Josh Harris = New Owner!?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-15-2023, 12:49 PM   #166
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Josh Harris = New Owner!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
It ain’t anti climatic for me … he is on his way out, gone,finished,see ya,don’t let the door..,nah.. nah Goodbye!, We now can only hope the New owners live up to our expectations..😳.. which they won’t😀! Winning is the ONLY thing that will bring this team ( whatever the name may be..) back to respectability..
I would not fire Ron or make any changes in staff .. these guys stayed in the trenches and did as good as they could while working for the WORST owner maybe of all time !! Let’s see them under hopefully light years better ownership ..

Things that need to happen .. New stadium,Get our fans in the seats( winning does that) .. find out if we have QB because without that nothing matters .. all the talk about name change etc is not important at all to me .. unless there is some name that was never brought up in the last search ( I never liked any of them ) .. and rest assured if the name had not been changed from Redskins .. this new owner team would do it now !
If Snyder leaving doesn’t get a fan fired up then I’m not sure what will… maybe winning??
Sorry, but no. The first order of business should be clean out that front office.

Bruce Allen was bad. Jason Wright was not better. Ron and company will have their lame duck season only because of the timing. He has been very candid about feeling like he will not be retained past the 2023 season. And he shouldn't be. He has not done enough to save/keep his job if you look at strictly wins and losses. 22-27 in three seasons here. 12 years as a HC and he's only had double digit wins three times.

He was the "best of the worst" candidate following Gruden's dismissal and I think he did as good as a job as anyone else who has had to work under Snyder. That being said unless somehow he wins the NFC east this year I can't see him being retained in 24'.

Advertisements
Old 04-15-2023, 02:21 PM   #167
jamf
Pro Bowl

I’m with SS84.
Burn this shit Down!

Can’t leave traces of Snyder’s cancer behind.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 05:05 PM   #168
HTTR
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I’m with SS84.
Burn this shit Down!

Can’t leave traces of Snyder’s cancer behind.

Yes! I used to think changing the name again would just be another embarrassment and hassle. Now I want all the stench of Snyder removed. “Commanders” will be that stinky dingleberry that got stuck in your shorts when you were 6 — flush it ALL down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2023, 08:45 PM   #169
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
I don't think he's a generally happy person. Money didn't really seem to change that, so I imagine more money is not going to make a big difference either.
I'm with you. I don't care what he does for the rest of his miserable life as long as it doesn't impact mine. Take your 6B dollars and disappear. I don't need to keep hearing about whatever trial he'll be facing. I want to stop hearing/reading his name.
Old 04-15-2023, 09:24 PM   #170
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I feel kinda lukewarm to not really caring. This entire thing is so anti climatic. I just don't care- sadly.

Come on man. Last year at this time this was a pipe dream. It was our only way out. Only way real coaches and gm’s and free agents would ever want to come here. Now it is reality. I feel blessed.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 12:06 PM   #171
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I'm with you. I don't care what he does for the rest of his miserable life as long as it doesn't impact mine. Take your 6B dollars and disappear. I don't need to keep hearing about whatever trial he'll be facing. I want to stop hearing/reading his name.

He ruined like 25 years of my football life, and ruined a lot of other people’s lives literally in those years. I wish him nothing but bad karma and misery. Dude wasn’t just a bad owner but also a bad person.
I just did yoga and all the namaste in the universe wont change my hatred for that turd nugget.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 06:25 AM   #172
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
He ruined like 25 years of my football life, and ruined a lot of other people’s lives literally in those years. I wish him nothing but bad karma and misery. Dude wasn’t just a bad owner but also a bad person.
I just did yoga and all the namaste in the universe wont change my hatred for that turd nugget.
I get that, and I'll probably keep middle fingering any screen he appears on for the rest of my life, but I don't need that to happen too often, if that makes any sense ^^
Old 04-17-2023, 08:20 AM   #173
Schneed10
A Dude

I think the business side you turn over as soon as possible. Harris has competent sports business people running the Sixers and Devils, you take a 2nd in command at one of those places and give them a shot here, and you take people from Rales's circle and leverage his connections in the community and work towards that glorious new stadium. That should all start as soon as possible.

