I Got All Sorts of Warpath Questions

Parking Lot

Old 02-02-2017, 01:24 PM   #181
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: I Got All Sorts of Warpath Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So it was April 2015 and in a matter of days my 2nd child was born, my mother passed away and I began a new job. All three required much of my attention. Most surprisingly all the work that was (still is involved) in dealing with my mother's estate.

So to be clear, it was my own personal life and responsibilities that led me to stop posting on here. It wasn't any thread or post (although there was a stretch when things had settled down a bit that I was on here but the posts were all paragraph-long back and forths between just two of you). I let Matty know in late 2015 that with everything going on I just couldn't really contribute to the Warpath anymore and offered to relinquish my moderator title. Matty was kind enough to leave me with a Moderator Emeritus title

As for the personal threats that one poster made against me. Yeah it sucked, but I stayed on long after that incident. I'm still around on the interwebs (in places I kind of need to be for work), still talking Skins and sharing info when I can. But unfortunately I just don't have the time I used to that would allow me to be a regular contributor here anymore.

Congratulations on your second child, and I hope your new job is going great! Sorry to hear about your mother.
Even a part time contributor would be great! Maybe like a Sunday evening Smootsmack question and answer / meet and greet thread. Keep you in one place so that you can maximize your time here.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-02-2017, 03:02 PM   #182
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Welcome home sir,you have been missed.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:23 PM   #183
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I give it about a 45% chance at the moment. Scot and Jay are on the same page. Think others may need a little more convincing
wow, just wow...Gotta be Bruce....I really hope its not our Owner.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:34 PM   #184
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I give it about a 45% chance at the moment. Scot and Jay are on the same page. Think others may need a little more convincing
LOL, sorry I got to ask,how about them Jets?
Old 02-02-2017, 08:07 PM   #185
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Welcome back SS, even if it is short-lived. Hope your family/real life are doing good.

Given the power structure that exists at Redskins Park, I have to assume Jay and Scot are sold and Bruce/Dan aren't. Those 4 are basically the decision-making council up there.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:04 PM   #186
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL, sorry I got to ask,how about them Jets?
They're almost all coaching the Skins now
Old 02-03-2017, 10:47 AM   #187
WillH
The Starter

Smoot, I hope you drop by more. I'm always on the lookout for your posts. It's not the same with out you here (I still love coming here of course).
Old 02-03-2017, 10:57 AM   #188
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
They're almost all coaching the Skins now
Good to see you again on the Warpath. I know life outside the Warpath intrudes from time to time, but I hope you won't be such a stranger here in the future.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:20 AM   #189
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
So it was April 2015 and in a matter of days my 2nd child was born, my mother passed away and I began a new job. All three required much of my attention. Most surprisingly all the work that was (still is involved) in dealing with my mother's estate.

So to be clear, it was my own personal life and responsibilities that led me to stop posting on here. It wasn't any thread or post (although there was a stretch when things had settled down a bit that I was on here but the posts were all paragraph-long back and forths between just two of you). I let Matty know in late 2015 that with everything going on I just couldn't really contribute to the Warpath anymore and offered to relinquish my moderator title. Matty was kind enough to leave me with a Moderator Emeritus title

As for the personal threats that one poster made against me. Yeah it sucked, but I stayed on long after that incident. I'm still around on the interwebs (in places I kind of need to be for work), still talking Skins and sharing info when I can. But unfortunately I just don't have the time I used to that would allow me to be a regular contributor here anymore.
SmootSmack, I'm glad you are back. After going back through the old threads and reading some of your old posts and hearing from the other members here, it feels as if I have "known" you as long as these guys have, and I have only been a member here for a short while. So, glad that this thread was able to get ya to come out and let everybody know you're doing well. I am sorry to hear about your mother's passing, but happy to hear about your new addition to the family.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:13 PM   #190
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
SmootSmack, I'm glad you are back. After going back through the old threads and reading some of your old posts and hearing from the other members here, it feels as if I have "known" you as long as these guys have, and I have only been a member here for a short while. So, glad that this thread was able to get ya to come out and let everybody know you're doing well. I am sorry to hear about your mother's passing, but happy to hear about your new addition to the family.
Thanks. And welcome
Old 02-08-2017, 09:00 AM   #191
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

I personally would rather Tafkas make a come back. Smootsmack always rubbed me the wrong way.

Good seeing some old faces (usernames?) in this thread. I'm more of a lurker these days, but miss the old days of defending Vinny Cerrato (I'm an idiot), standing up for Taylor Jacobs (take my toe?), and of course lobbying to sign Albert Haynesworth. We all make mistakes, mine are just worse than everybody else's.

Looking forward to reengaging a bit, as I miss the elevated debate. Ah what I would give for another Gtripp - Schneed bloodbath.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:52 AM   #192
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Thanks. And welcome
Good to see you around, brother!
Old 02-08-2017, 04:06 PM   #193
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Good to see you around, brother!
Yup. If this is it for a while, take care SS. I wish you and yours many good fortune.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:13 PM   #194
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
I personally would rather Tafkas make a come back. Smootsmack always rubbed me the wrong way.

Good seeing some old faces (usernames?) in this thread. I'm more of a lurker these days, but miss the old days of defending Vinny Cerrato (I'm an idiot), standing up for Taylor Jacobs (take my toe?), and of course lobbying to sign Albert Haynesworth. We all make mistakes, mine are just worse than everybody else's.

Looking forward to reengaging a bit, as I miss the elevated debate. Ah what I would give for another Gtripp - Schneed bloodbath.
That's a bad track record. Welcome back anyways, I'm sure if you stick around long enough someone new will show up to entertain us. It never fails.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:34 AM   #195
metalskins
The Starter

RobH4413:

You defended Vinny Cerrato??? LMAO!!!Are you his brother?