other 9 13.64%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 12:41 AM   #166
VegasSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
It sure is starting to seem like it. I mean they traded up for rg3. That is kind of a no brainer after rex/beck. We made a deal and got rg-3 Great. It sure is starting to appear thAt alot of other personnel decisions were just bad. If rg-3 doesnt play next week we Are going to see a real disaster of a team. A disaster of a team that is the brain child of shanallen. I know im going to hear every excuse in the world now about well if this guy wasnt hurt or this guy had just done this or its not the coaches fault that such in such was this and that. Of course shanny didnt miss a 31 yard fg. No but shanny chose the dude who did to be our kicker. Josh morgan and pierre garcon - thats where we spent our money? Oh wait josh morgan is an awesome blocker!?! I do not believe this team is ready to win next year. I really dont. Our defense is light years away. Our receivers are not that good. We have no kicker and our punter is not good either. We have very questionable depth on our o-line and absolutely no talent at rt. Thanks for alfred morris. Shanny could be a special running back scout. Lol. Call me debbie downer. Call me ignorant. Call me whatever you want. Coaching staff has to go. Now bring on the tongue lashing i am about to receive because it helps you vent your own frustration without having to bad mouth your team. Im a big boy. I can handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really like Sav.

Advertisements
Old 10-08-2012, 12:42 AM   #167
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Great post. Didn't score 30 today ....no offense i mean im just saying.
Two weeks in a row actually Crusty, and last week was against a pretty lousy defense. The last two seasons our play-calling got very predictable about this time in the season. This year is no different, unless RG3 runs constantly.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:48 AM   #168
gangstalicious
Camp Scrub

I'm upset that we lost today, but... I'm not going to get all butthurt.

I think Mike is doing a fine job. I think some of us are being waaay to critical of this man. Of course your going to say that he missed on situations, but it's the nature of the game.

let's just all hug eachother and wish for a better sunday

friendship!

p.s sorry i've been drinking
Old 10-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #169
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Shanahan isn't going anywhere. Just because a few fans think they know what's going on in the FO doesn't mean that it's going to happen. The same FO that makes mistakes also..

- Brought in TW
- Brought in Morris
- Got RG3
- Got Kerrigan
- Resigned Fletcher

and the list goes on.... In a perfect world we would win every game, and the Redskins would win the Super Bowl every day.
Dont forget mcnabb or cundiff or all thr others moves or draftpicks that didnt work out. Sit down and go over every draft pick and free agent signing made by shanny since he got here. More wrongs than rites. It would be an absolute calamity if shanny fails and you know it. The guy has one playoff win in 14 years. What makes you so sure he is on the verge of winning games?. I think you overcome your fear of having to start over again with a new regime by ripping goat or me or anybody who doubts shanny. Are you THAT SURE that this team will be winning in year five????

Old 10-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #170
VegasSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I didn't use the word dumb, or moron or any of the others I've seen from the Shanahan apologists. That said, I absolutely stand by the post, hands down, no questions.

Hadn't even read the thread when I posted but as I go back through it's pretty telling that no one else pointed out how bad the Falcons, particularly Ryan, were up to the 4th quarter. Ryan hasn't been that inaccurate since his rookie season.

Again, this is not a serious football team, because we don't have a serious coaching staff or front office, and that simply has everything to do with Mike Shanahan. His goofy kiddo makes it worse, but obviously Kyle wouldn't be here if Mike wasn't. Mike's the problem. We won't be a winning team until he's gone. But I won't stop being a fan because I know this to be true. That's not how it works.
I disagree but for the sake of discussion. What would your plan be? Fire the gm, head coach, of, dc, st coach? Who are you replacing them with? What timeframe are you going to give them to win? Do they get one year? Two? Five? And then we just fire them and start over again if we haven't won the Super Bowl?

I get you hate the current staff. Changing them out pushes a reset button on the franchise that may or may not work out and that costs us years to determine it.

This isn't a zorn in over his head situation. I think we stay the course with our current staff. I get you disagree, just don want to read any more posts of people saying fire everyone without also giving some kind of plan on who they would replace them with. Otherwise it's just noise.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #171
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSkinsFan View Post
I really like Sav.
Just for the record he just made my shitlist today. Haha.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #172
RGIII

Quote:
I really like Sav.
Did you watch the game?
Old 10-08-2012, 12:58 AM   #173
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
I disagree but for the sake of discussion. What would your plan be? Fire the gm, head coach, of, dc, st coach? Who are you replacing them with? What timeframe are you going to give them to win? Do they get one year? Two? Five? And then we just fire them and start over again if we haven't won the Super Bowl?

I get you hate the current staff. Changing them out pushes a reset button on the franchise that may or may not work out and that costs us years to determine it.

This isn't a zorn in over his head situation. I think we stay the course with our current staff. I get you disagree, just don want to read any more posts of people saying fire everyone without also giving some kind of plan on who they would replace them with. Otherwise it's just noise.
So how long until shanny starts winning? How long till the secondary and o-line and kicker , etc are ready to win. Cus otherwise its just a waste of a really good qb. Point is in three years hes made a few good choices. Almo - kerrigan - rg-3. Not much else. You cant add one good player a year and ever expect to field an entire team that can win? I get the whole continuity thing. 14 years - one playoff win? Arent we just doing more harm if we leave this regime hanging around after the five year mark. I dont see us winning two years away? Too many holes still.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:00 AM   #174
RGIII

I've been questioning the soundness of Shanahan's coaching abilities, hence my sig. He's made several knee-jerk decisions himself on the sidelines and off. This is the foundation of his leadership and it's wavering a bit. The team will start to question his guidance more and more.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:01 AM   #175
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Dont forget mcnabb or cundiff or all thr others moves or draftpicks that didnt work out. Sit down and go over every draft pick and free agent signing made by shanny since he got here. More wrongs than rites. It would be an absolute calamity if shanny fails and you know it. The guy has one playoff win in 14 years. What makes you so sure he is on the verge of winning games?. I think you overcome your fear of having to start over again with a new regime by ripping goat or me or anybody who doubts shanny. Are you THAT SURE that this team will be winning in year five????

Well see my issue is when people are already like well Garcon, Morgan, Cousins...all wasted moves. Or when trading an end of the bench DB for John Beck is some major disaster. And I would bet that even the best GMs you could think of likely have more wrongs than rights. Every one here praises Beathard to no end...but he failed repeatedly with his personnel decisions.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:03 AM   #176
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Eh, I saw a couple of people question if he was worth even signing after today
Wait, don't I get credit for questioning it when he was signed!! lol

To kind of bring things full circle on Mike's (umpteenth) FA mistake, I know some folks asked if anyone (probably me especially though) would still prefer Gaffney or some other average, veteran WR. I don't see how anyone would prefer otherwise.

Gaffney or another WR would have commanded $1 million/year guaranteed money, at the most. We're paying Garcon $5 million + per year in guaranteed money. Is Garcon five times more valuable than an average, veteran WR? Will he be five times for valuable that the avg, bet WR in any year of his career? LOL, he's not even twice as valuable. He's maybe the 3rd best WR on the roster. Will he be targeted a lot yet this season? Sure. Will he have the most TDs of the WR corp? Probably, given how much the offense is willing to sacrifice to get him the ball already. Will that prove he's better than Moss, worthy of the contract, or deserves to start? (Right now my starters would be Moss and Hankerson, with Garcon and Morgan and Robinson battling to be the the "3rd option")
Old 10-08-2012, 01:08 AM   #177
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
So how long until shanny starts winning? How long till the secondary and o-line and kicker , etc are ready to win. Cus otherwise its just a waste of a really good qb. Point is in three years hes made a few good choices. Almo - kerrigan - rg-3. Not much else. You cant add one good player a year and ever expect to field an entire team that can win? I get the whole continuity thing. 14 years - one playoff win? Arent we just doing more harm if we leave this regime hanging around after the five year mark. I dont see us winning two years away? Too many holes still.

Maybe it's just me but I'm not ready to close the book on Leonard Hankerson, Roy Helu Evan Royster, Trent Williams, Kory Lichtensteiger, Chris Chester, Jordan Bernstine, Richard Crawford, Perry Riley, Keenan Robinson, Jarvis Jenkins, Chase Minnifield, Kirk Cousins, Stephen Bowen, Adam Gettis, Josh LeRibeus, etc.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:09 AM   #178
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Im not necessarily saying they are wrong just that up until this point they arent rite. Same thing that bothers me about the shanny argument. One school says rite. One school says wrong. There is only one thing that determines rite or wrong in football - WINS. So its early- sure. Jury is still out - sure. But up until this point - they lose more than they win. Twice as much? Three times as much? So im not sure how the doubters get ripped the way they do ? I can only go by wins and losses. U want to say i told u so when and if they start winning. Be my guest. I relish the thought. I seriously want to be wrong about shanny. More than you know.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:11 AM   #179
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Wait, don't I get credit for questioning it when he was signed!! lol

To kind of bring things full circle on Mike's (umpteenth) FA mistake, I know some folks asked if anyone (probably me especially though) would still prefer Gaffney or some other average, veteran WR. I don't see how anyone would prefer otherwise.

Gaffney or another WR would have commanded $1 million/year guaranteed money, at the most. We're paying Garcon $5 million + per year in guaranteed money. Is Garcon five times more valuable than an average, veteran WR? Will he be five times for valuable that the avg, bet WR in any year of his career? LOL, he's not even twice as valuable. He's maybe the 3rd best WR on the roster. Will he be targeted a lot yet this season? Sure. Will he have the most TDs of the WR corp? Probably, given how much the offense is willing to sacrifice to get him the ball already. Will that prove he's better than Moss, worthy of the contract, or deserves to start? (Right now my starters would be Moss and Hankerson, with Garcon and Morgan and Robinson battling to be the the "3rd option")
So you sign Gaffney for one year and then what? Sign him again for another one year deal?
Old 10-08-2012, 01:11 AM   #180
RGIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Many of his passes, even the completions, didn't look accurate. He was throwing low, throwing behind receivers. If I were to lay the smack down...RG3, Kyle Shanahan, Cundiff, and Madieu Williams would get it
RGIIIs passes didn't "look" accurate? Dude was like 14/19. One low pass to Moss was perfectly placed, catchable, but was dropped. At least two others were catchable but dropped as well (Davis, Morgan possibly). You're probably thinking of a pass to Garcon that could've been a miscommunication. Did Ryan's passes look accurate? There were at least two circus catches by Jones, White or Douglas. And WTF was ATL doing throwing to an eligible OL twice in a game? Where they accurate passes too?
Closed Thread