Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Colt Brennan Says He'll "Play A Ton" In The Preseason

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 10:37 PM   #166
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Colt Brennan Says He'll "Play A Ton" In The Preseason

Man, Matty's eyes are going to bleed when he sees all of this back and forth QB argument. LOL.
R.I.P. #21

Advertisements
Old 07-06-2009, 10:38 PM   #167
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Man, it is sooo difficult to use that quote button. :yeahright
well its not that its hard..its redundent IMO. if you are talkin with 3 ppl and they say something you are not going to point at that person and repeat what he said and then say your piece... ppl who can keep up dont need the quote feature.. TRY HARDER
Old 07-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #168
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
well its not that its hard..its redundent IMO. if you are talkin with 3 ppl and they say something you are not going to point at that person and repeat what he said and then say your piece... ppl who can keep up dont need the quote feature.. TRY HARDER
Wow, he can learn! Good for you.
R.I.P. #21
Old 07-06-2009, 10:41 PM   #169
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

i see now we go to insults..chatroom tough guy
Old 07-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #170
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Wow. Between nick and dbuch, I am having flashbacks to offiss and his man crush on Patrick Ramsey. As with offiss, confronted with stats they respond "those aren't the right stats" but site none of their own. Confronted with the opinions of coaches and analysts, they say "those aren't the right coaches and analysts".

As for being a lazy typer, nick, what is eminently clear, is that you are a lazy thinker.

As to receivers, Derrick Mason would contest that remark - his stats are remarkably similar to Santana's. Additionally, the Ravens top 3 runners had over 2,000 yards (Rice, McGahee and McClain - each getting significant time as a starter). Portis and Betts (the only two runners with over 200 yards for the Skins) had just under 1700. The Ravens defense had 5 TD's off of interception returns. The Skins had none. The Ravens defense had one defensive fumble recovery for a TD. The Skins had none. The Ravens had two Safeties, tthe Redskins had none. The Ravens allowed 244 points, The Skins 293. The Ravens had 20 rushing TD's, the Skins had 12. Flacco was sacked 33 times, Campbell 38 (oh, and Campbell gained 250 yards to Flacco's 180).

Putting Campbell in Flacco's spot, Campbell would have taken the Ravens to the Superbowl. Flacco who was 13 of 30 in the Championship game w/ 2 INT's and No TD's.

The team carried Flacco, not vice versa.

Collins has been in the league 14 years, played for 5 teams and almost washed out twice. He better be able to step in and play at this point. Given his stats last year, if he is a great QB then so is Campbell. Again, the Titans top 2 runners had over 2,000 yards - Portis and Betts just under 1700. The Titans defense had 3 Defensive TD's. The Skins had none. The Titans allowed 234 points, The Skins 293. The Ravens had 24 rushing TD's, the Skins had 12. Collins was sacked 8 times, Campbell 38 (again, Campbell 250 rushing yards, Collins 49).

Again, put Campbell in for Collins, and maybe they beat the Ravens and play Pitt. Collins threw for 281 yards on 42 attempts with no TD's and one Interception.

You then list all the playoff QB's who were not part of Redskinsgirl analysis b/c they had much better stats than JC last year. Except of course for Delhomme, any consideration of his stats would require consistency of thought on your part - something you clearly struggle with. (Go look them up, I bet Delhomme succeeded last year b/c he had a strong rushing game and a stingy opportunistic defense).

Redskinsgirl's comparison was limited to players whose stats were comparable to JC's yet whose teams still made it the playoffs. To counter it, you simply ignored the question asked to come up with an answer you liked. No rationale, no stats - just subjective arguments that can be made by anyone and prove nothing. You're worse than a lazy thinker... you're just obtuse!

You follow with this bit of rhetorical legerdermain:

Many of the QB's in the playoffs were better than JC last year. Flacco, Collins, and Delhomme were not. Rather, and in answer to your question, JC WAS like them. He just didn't have a rushing game that provided over 2000 yards, a spare 6 or 10 TD's, or a defense that allowed fewer points and scored points on its own.

Then you close with this completely unsupported remark that is proved false by every word you utter.

I take it back - you're right. I (and lotus and redskingirl) don't know football like you. We actually understand it. You on the other hand are just bag of wind with an opinion.
One thing I'll say about Flacco is that he isn't afraid to throw to receivers when they're "covered" (and he seems to go downfield on every pass play). There has been a lot of criticism that the skins receivers can't get open, but open is a relative term in the NFL. A few times every game, you'll see receivers who are blanketed, sometimes by 2 defenders, make spectacular catches. I recall one bomb Flacco threw to Clayton in the playoffs, I believe against Tennessee, where the 2 defenders ran into each other and fell down right as the ball got there. Clayton caught it and walked in for the score. I remember saying to myself, Campbell would have never thrown that ball".

