Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

Parking Lot

Old 11-20-2015, 11:42 AM   #181
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

Good for you PII!

Advertisements
Old 11-20-2015, 11:49 AM   #182
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

Thanks M!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 11:40 AM   #183
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

My 11 year old black lab, Cassidy, had an episode Wednesday which vet thinks is vestibular disease…it’s stroke like symptoms. She beaten epileptic, gran mal seizures with daily medicine.

It’s been a brutal 48 hours, don’t know if she can beat this just because of her age.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 11:49 AM   #184
jamf
Pro Bowl

sorry to hear that, hopefully she is able to recover!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 11:54 AM   #185
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
My 11 year old black lab, Cassidy, had an episode Wednesday which vet thinks is vestibular disease…it’s stroke like symptoms. She beaten epileptic, gran mal seizures with daily medicine.

It’s been a brutal 48 hours, don’t know if she can beat this just because of her age.
Dude sorry to hear. My 13 year old got old dog vestibular maybe 6 months ago. Middle of the night heard her trying to stand up and she would just fall. Eyes were moving weird. Scary in real time. Worried it was a stroke or something. Went to vet as soon as they opened, got diagnosed, got some meds ...

Scary for the first few weeks. Not really eating, had to buy wet food. She couldnt walk for a bit.

NOW she is better. She has a perma tilt of her head and her balance is somewhat off but shes back to normal.

Your pup will get better. Scary first week or so but a month from now, she'll be mostly normal again.

This does pass man. Just hugs and extra pets and cuddles.

Naustia medicine helped my dog start eating again. After a week of not eating much I was beyond worried.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 12:00 PM   #186
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Dude sorry to hear. My 13 year old got old dog vestibular maybe 6 months ago. Middle of the night heard her trying to stand up and she would just fall. Eyes were moving weird. Scary in real time. Worried it was a stroke or something. Went to vet as soon as they opened, got diagnosed, got some meds ...

Scary for the first few weeks. Not really eating, had to buy wet food. She couldnt walk for a bit.

NOW she is better. She has a perma tilt of her head and her balance is somewhat off but shes back to normal.

Your pup will get better. Scary first week or so but a month from now, she'll be mostly normal again.

This does pass man. Just hugs and extra pets and cuddles.

Naustia medicine helped my dog start eating again. After a week of not eating much I was beyond worried.
Word….that’s good news. Thanks. They said it could be something worse such as brain tumor…but didn’t get the mri because vet said the head tilt, drooling and the eye movement points to vestibular. Yeah she can’t walk right now, but stood and actually peed this morning. So small steps

He Gets Us
Old 01-21-2022, 12:05 PM   #187
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Word….that’s good news. Thanks. They said it could be something worse such as brain tumor…but didn’t get the mri because vet said the head tilt, drooling and the eye movement points to vestibular. Yeah she can’t walk right now, but stood and actually peed this morning. So small steps
Yeah, we were told the same thing and went down the road you are on. I think one of us stayed home from work for a few days.

Small steps, takes a few weeks. Good weekend to get her up on the couch with some throw blankets and just chill.

And wet food.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 02:09 PM   #188
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Sorry Chico. Pets especially dogs are the best! Hope you lab heals like above.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 09:56 AM   #189
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Chico,

Thinking of you. Pets are family members and their challenges are felt in the family.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 04:31 PM   #190
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Damn, sorry to hear that Chico. Hoping for the best for you and your lab.
Old 01-24-2022, 09:50 AM   #191
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Thanks for the love

Making progress, got her to stand up Friday night…couple steps Saturday. She was able to squat and pee. The rapid eye movement has subsided along with most the drooling.

I’ve become a physical therapist over the weekend….now all I need to do now is reach out to my long ago illegal drug connections and I’d be qualified for the Trainer position for the team

He Gets Us
Old 01-25-2022, 07:02 PM   #192
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

Quote:
Thanks for the love

Making progress, got her to stand up Friday night…couple steps Saturday. She was able to squat and pee. The rapid eye movement has subsided along with most the drooling.

I’ve become a physical therapist over the weekend….now all I need to do now is reach out to my long ago illegal drug connections and I’d be qualified for the Trainer position for the team

Wow. Glad she is making a little progress. So tough when your pet gets sick. They are literally our best friends and family. Positive vibes to Cassidy.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 03:02 AM   #193
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I absolutely fucking love dogs. Glad that SS was able to share a relatable story that is also a path your dog can be on Chico. I hope she keeps on improving.

Dogs really are family members.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 02:12 PM   #194
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

My mom has now lost 2 of her cats in the span of a month. She had both for well over 10+ years. They lived good, long lives. But my poor mom, called me crying. Such a shitty, helpless feeling. Feel terrible for her. Dogs and cats should have the same average life spans as humans.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 03:30 PM   #195
Giantone
Gamebreaker

This is very much like the little one my Daughter has brought into the household. She will turn one in two months . The Face just cracks me up all the time. I have had two Labs one a mutt mix and the other a pure Chocolate. I didn't want another dog because it was just two hard at the end and it was all left to me , twice was enough.