Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

How Many Games Should We Test Haskins?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-04-2020, 09:16 AM   #181
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: How Many Games Should We Test Haskins?

NFL.com running a story that Haskins is on a short leash and Skins want to take advantage of their next five games after the Ravens.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-04-2020, 10:25 AM   #182
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
NFL.com running a story that Haskins is on a short leash and Skins want to take advantage of their next five games after the Ravens.
The link below:

https://www.nfl.com/news/washington-...es-to-struggle

Again, fans are crazy if Rivera gives him the whole season playing as he has. Don't expect to see Allen today, but this article implies it's a possibility. Haskins better get going.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 10:25 AM   #183
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah they just talked about it on Fox also
Old 10-04-2020, 10:49 AM   #184
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
The link below:

https://www.nfl.com/news/washington-...es-to-struggle

Again, fans are crazy if Rivera gives him the whole season playing as he has. Don't expect to see Allen today, but this article implies it's a possibility. Haskins better get going.
Why not? If the first half is a disaster for Haskins, it might make sense to get Allen snaps in a real game prior to starting him next week.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:37 AM   #185
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Why not? If the first half is a disaster for Haskins, it might make sense to get Allen snaps in a real game prior to starting him next week.
I'm not suggesting I'm opposed to the idea but would be surprised if it happens. Think Haskins will get the whole game.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:51 AM   #186
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Like Cooley said, Ron watched the tape after the browns game and saw how well the defense play and thought the same thing many did, Skins should have won that game. And then he witnessed how bad the cowboys, Eagles and giants played last week.

He senses an opportunity...

I think Kyle Allen has been put “on call”

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:36 PM   #187
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Like Cooley said, Ron watched the tape after the browns game and saw how well the defense play and thought the same thing many did, Skins should have won that game. And then he witnessed how bad the cowboys, Eagles and giants played last week.

He senses an opportunity...

I think Kyle Allen has been put “on call”
In the Browns game Haskins spotted the Browns 20 points. Tough to win when you are in that hole. I do think Haskins needs to be given more time and reps to show progress but football is a "window is now" league. Weak division chance for playoff exposure? Hard to argue with that.
Old 10-04-2020, 12:46 PM   #188
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
In the Browns game Haskins spotted the Browns 20 points. Tough to win when you are in that hole. I do think Haskins needs to be given more time and reps to show progress but football is a "window is now" league. Weak division chance for playoff exposure? Hard to argue with that.
It’s hard to ignore for sure when it comes to the status of division

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:51 PM   #189
skinsfan69
Living Legend

haskins sucks so bad that ron has just about seen enough.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:06 PM   #190
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
haskins sucks so bad that ron has just about seen enough.
He is playing so poorly right now even Vinny Ceratto is not impressed
Old 10-04-2020, 03:19 PM   #191
Warthog
The Starter

How Many Games Should We Test Haskins?

What’s surprised me is how our defense is getting pushed around - every game.

Also, the offensive play-calling could be better. The play calling often see’s the offense at Third and long early in the game. With our OL this puts Haskins in a tough spot.

Haskins only has a #2 TE with Logan Thomas. No one else has showed up at #1 TE. This is what happens when you spend no big FA, nor good draft picks for TE. WR - there is nothing at WR except for McLaurin. Steve Sims, Jr is totally invisible. Time to try someone else. Cam Sims is trying to move up. The teams WR # 2 has been Gibson at RB. Good but not optimum for Haskins.

I think that the team will draft another QB next year with their first pick. Then they will have to to spend draft picks on the OL. The OL is weak and has little depth. Gibson is really good.

This team is two years from being competitive. I think Rivera wanted to save his cap money until he evaluated what he has. Unfortunately, by being quiet in FA, there is barely enough talent to see what this team is about. I also don’t like RR idea of just finishing the game quickly, versus working the two minute drill. Running the last minute two minute drill would help Haskins development, as well as evaluating him further. I honestly wonder if RR would do this if he wasn’t in chemo. I think that is part of it.

Haskins may become a decent QB, and in the fourth qtr he spread the ball around well. But I doubt it will be with this team. I see some good things with him, even in a blowout with the Ravens. He’s essentially in his rookie season. Cam Sims is trying to move Steve Sims out of his position. Inman is ok, but not super impressive. McLaurin is going to be GREAT!