On the football side it's a terrible time to make a change, so you give Ron this season to show what he's got. And being a reasonable person like Harris is, you actually keep an open mind and let Ron demonstrate to you that he was right about Howell and Bienemey and all of it. And if he's not right you turn him over next year.

But if he's right and we take a leap, then you consider that maybe we've got something going here if ownership can just do what they're supposed to do and let the football people do their thing. Mediocre can't cut it after four years, and I'm sure Harris knows that. But you give him a chance to show he can be good.
Old 04-17-2023, 08:36 AM   #174
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I think the business side you turn over as soon as possible. Harris has competent sports business people running the Sixers and Devils, you take a 2nd in command at one of those places and give them a shot here, and you take people from Rales's circle and leverage his connections in the community and work towards that glorious new stadium. That should all start as soon as possible.

On the football side it's a terrible time to make a change, so you give Ron this season to show what he's got. And being a reasonable person like Harris is, you actually keep an open mind and let Ron demonstrate to you that he was right about Howell and Bienemey and all of it. And if he's not right you turn him over next year.

But if he's right and we take a leap, then you consider that maybe we've got something going here if ownership can just do what they're supposed to do and let the football people do their thing. Mediocre can't cut it after four years, and I'm sure Harris knows that. But you give him a chance to show he can be good.
Agreed. I just read Keim's article about what the new owner will need to do and he covered a little bit about Keim's work with Sixers and Devils. It's clear that Harris knows what to do, so if he wants to give Rivera and his people a chance next year, I would be fine with that. Considering what Rivera had to face throughout the first 3 years here, and the fact that he kept the team focused on football and didn't create any drama within the team despite the constant hound from media and people, it's actually impressive. The team's performance is a different story though, but it can be fixed with a better QB and hopefully Howell is that guy.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 09:57 AM   #175
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Honestly it is difficult to see them not being a better team this year, with Bienemy replacing Turner and a QB who is way better than what we had, Brian Robinson fully recovered and the feel good honeymoon period of new ownership. It would take a monumental effort for Ron to screw it up and be no better than last year, at which point he would deserve to be fired. How much of an improvement the new owner would need to retain Ron remains to be seen.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 10:49 AM   #176
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Honestly it is difficult to see them not being a better team this year, with Bienemy replacing Turner and a QB who is way better than what we had, Brian Robinson fully recovered and the feel good honeymoon period of new ownership. It would take a monumental effort for Ron to screw it up and be no better than last year, at which point he would deserve to be fired. How much of an improvement the new owner would need to retain Ron remains to be seen.
9 wins has to be the absolute minimum. But year 4 and 17 games, the expectation should be 10+.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 11:38 AM   #177
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
9 wins has to be the absolute minimum. But year 4 and 17 games, the expectation should be 10+.
I think that is a pretty reasonable target
Old 04-17-2023, 12:35 PM   #178
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
The bugaboo will be the up and down nature of defense. There aren't many defenses that finish in the top 10 one year and then stay there the next.

We however should be a team that's equipped to do it given how disruptive we can be up front. But 2021 was a dropoff from 2020. Hope 2023 isn't a dropoff from 2022.
Old 04-17-2023, 01:27 PM   #179
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
The bugaboo will be the up and down nature of defense. There aren't many defenses that finish in the top 10 one year and then stay there the next.

We however should be a team that's equipped to do it given how disruptive we can be up front. But 2021 was a dropoff from 2020. Hope 2023 isn't a dropoff from 2022.
True, wonder whether Ron will go down because he never really fixed the MLB. Holcomb is gone and the new guy is an unknown quantity learning a new defense
Old 04-17-2023, 01:44 PM   #180
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

It's time to hit that motherfuckin' agreement with the ole:

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote