Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #181
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Re: Skins cowboys postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
CrustyRedskin: "I wish I could carry your smile in my heart...for times when my life feels so low."

Mike Shanahan: "Ooooooookay."
Lol I've found my role here on the WP, life coach, counselor, and alcohol advisor. All free of charge.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.

Advertisements
Old 10-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #182
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
We would probably be like 1-4, wait a minute...
Well obviously Reed isn't a gamechanger and our problems are way, way bigger than the TE role, but Reed has the potential to be which is more than we can say from our other tight ends. Or any receivers really, minus Garcon and Hank (sometimes)

Although I think Paulsen could be too. If he was given more opportunities. ...And he held onto the ball.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #183
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
The problem is simple, and that is that us fans, like a woman suffering from battered wife syndrome, keeps taking the abuse, expecting our loyalty to pay off somewhere down the road. We keep giving these mediocre slobs more and more of our hard earned $$$$$$$ for nothing. This team has been mediocre from 1993 on, with a handful of visits to the playoffs, but we usually were only the best out of a bunch of mediocre teams that make up the NFC East that particular season. The best team we have fielded from 1993-2013 was Norv's next to last season in 1999 when we lost to the Buccaneers in that 13-7 debacle, while we set a ton of seasonal offense records. Post Marty, Snyder has totally relied on hype to keep the seats filled. The hype was fueled with the coaching carousel and some shiny new sexy FA acquisitions and an occasional draft stud(Bailey, Smoot, JC, and of course now RGIII). We lost Champ and Smoot. JC was overhyped from the get go, and RG III was over the top overhyped. We are yet facing another coaching change where most of us idiots will probably go gaga over the new guy, even when our roster is woefully insufficient to win a SB. We will yet again have visions of Lombardis dancing in our heads, etc, etc, ad naseum. Sorry if I am being overly cynical, but this vicious cycle has been going on since Norv got dumped just past the midway point during the 2000 season. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice well..... you get the picture. Three weeks ago I got blasted for a series of "Dumb" posts about me railing on how the hip hop culture has permeated the NFL, but it really is corporate culture in reality. There is absolutely no need for some of these franchises to win the SB or even make the playoffs. Snyder is going to make his $$$$$$$$ regardless, the players are going to make their $$$$$$$ regardless if they even make the playoffs as well. These guys in the FO and on the field really have no incentive to win, as long as they have the butts in the seats and enough chumps are buying jerseys, caps, etc. RG III was set for life even before he took snap 1 for the Skins with all of those endorsements he had that summer. And think of it, if we indeed do get a new HC he might decide to give Cousins the nod and all that $ that went to RG III was a big waste. Moral of the story for us abused fans is "don't believe the hype!"
Maybe true but how is it specific to the Redskins?
Old 10-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #184
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Well obviously Reed isn't a gamechanger and our problems are way, way bigger than the TE role, but Reed has the potential to be which is more than we can say from our other tight ends. Or any receivers really, minus Garcon and Hank (sometimes)

Although I think Paulsen could be too. If he was given more opportunities. ...And he held onto the ball.
I was just being funny. I absolutely think Reed is a stud in the making, and you are rite - the tight end position is definitely not a question mark anymore.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #185
Bishop Hammer
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Maybe true but how is it specific to the Redskins?
he's already in me
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

Stone Roses
"I wanna be adored"
Old 10-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #186
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
The problem is simple, and that is that us fans, like a woman suffering from battered wife syndrome, keeps taking the abuse, expecting our loyalty to pay off somewhere down the road. We keep giving these mediocre slobs more and more of our hard earned $$$$$$$ for nothing. This team has been mediocre from 1993 on, with a handful of visits to the playoffs, but we usually were only the best out of a bunch of mediocre teams that make up the NFC East that particular season. The best team we have fielded from 1993-2013 was Norv's next to last season in 1999 when we lost to the Buccaneers in that 13-7 debacle, while we set a ton of seasonal offense records. Post Marty, Snyder has totally relied on hype to keep the seats filled. The hype was fueled with the coaching carousel and some shiny new sexy FA acquisitions and an occasional draft stud(Bailey, Smoot, JC, and of course now RGIII). We lost Champ and Smoot. JC was overhyped from the get go, and RG III was over the top overhyped. We are yet facing another coaching change where most of us idiots will probably go gaga over the new guy, even when our roster is woefully insufficient to win a SB. We will yet again have visions of Lombardis dancing in our heads, etc, etc, ad naseum. Sorry if I am being overly cynical, but this vicious cycle has been going on since Norv got dumped just past the midway point during the 2000 season. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice well..... you get the picture. Three weeks ago I got blasted for a series of "Dumb" posts about me railing on how the hip hop culture has permeated the NFL, but it really is corporate culture in reality. There is absolutely no need for some of these franchises to win the SB or even make the playoffs. Snyder is going to make his $$$$$$$$ regardless, the players are going to make their $$$$$$$ regardless if they even make the playoffs as well. These guys in the FO and on the field really have no incentive to win, as long as they have the butts in the seats and enough chumps are buying jerseys, caps, etc. RG III was set for life even before he took snap 1 for the Skins with all of those endorsements he had that summer. And think of it, if we indeed do get a new HC he might decide to give Cousins the nod and all that $ that went to RG III was a big waste. Moral of the story for us abused fans is "don't believe the hype!"

Wow. Ummmm what? Snyder just wants to make money, he doesn't care about winning. Fans are dumb for supporting the team and rg3 set before he threw his first pass....so I guess that means he doesn't care? And cousins might start so rg3 sux because of a new regime? Ok

He Gets Us
Old 10-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #187
Bucket
Playmaker

I still wish we had a quick scat wr like denver, NE, and now dallas has. Moss is solid but he doesnt have the quick seperation ability that some of those guys have.

Mayne we should of kept Williams..
Old 10-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #188
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Wow. Ummmm what? Snyder just wants to make money, he doesn't care about winning. Fans are dumb for supporting the team and rg3 set before he threw his first pass....so I guess that means he doesn't care? And cousins might start so rg3 sux because of a new regime? Ok
Dude it's the hip hop culture.

Duh.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:45 PM   #189
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I still wish we had a quick scat wr like denver, NE, and now dallas has. Moss is solid but he doesnt have the quick seperation ability that some of those guys have.

Mayne we should of kept Williams..
He's still on our practice squad.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #190
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
And the minute Danny puts the gas in Redskin One 2 seconds after free agency starts, you and the rest of the fans will be back on board. He gets you every time. ...lol.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #191
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
And the minute Danny puts the gas in Redskin One 2 seconds after free agency starts, you and the rest of the fans will be back on board. He gets you every time. ...lol.
So true, he's already gotten all the people trashing Gus's remark..
Old 10-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #192
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
So true, he's already gotten all the people trashing Gus's remark..

He Gets Us
Old 10-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #193
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Unreal isn't it?

Crazy sells pretty well when we lose I guess.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #194
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Unreal isn't it?

Crazy sells pretty well when we lose I guess.
Or losing brings out the hard truth.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #195
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Or losing brings out the hard truth.
I'll go with crazy.

It's easy to see the difference.