I think they’ll play Haskins for at least another 5-7 games, if he continues to play well. If he has another 3 INT game then Allen will come in. In the current NFL, not being a scrambler is a BIG HANDICAP. He still could be more accurate. He can’t take 18 yard sacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 10-04-2020 at 04:19 PM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 04:41 PM   #192
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Haskins sucks. The only reason he is playing is so we can replace him with Trevor. Lol.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 04:46 PM   #193
davy
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
What’s surprised me is how our defense is getting pushed around - every game.

Also, the offensive play-calling could be better. The play calling often see’s the offense at Third and long early in the game. With our OL this puts Haskins in a tough spot.

Haskins only has a #2 TE with Logan Thomas. No one else has showed up at #1 TE. This is what happens when you spend no big FA, nor good draft picks for TE. WR - there is nothing at WR except for McLaurin. Steve Sims, Jr is totally invisible. Time to try someone else. Cam Sims is trying to move up. The teams WR # 2 has been Gibson at RB. Good but not optimum for Haskins.

I think that the team will draft another QB next year with their first pick. Then they will have to to spend draft picks on the OL. The OL is weak and has little depth. Gibson is really good.

This team is two years from being competitive. I think Rivera wanted to save his cap money until he evaluated what he has. Unfortunately, by being quiet in FA, there is barely enough talent to see what this team is about. I also don’t like RR idea of just finishing the game quickly, versus working the two minute drill. Running the last minute two minute drill would help Haskins development, as well as evaluating him further. I honestly wonder if RR would do this if he wasn’t in chemo. I think that is part of it.

Haskins may become a decent QB, and in the fourth qtr he spread the ball around well. But I doubt it will be with this team. I see some good things with him, even in a blowout with the Ravens. He’s essentially in his rookie season. Cam Sims is trying to move Steve Sims out of his position. Inman is ok, but not super impressive. McLaurin is going to be GREAT!

I think they’ll play Haskins for at least another 5-7 games, if he continues to play well. If he has another 3 INT game then Allen will come in. In the current NFL, not being a scrambler is a BIG HANDICAP. He still could be more accurate. He can’t take 18 yard sacks.

I think he can be forgiven for not having an impact on the game.

He didn't play!
Old 10-04-2020, 05:17 PM   #194
Warthog
The Starter

Lol. He may have played in the first three games but Steve Sims has been pretty invisible despite playing opposite McLaurin.
I think Cam Sims had more impact this game than the other games where Steve played. But I don’t think either guy is the answer. Nor Inman - who is a NFL journeyman. Ultimately, unless Cam Sims lights his azz on fire this season, the acquisition of a real #2 WR will have to wait until next season. Same with a real TE - Logan Thomas is below average despite having few other targets for Haskins to throw to.

I don’t agree that Haskins was terrible this game- he did have over 300 yds, and more importantly he had no INT. His biggest bonehead move was allowing an 18 yard sack and then throwing 9 yds SHORT of the end zone on a 4th down play.

I still don’t see Haskins being the Redskins starter next year. The WFT will draft the best QB available and then have a QB competition in the PS, assuming there is one. When you see some of the new QB rookies doing well, it’s hard to watch Haskin’s baby steps toward being a real starter and Uber-threat QB that he should have been as a #15 pick. I’m just really surprised that Haskins was not rated as a second or even third round pick in 2019. He’s clearly a PROJECT QB, who probably won’t hit his stride until next year or even the next, with more targets and a better line. The trouble for Haskins is that Rivera is not going to risk his second chance as a HC, by waiting for another year or two to see if Haskin’s “get’s it”. That’s what happened with Redskin’s QB, Jason Campbell, who would have flashes of very good play, but mostly mediocrity. He lasted far longer than he should have. You get maybe 2 years to show the NFL what you have now.

Speaking of past QB’s who never made it, it was nice to see RGIII throw a wobbler pass to Kendall Fuller for an INT. Divine justice, so to speak. Second INT for Fuller.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 05:22 PM   #195
skinsfan69
Living Legend

the entire game was screens, short crossing routes and screens. we have zero offense over 10 yards unless someone breaks a tackle.

i would put in allen simply because we already know dh is not the future. he is not going to be the starter here next year. he may be out of the league next year.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote