Debating with the enemy

Old 11-08-2017, 06:15 PM   #181
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Lol just wow. Giantone you are awesome.
This should be an interesting argument. Where is the line of "this economy is Obama's fault" and "this improved economy is because of Trump" and how did you reach that conclusion?

Advertisements
Old 11-08-2017, 06:30 PM   #182
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Lol just wow. Giantone you are awesome.
Okay , you think I'm incorrect ,prove me wrong.What polocies is it that trump has put into place to create such a strong economy or at least make it better than Obama's.What is it that trump has done exactly?
Old 11-08-2017, 06:55 PM   #183
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
This should be an interesting argument. Where is the line of "this economy is Obama's fault" and "this improved economy is because of Trump" and how did you reach that conclusion?
It’s well documented that the entire recovery strategy was mostly that of the Fed. The stimulus bill that was in the works before obama and easily passed with with bipartisan support. Bailouts, healthcare, low interest rates, etc...we can pick but not worth it.

The “great” recovery was the slowest and maybe the worst all time. Somethings were simply out of the locus of control of policy makers, such as an aging population, ie workforce.

As an entirety, the economy recovery really depended on where you were. Here in Virginia...we didn’t feel the brunt because of our leverage of a lot of federal jobs, military, next to the swamp-paid by taxpayers-shithole fake DC economy, leveraged against a beautiful tax policy for both individuals and businesses(thank gop legislators here in va for that).

So sure obama did an ok job, but business leaders across the country agree that the growth was slow, choked, wage growth was a negative (that’s your wealth distribution from the middle class to the poor, ie obama welfare), over regulation, poor trade deals, jobs leaving for overseas, combine with a foreign policy which was absolute shit left a lot of People from the American blue collar worker to the American ceo without a lot of optimism. That’s why trump got elected.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:05 PM   #184
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
It’s well documented that the entire recovery strategy was mostly that of the Fed. The stimulus bill that was in the works before obama and easily passed with with bipartisan support. Bailouts, healthcare, low interest rates, etc...we can pick but not worth it.

The “great” recovery was the slowest and maybe the worst all time. Somethings were simply out of the locus of control of policy makers, such as an aging population, ie workforce.

As an entirety, the economy recovery really depended on where you were. Here in Virginia...we didn’t feel the brunt because of our leverage of a lot of federal jobs, military, next to the swamp-paid by taxpayers-shithole fake DC economy, leveraged against a beautiful tax policy for both individuals and businesses(thank gop legislators here in va for that).

So sure obama did an ok job, but business leaders across the country agree that the growth was slow, choked, wage growth was a negative (that’s your wealth distribution from the middle class to the poor, ie obama welfare), over regulation, poor trade deals, jobs leaving for overseas, combine with a foreign policy which was absolute shit left a lot of People from the American blue collar worker to the American ceo without a lot of optimism. That’s why trump got elected.
So you have said what Obama did,like or not ,what has trump done exactly?

Oh and that is not why trump got elected.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:48 PM   #185
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
All of this. Would it make sense to start a “what has trump tangibly done?” Thread?

Like I just want the facts. I’m gleaning some stuff from unbiased sources and he hasn’t done shit that’s beyond self fellatating or being a fat fuck who acts like he’s tough but had the thinnest skin of anyone of all time.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:27 PM   #186
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I can tell you what he's done, according to some guy who has a Secret Service agent giving him inside info. Trump apparently likes his steaks well done with ketchup lolol.

Now before you snowflakes get upset about me cracking a joke about what Trump likes to eat, recognize at best it's a joke, at worst it's irrelevant to this discussion. In the words of some white guy, chillax.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:45 AM   #187
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I said earlier, a lot of what Trump has done is in the realm of "think positive talk" to the stock market and companies. Very much in line with a supply side economic model, he has, through the bully pulpit of the Presidency, made corporations believe that they would be keeping more of their profits through lower taxes, and they would have to deal with a less burdensome regulatory environment. All of which has spurred the up tick in growth and market conditions we are seeing.

I will add that if the Republican congress doesn't come through with bills that enact Trump's statements you could see rapid drop in both the stock market and the economy as a whole.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:01 AM   #188
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So you have said what Obama did,like or not ,what has trump done exactly?

Oh and that is not why trump got elected.
Oh you wrong, that is exactly why voters chose him.

Trump has certainly energized the economy...CEO/Boards optimism shot thru the roof about many things: de-reg, loosen restricted compliance and govt interference, low tax environment, financials loosen cash/lending more, etc...

This drives major decisions, everything from hiring, expansion, risk environment mitigation, instead of hoarding cash...companies reinvest and drives loan portfolios, simply more cash up and down, etc.

I told you before I know someone in who said in my area, 3 major construction project green lit after trump elected. Hadnt seen that in years...maybe 1 a year.

OHHHH and the liberals who whined about "brexit" which you don't know why, you were just told to whine like bitches because the media said so....Brexit effect hasn't been bad at all. You got lied too...European economy hasn't sunk or shrunk.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:12 PM   #189
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Oh you wrong, that is exactly why voters chose him.

