Trade deadline approaching...

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-31-2023, 03:35 PM   #1
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Trade deadline approaching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Can't see it happening, but it would be funny if they can't get him to sign a deal and he comes back here as an FA. 🤣
They are going to have to pay Ayuk, Hufanga and others.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 03:34 PM   #2
rocnrik
Playmaker

I’m betting Ron won’t last the season …
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 05:41 PM   #3
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I’m betting Ron won’t last the season …
I hope he does. Really no sense in parting ways right now. However, the following day after the last game of the season should be an announcement of a change in direction. I don't mean two weeks, a month, I mean first thing the next morning.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 06:30 PM   #4
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I hope he does. Really no sense in parting ways right now. However, the following day after the last game of the season should be an announcement of a change in direction. I don't mean two weeks, a month, I mean first thing the next morning.
Agreed. Honestly think if Ron lasts the year he's gonna do the dignified thing and retire - he's a lousy coach but he typically operates with respectability. He knows that would be better than the alternative. Besides, nobody's gonna be looking for a head coach with 3 winning seasons in 13 years.
Old 10-31-2023, 03:44 PM   #5
Ruhskins
Living Legend

@JPFinlayNBCS
Word is Washington is done. Strong work today (I still would trade Jacoby but that's me). Good moves for the future, but what about now? Toohill can play. JSW can play. Ugly truth but even w Young and Sweat this D is 31st in points allowed. Not much room to go down.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 03:44 PM   #6
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Shipped Chase Young's ass off too for a 3rd. God damn this FO struck gold today. No way we were getting anything in off-season for him.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 10-31-2023, 03:53 PM   #7
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Shipped Chase Young's ass off too for a 3rd. God damn this FO struck gold today. No way we were getting anything in off-season for him.
The fact that Sweat was the first one to garner interest and to be traded, should give people an idea of how much Young was being valued (or not valued) by other teams.

Good move financially for both of them: Sweat goes to a team that has cap room to pay him, since they obviously see him as a long term type of acquisition. Chase gets to shine on a loaded team and make good money in free agency.
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-31-2023, 03:53 PM   #8
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Just my two cents but a third for Chase is disappointing
Old 10-31-2023, 03:57 PM   #9
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I'm torn on the Young deal.

On one hand, he's never shown the ability to be a gamechanger. I felt like he was progressing well coming off that knee injury though and I was optimistic about his future. Maybe not 15-20 sacks optimistic but he is talented no doubt.

Time will tell if we got fleeced by the 49ers yet again, but if they can maximize his potential they will be 2-2 in fleecing us on trades. Only way we win the deal is if he stays injured or just becomes a solid yet unspectacular end for them.

On its' face trading him after trading Sweat looks dumb. We had enough room to sign at least one of them this offseason and trying to become the first team to win without quality edge rushers is a bad look. I think JSW and Toohill are solid (Toohill has potential) but until we see how they react to the increased playing time they are unknowns.
Old 10-31-2023, 04:07 PM   #10
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

On one hand, he's never shown the ability to be a gamechanger. I felt like he was progressing well coming off that knee injury though and I was optimistic about his future. Maybe not 15-20 sacks optimistic but he is talented no doubt.

Time will tell if we got fleeced by the 49ers yet again, but if they can maximize his potential they will be 2-2 in fleecing us on trades. Only way we win the deal is if he stays injured or just becomes a solid yet unspectacular end for them.

On its' face trading him after trading Sweat looks dumb. We had enough room to sign at least one of them this offseason and trying to become the first team to win without quality edge rushers is a bad look. I think JSW and Toohill are solid (Toohill has potential) but until we see how they react to the increased playing time they are unknowns.
If this coaching staff/front office would be staying around or if the defense was playing to its potential, the Chase trade would not make sense. But the defense is not playing well, and we all know there's going to be a total clean house at the end of the season (or sooner).
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-31-2023, 05:39 PM   #11
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Here is one quote from a fan that I happen to agree with:

Quote:
Chase was freelancing and honestly made the line worse by playing greedy and trying to pad his own numbers. It became very obvious the decline of the line started when he returned.
I still think our DC is a bigger issue than Chase freelancing, but it was obvious at times he was doing his own thing or not listening to coaching.
Old 10-31-2023, 10:31 PM   #12
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:

I guess my thoughts on it are I would prefer to get his productivity for the rest of the year and the third round pick when he walks away. A third round pick is hard to get excited about. Odds are that player we draft will play less than 3 seasons in the nfl. Hardly a rebuild piece
Old 11-01-2023, 11:11 AM   #13
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I guess my thoughts on it are I would prefer to get his productivity for the rest of the year and the third round pick when he walks away. A third round pick is hard to get excited about. Odds are that player we draft will play less than 3 seasons in the nfl. Hardly a rebuild piece
Also gotta factor in we got a 2024 3rd rounder - comp pick sure but 2024 pick nonetheless. If Chase walks in FA there would have to be conditions met - like not signing anybody to big FA contract plus it would be a 2025 3rd rounder if he picked up a big deal. With this we get an immediate pick which can help re-tool next year.
Old 10-31-2023, 04:17 PM   #14
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Should have shipped out JDR with them.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 04:22 PM   #15
HTTR
Impact Rookie

For all of us who said to tear this mf’er down, hallelujah! Harris means business.

I’m looking forward to watching Bears pile up the losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk