands and stop insulting each other
Old 09-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #194
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

Wishful thinking.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-27-2009, 06:29 PM   #195
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I feel like I'm in such disbelief that I actually feel more numb than anything. I feel like I'm having one of those trippy "is this really happening" kinda moments. I don't know where to go from here. I'm so numb I'm probably gonna hit the hay soon so I can wake up feeling refreshed tomorrow.

Where is this team going? If I'm Snyder I don't want to make a knee jerk decision so I'd give Zorn until the bye week to turn this thing around. If he doesn't field a competent football team against our upcoming schedule (vs. Bucs, at Panthers, vs. Chiefs, vs. Eagles) then he has had his time and we need to move on. I think that's what Snyder would do in this situation. I'd rather him hire the football guy who's not in football right now (aka a Parcells situation) to evaluate the roster for the rest of the season but I don't think that will happen. Our upcoming schedule isn't that hard. Bucs/Panthers/Chiefs shouldn't be too hard (provided JZ takes a real hard look at himself and his staff/team), Eagles game will be tough but by then we should have a better idea of what direction we're going in.