Trump has certainly energized the economy...CEO/Boards optimism shot thru the roof about many things: de-reg, loosen restricted compliance and govt interference, low tax environment, financials loosen cash/lending more, etc...

This drives major decisions, everything from hiring, expansion, risk environment mitigation, instead of hoarding cash...companies reinvest and drives loan portfolios, simply more cash up and down, etc.

I told you before I know someone in who said in my area, 3 major construction project green lit after trump elected. Hadnt seen that in years...maybe 1 a year.

OHHHH and the liberals who whined about "brexit" which you don't know why, you were just told to whine like bitches because the media said so....Brexit effect hasn't been bad at all. You got lied too...European economy hasn't sunk or shrunk.
Brexit hasn't even gone into effect yet, and won't for at least another year. So yeah...

Also, as for your economy statement, I am absolutely not sitting here saying Trump hasn't improved the economy.

All I'm saying is every other sin is forgiveable to you/his fanbase as long as the economy improves.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:48 PM   #190
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Brexit hasn't even gone into effect yet, and won't for at least another year. So yeah...

Also, as for your economy statement, I am absolutely not sitting here saying Trump hasn't improved the economy.

All I'm saying is every other sin is forgiveable to you/his fanbase as long as the economy improves.
I certainly am a Trump supporter, and I guess I would have to say yes - so far.

I haven't seen anything at all that rises to the amount of hysterical coverage he has received. Admittedly, I tend to ignore his grandiose hyperbole, and try to look at the point he is making, so when he says it's the greatest blahdeblah ever, I ignore that statement nearly every time. And I support the basics of his agenda, even (maybe especially) the ones that the liberal progressive group decry as ending the world as we know it.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:29 PM   #191
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Just curious, how do you feel about the wall? He’s had a lot of hair-brained shit he’s talked about but that one baffles me.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:32 PM   #192
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Also, thank you for your opinion. It feels like no one admits they voted for him. I still detest him as a human being.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:46 PM   #193
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Chico , Brexit???

Lets look at trump s hiring.............

Donald Trump: Boeing Factory Announced Layoffs

Final round of layoffs planned at Carrier plant Trump promised to save - Story | WTXF

Wall Street.
https://www.npr.org/2017/07/20/53835...-a-trump-rally
From July

"But there are other forces driving the stock rally "that are not attributable to Trump, at all," Siegel says. One is faster global growth. That, combined with a recent decline in the value of the dollar, has sparked more demand for U.S. goods abroad, helping boost U.S. company profits.

"Almost 40 percent of the profits of S&P 500 companies come from abroad," Siegel says. So, a stronger global economy is boosting U.S. stock prices.

U.S. growth is still sluggish — a 1.4 percent rate in the first quarter — and far below the Trump administration's goal of 3 percent.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:50 PM   #194
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Also, thank you for your opinion. It feels like no one admits they voted for him. I still detest him as a human being.
Am a registered republican but I know him from NY and more from Atlantic City, he is the type of person that after he leaves a room people check their pockets to make sure they weren't robbed and then they want to take a shower.He really is that big a scum bag.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:04 PM   #195
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Just curious, how do you feel about the wall? He’s had a lot of hair-brained shit he’s talked about but that one baffles me.
I have no problem with the wall. First, I tend to think that people who oppose it fall in two categories
  • One group wants to see it in the most simplistic form and then criticize from that. What I mean by that is a concrete slab that extends from one side to another with another with no camera's, electronic barrier detection, or other techniques that would enhance the ability of the border patrol. They frame it as a 10 foot concrete slab, period.
  • The other group tends to frame it as somehow equivalent to the Soviet wall.

The Soviet wall comparison is basically nutty, their wall was designed to keep people in, and guarded with shoot to kill instructions. The Great American Wall (lol my term) would be more the modern day descendant from the Great Wall of China, or in European terms, the walls of the great cities of medieval times.

As for the first group, I would say that a simplistic concrete slab would be a fool's errand. But, an effective wall - and the US has plenty of companies who know how to build effective walls - would incorporate anti-tunneling designs, along with incorporated cameras and encroachment detection systems and have a somewhat pleasing appearance.

I think of it like this, If I lived in a neighborhood, where I constantly have to worry about my property line being accidentally encroached, I would build a simple fence and trust that would keep the neighbors off. If I live in a neighborhood where it's a little rougher, but has a good police presence, maybe I use some stronger material, or put cameras up at the corners. But IF I lived in a neighborhood where the police are overwhelmed, and I know they won't respond in a timely manner, and I consider my family's welfare at risk, I will build the strongest fence possible, and have a good old German Shepherd out and hungry.

Our southern border certainly falls somewhere between the middle to bad end of the spectrum, and if you buid the wall right, it would both be a source of United States accomplishment, and of protection for our country.

I can't imagine any other country ridiculing it's elected leader about attempting to secure the nation's borders, ESPECIALLY when that was a primary part of the elected candidate's platform, and was clearly a part of the election victory.