Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot lays the smack down (Skins/Bills) - mattyk edition

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-31-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
over the mountain
Playmaker

Re: Smoot lays the smack down (Skins/Bills) - mattyk edition

i wouldnt write off chester yet. it seems we did sign him for a few mil more than he is probably worth but i think we are much better off with him compared to the other options. i dont think the 4 or 5 yr 21 mil deal will hinder us from upgrading the team or making other personnel moves.

with brown, after trent went down the talk was about how with browns leg injury he would be alot better off on the left side because he wouldnt have to anchor on his bad leg like he does on the right side and that he sounded excited and optimistic about his play stepping up on the left side vs the right . . . then our coaching staff keep him on the right side . . i would like to see brown move over to the left just to see if there is any truth to the notion he wont have to use his bad leg as much . .who knows maybe even a mental placebo effect might happen where brown plays better on the left b/c he thinks he can play better on the left.

hes always thought and consider himself a left tackle, thats why he got traded from the saints, they wanted him to play RT and be paid like a RT, he thought otherwise.

idk i was watching the game with no audio on a 1 foot by 1 foot tv yesterday but chester was doing well the first couple games when we ran the stretch, he was using his feet and getting into the second level like he is supposed to . .just no dang holes at all the last couple of weeks. 29 rushing yds, with the qb getting half of those is bad.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:10 PM   #2
Meks
Pro Bowl

Kyle blows. and yes Houston was kubiak. not Kyle
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Jevan Snead is a temporary fix for the rest of the year. Next off-season we add Daniel and Bradford!
Old 10-31-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

Not sure if this has been posted yet:

"Mike Shanahan had never suffered a shutout loss as an NFL head or assistant coach … until Sunday, when the Buffalo Bills blew his Redskins away to the tune of a 23-0 embarrassment."

Good times...
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
Not sure if this has been posted:vomit::

"Mike Shanahan had never suffered a shutout loss as an NFL head or assistant coach … until Sunday, when the Buffalo Bills blew his Redskins away to the tune of a 23-0 embarrassment."

Good times...
Hey but its a rebuilding season, so ther's your excuse :vomit:
Its like when you make an ass out of yourself but you were drunk so its all good.

Same song and dance around here for 20 fn years.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:48 PM   #6
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Hey but its a rebuilding season, so ther's your excuse :vomit:
Its like when you make an ass out of yourself but you were drunk so its all good.

Same song and dance around here for 20 fn years.
Actually, there is no excuse. A blocked FG and a voluntary decision to skip the FG at the end of the game? Don't tell me he didn't have the chance to avoid it.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:43 PM   #7
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Alex Smith finished 2010 strong, and it's carried over into 2011. But I thought he'd be worth going after because I feel he's proven enough to warrant someone taking a chance on him. Have yet to see that from Beck
Old 10-31-2011, 07:10 PM   #8
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Harbaugh is the reason for Smith's improvement. Having been an NFL QB and coaching him is why he has improved so much. He was a #1 overall pick so he's got some talent.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:53 PM   #9
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

why not TO?
Old 10-31-2011, 07:55 PM   #10
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I find it funny, when Jason Campbell was behind center, it was always the OL and WR that sucked. Now that Beck is behind the center (with bad OL and mediocre WRs).....it's the QB.

Did any of you watch that game the other day? No run block. No pass block. Nothing. The thing that Beck did wrong was hold onto the ball too long. That said, guy never had time to do much of anything, and even Troy commented about how the WRs weren't getting open. I'm not saying Beck didn't play shitty because he without a doubt did, but he's played decent until Buffalo. I think the coaching staff need to devise something to counter the OL being decimated. (screen passes, 3 step drops, etc)
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:57 PM   #11
mbedner3420
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I find it funny, when Jason Campbell was behind center, it was always the OL and WR that sucked. Now that Beck is behind the center (with bad OL and mediocre WRs).....it's the QB.

Did any of you watch that game the other day? No run block. No pass block. Nothing. The thing that Beck did wrong was hold onto the ball too long. That said, guy never had time to do much of anything, and even Troy commented about how the WRs weren't getting open. I'm not saying Beck didn't play shitty because he without a doubt did, but he's played decent until Buffalo. I think the coaching staff need to devise something to counter the OL being decimated. (screen passes, 3 step drops, etc)
Soooo many people blamed Campbell. How quickly ye forget.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:20 PM   #12
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
Soooo many people blamed Campbell. How quickly ye forget.
I was one of them. Even though we had a bad line, the guy just didn't get it done, even when they did block,.

That said, Beck has done fine up until Sunday's game, but you can't expect a QB to endure that type of punishment all day.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 10-31-2011, 09:37 PM   #13
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
I was one of them. Even though we had a bad line, the guy just didn't get it done, even when they did block,.

That said, Beck has done fine up until Sunday's game, but you can't expect a QB to endure that type of punishment all day.
Quote:
Can you name me one QB in the league that would have fared better in yesterdays game? The only QB I can think of might be Vick with his running ability.
I didn't think he was all that great against Carolina.

A lot of QB's would have done better against Buffalo. Improvement could come from a QB who gets the ball out quickly and who doesn't use his mobility to run into defenders. Beck has poor pocket presence.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny

Last edited by Lotus; 10-31-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:45 PM   #14
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Paging Dirtbag. We need some game film on Beck from this past weekends game. Would be nice.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:15 PM   #15
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:

I think I need a clarification. Could you please discribe when actually Beck was doing fine? Minus Preseason. He's had 2 games. Both games very similar to each other.

1st game- 1 almost INT. 1 actual INT. 1 fumble.

2nd game- 2 INT's. 1 fumble.

Both games similar to the first 4 games of the season under Grossman. I'd prefer Grossman only throwing 2 INT's a game vs. Beck giving up 2 INT's and 1 or more fumbles a game. But thats just me.

Maybe you were refering to the time span between the 1st and 2nd game? or perhaps you were refering to the first 4 games when Beck was on the sideline. Clearly things were going well during that time span.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote