Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-12-2020, 03:22 PM   #181
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

Name is William so have no idea

Advertisements
Old 02-12-2020, 04:36 PM   #182
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
What is the name Bucky short for? And why would he agreed to be called that? He should do a YouTube series just on that
William, not hard to find out. I guess William, Will, Bill, Bucky? Maybe his mom or dad gave him the nickname. Thats as far as I can be asked to speculate.

Listening to him he seems to have his head on straight and he's got a steady job doing this kind of analysis so must be doing something right.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:02 AM   #183
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

IMO a good pass rush makes average DB's better. If CY is there when we have the #2 pick take him it's a no brainer.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:39 AM   #184
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
IMO a good pass rush makes average DB's better. If CY is there when we have the #2 pick take him it's a no brainer.
The only 2 guys I'd be happy with if we did trade out of #2 are:

Okudah
Simmons

Both are big time play makers on the defensive side.

That is if we are also getting an additional #1 and taking OL with the later pick.
Old 02-13-2020, 09:55 AM   #185
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

So it was reported (and subsequently denied) that the Lions are trying to trade Stafford, which means they'd likely be targeting a QB in the 1st round.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...-more-valuable

This makes my dream scenario more likely - if the Lions really want Tua, they'd need to trade up to 2 to get him. And trading down to 3 makes a lot of sense for us, since we could still draft Young.

We get Young at 3 and pick up atleast the Lions 2nd round pick - and likely more. For all we know, the Dolphins may offer all 3 of their 1st round picks to move up to 2, which means if the Lions wanted to beat them, they'd need to throw in next years 1st too.

A lot is yet to happen, but thanks to Tua mania, everything is playing out perfectly for us to get more picks - and still get young.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:57 AM   #186
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
So it was reported (and subsequently denied) that the Lions are trying to trade Stafford, which means they'd likely be targeting a QB in the 1st round.

This makes my dream scenario more likely - if the Lions really want Tua, they'd need to trade up to 2 to get him. And trading down to 3 makes a lot of sense for us, since we could still draft Young.

We get Young at 3 and pick up atleast the Lions 2nd round pick - and likely more. For all we know, the Dolphins may offer all 3 of their 1st round picks to move up to 2, which means if the Lions wanted to beat them, they'd need to throw in next years 1st too.

A lot is yet to happen, but thanks to Tua mania, everything is playing out perfectly for us to get more picks - and still get young.

Lions would have 34M in dead cap they would owe... It's not happening, these are just headlines because there is nothing to talk about. I'd be shocked if the top 5 teams moved at all
Old 02-13-2020, 10:14 AM   #187
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:

If we were foolish enough to buy into this gambit, it would take the Lions about two seconds after the trade became official to draft Young.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 10:15 AM   #188
EdmundDorf
The Starter

All smoke and mirrors at this time of year... interestingly the one team with something to gain from spreading that rumour would be the Redskins trying to convince Miami to trade the farm for the second pick....
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 10:38 AM   #189
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

I rather not play with fire if RR and front office all see CY as cant miss, best prospect in the draft

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 10:44 AM   #190
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I rather not play with fire if RR and front office all see CY as cant miss, best prospect in the draft
I agree, which is why you only do the deal once you are on the clock, the bengals have already drafted Burrow, and you have assurances from the Lions that they are taking Tua; thereby having confidence you'd be able to get young at 3. The only risk in that scenario is that the Lions were lying and planning to take Young - which they would not do as once word got out, no one would ever trade with them again. Teams will publicly lie about their intentions all the time, but these front office people have to work with eachother year after year - there really is very minimal risk to this approach.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:21 AM   #191
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Lions would have 34M in dead cap they would owe... It's not happening, these are just headlines because there is nothing to talk about. I'd be shocked if the top 5 teams moved at all
Even if they trade Stafford before the draft they'd still 34M in dead cap?
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:27 AM   #192
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Yep

"If he’s with the Lions in 2020, he will count $21,300,000 against the Lions 2020 Cap.

If he’s not with the Lions, he will count $32,000,000 against the Lions 2020 Cap."

Andrew Brandt
Old 02-13-2020, 11:33 AM   #193
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I see this as more a gambit to get a team to trade with Detroit, and I definitely think either or both Detroit or the Giants will get some excellent trade offers from teams picking after the Dolphins, or possibly the Dolphins. One of those two spots will likely be traded (3 or 4 to teams picking 5,6 or 7). I doubt it will be a blockbuster trade, but one team will gain a few nice picks for a small drop in position.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:36 AM   #194
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Yep

"If he’s with the Lions in 2020, he will count $21,300,000 against the Lions 2020 Cap.

If he’s not with the Lions, he will count $32,000,000 against the Lions 2020 Cap."

Andrew Brandt
but ultimately that is a 10M cap hit for cutting/trading him. If they are picking up a rookie qb in his place they could afford that. Not saying they will/would, just that they could.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:45 AM   #195
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

It's possible Lions draft Tua and let him sit behind Staffford this year, fully heal and get acclimated to the NFL speed like Chiefs did with Mahomes...and maybe they trade him next season.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote