Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Changing The Team Name, Give It A Rest!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-07-2023, 02:45 PM   #166
MTK
\m/

Re: Changing The Team Name, Give It A Rest!!

Didn’t anyone see Robert Saleh break down his 4 levels of competitors?

https://footballscoop.com/news/rober...of-competitors

Advertisements
Old 09-07-2023, 03:02 PM   #167
Summo
The Bringer of Digital Bling

To me it sounds like they are trying to say all the right things and keep ramping up the fans fervor and not explicitly saying that they are or aren't changing the name and keep pointing the conversation towards winning and looking to the future.

IMO with the costs of re-branding yet again, that cant be a priority, not with the stadium in shambles and all the costs to fix it temporarily. And what the cost of building a new stadium will be, which is the ultimate goal, I think the compromise will be they will ultimately keep the Commanders name and re-design the uniforms to look like the Redskin/WFT ones and everyone will be happy, not really but close enough.

Visit my Socials: Twitter: @summo13 IGram:@summo13art
Summo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 03:34 PM   #168
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Bringing back Redskins? no
Name change? on the table

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/...source=twitter
I feel like the name Commanders was more of a Ron choice than a Snyder choice. By the time that decision rolled around DS had checked out and seemed like he didn't care what happened with the team or the name. Ron always seemed to be advocating for a military related name and with DS checked out Ron spearheaded the decision and got what he wanted by default.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 03:47 PM   #169
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summo View Post
To me it sounds like they are trying to say all the right things and keep ramping up the fans fervor and not explicitly saying that they are or aren't changing the name and keep pointing the conversation towards winning and looking to the future.

IMO with the costs of re-branding yet again, that cant be a priority, not with the stadium in shambles and all the costs to fix it temporarily. And what the cost of building a new stadium will be, which is the ultimate goal, I think the compromise will be they will ultimately keep the Commanders name and re-design the uniforms to look like the Redskin/WFT ones and everyone will be happy, not really but close enough.
rebranding is a money maker . . . there are some upfront costs, but, especially with new ownership fever, the merchandize sales will be through the roofs. Source:

Quote:
"There's really some decent money in changing the logo," explains Nola Agha, an associate professor of sport management at the University of San Francisco and a board member for the North American Association of Sports Economists. "What you have is a new revenue stream ... from selling merchandise, licensing or anything that has the new logo on it."

It helps the team that NFL franchises tend to make money regardless of athletic performance. Kenneth Shropshire, the CEO of the Global Sport Institute at Arizona State University, notes that team values generally rise "no matter what shortfall is taking place at the moment."
That was from an old article, but have read many regarding it. and with the hate of the name Commanders, seems like merchandize sales for a new name selected by the fans would be a HUGE windfall of cash!!
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 04:18 PM   #170
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I feel like the name Commanders was more of a Ron choice than a Snyder choice. By the time that decision rolled around DS had checked out and seemed like he didn't care what happened with the team or the name. Ron always seemed to be advocating for a military related name and with DS checked out Ron spearheaded the decision and got what he wanted by default.
Snyder was too busy funneling as much money as he could from the team (see his "marketing" $4 million dollar a year fee to have the team logo on his private plane )
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 04:31 PM   #171
Summo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
rebranding is a money maker . . . there are some upfront costs, but, especially with new ownership fever, the merchandize sales will be through the roofs. Source:

That was from an old article, but have read many regarding it. and with the hate of the name Commanders, seems like merchandize sales for a new name selected by the fans would be a HUGE windfall of cash!!
I would think it would be a windfall for changing it once, but three times in 4 years? Not so sure about that. Besides the revenue sharing, it all goes into one pot and distributed evenly so I would think the other 31 owners would have a say as well.

Old 09-07-2023, 04:41 PM   #172
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/na...r-leftist-orgs

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 04:43 PM   #173
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Dude, I like your postings, but take this propaganda political sh*t out of here.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 05:45 PM   #174
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summo View Post
I would think it would be a windfall for changing it once, but three times in 4 years? Not so sure about that. Besides the revenue sharing, it all goes into one pot and distributed evenly so I would think the other 31 owners would have a say as well.
this would be the only one the fans wanted . . . NOBODY i personally know that is a fan has bought anything with Commanders on it . . . NOBODY! Some of you may have, but i guarantee that if it is rebranded to a name selected by fans while the new ownership honeymoon is still in effect, just about everyone would buy something. I know I would. I actually got Johan Dodson jersey for Christmas last year and asked for a receipt to return it. I simply cannot wear that shit.
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 06:01 PM   #175
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Didn’t anyone see Robert Saleh break down his 4 levels of competitors?

https://footballscoop.com/news/rober...of-competitors

Hahaha.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 06:03 PM   #176
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Dude, I like your postings, but take this propaganda political sh*t out of here.

Seriously.
Old 09-07-2023, 07:05 PM   #177
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Propaganda? It’s an article. No into politics

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 08:07 PM   #178
nonniey
The Starter

The answer is sitting there in front of us - Braves- go back to the original name and you can unretire the NA logo that is so popular with that group and the rest of us.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 08:12 PM   #179
Summo

Talking Re: Changing The Team Name, Give It A Rest!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
this would be the only one the fans wanted . . . NOBODY i personally know that is a fan has bought anything with Commanders on it . . . NOBODY! Some of you may have, but i guarantee that if it is rebranded to a name selected by fans while the new ownership honeymoon is still in effect, just about everyone would buy something. I know I would. I actually got Johan Dodson jersey for Christmas last year and asked for a receipt to return it. I simply cannot wear that shit.
That’s ok. I guarantee I’ve bought enough merchandise to make up the lack of purchases by you and all three of your friends

Old 09-07-2023, 08:47 PM   #180
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Changing The Team Name, Give It A Rest!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Propaganda? It’s an article. No into politics

Soros and fox= politics. And make me want to talk about the group trying to reinstate the name claiming they are native Americans and we gonna go down a rabbit hole. Which is why Ruh shut that shit down.

Last edited by punch it in; 09-07-2023 at 09:22 PM.