Now, you can't always get away with those passes, but good NFL QBs make a few completions like that every game. And I don't want to hear about pass protection. Yes, the pass protection was poor at times, but it wasn't as if he never, ever got time to pass. And if the Skins were smart, they would use all of their running backs like the Ravens, Giants, Falcons, Titans, Dolphins and seemingly every other team in the NFL does these days with a few exceptions. It's nice that Portis was 4th in the NFL in yardage, but some of that has to do with the fact that there are only 10 or so feature backs left.

All that said, Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl with the Ravens, so I guess it's possible JC could have as well. But does anyone consider Trent Dilfer a good QB? I don't think too many JC "haters" would argue that he's pretty good when everything else around him is perfect, but perfect conditions are the exception, not the rule in the NFL. I think some of us would like to see him display the ability to make things happen when conditions are less than ideal. Hopefully, he will do so this year.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:43 PM   #171
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
I dont like Eli, i think he is avg at best but the fact is on the biggest stage when his team needed a score he got the job done. and he played very well during the playoff run btw.. i think i just threw up in my mouth a little bit. ugh
Dude, you were arguing that the Redskins FO, like you, does not like JC. I pointed out that the same facts that you cited would reveal that the Giants don't want Eli. I didn't ask for your opinion on Eli. You were asked to wake up to the fact that your argument was flawed.

Don't change the argument midstream!
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 07-06-2009, 10:45 PM   #172
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Dude, you were arguing that the Redskins FO, like you, does not like JC. I pointed out that the same facts that you cited would reveal that the Giants don't want Eli. I didn't ask for your opinion on Eli. You were asked to wake up to the fact that your argument was flawed.

Don't change the argument midstream!
He and nick have changed the argument so many times, it is ridiculous.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:45 PM   #173
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

What does ELI have to do with the SKins???
Old 07-06-2009, 10:46 PM   #174
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

I was talkin JC and OUR QB situation..you brought up Eli.

Now whos changin the arguement??
Old 07-06-2009, 10:49 PM   #175
redskinsgirl
Camp Scrub

Quote:
JC couldnt even get us to the PLAYOFFS. but a backup did. Now he can take another team to the SB.. this is too much
Umm JC won 5 games wheres as his back up only won four. So JC did play a role in the skins getting to the playoffs. Btw if the defense would have done their jobs in the Philly and the Dallas game He would have had 7 wins under his belt. Meaning the skins would have been 11-5.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:49 PM   #176
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
So lets recap, I showed JC's scouting report that said he
1.Holds the ball too long
2.sees half the field, hence misses open wr's
3. Is too quick to checkdown when we need a play
Then, I post a clip from NFL Network where they backed this up with video proof.

Then ppl say Colt and Chase are 'system' Qbs and wont be anygood so i go find a clip from an interview with the offensive assistant where he said they were both doing very well and i get accused of cherry picking for some reason that i still dont understand.

to sum it all up, JC has not been consistant, when we needed him to drive this team for a score rarely did he do so. Other than the Saints game i cant remember one off hand.
Dude, you produced a scouting report on JC that was 4 years old. Then you produced a video of Solomon Wilcot's opinion. None of this is very strong evidence for your points.

You were accused of cherry-picking because that is what you did repeatedly. You ignored the evidence against your argument and dug for your own favorite stats to support you. That is cherry-picking.

As for your quotes about Colt and Chase, you got them from an interview on Redskins.com in which there is no way Chris would say anything bad about anyone. He could have thought that Chase was a loser due for a cut soon, but in that venue his words were going to be all flowers and sunshine.

Finally, besides the Saints game, JC drove us for an important score late in the 49ers game. It wasn't his fault that the defense then collapsed.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 07-06-2009, 10:54 PM   #177
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Finally, besides the Saints game, JC drove us for an important score late in the 49ers game. It wasn't his fault that the defense then collapsed.
But we had a top 4 defense!! Clearly, JC was jinxing them from the sidelines.

Is JC a great QB? No. Will he be? dunno.

I am certain that nothing nick or dbuch has produced proves anything other than that they don't like JC.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:54 PM   #178
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nflnick11 View Post
The only thing I notice about colt is his side arm release I don't see a quirky motion, and as long as that ball goes from him to the receiver and not a defender then hell, I don't care if he throws the ball under hand or punts it for gods sake...have any of you ever thrown a ball side armed, I have with my son, and I throw a pretty damn good spiral and accurate when I do that
Your son? Aren't you like 17 years old or something like that?

Anyway, yeah I throw the ball side armed sometimes. I was a sidearm pitcher in high school and I sometimes applied that to football. It was less strain on my arm, but it didn't make it any less quirky
Old 07-06-2009, 10:55 PM   #179
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinsgirl View Post
Umm JC won 5 games wheres as his back up only won four. So JC did play a role in the skins getting to the playoffs. Btw if the defense would have done their jobs in the Philly and the Dallas game He would have had 7 wins under his belt. Meaning the skins would have been 11-5.
WOW 5 games out of 12. AWESOME
Old 07-06-2009, 10:56 PM   #180
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
One thing I'll say about Flacco is that he isn't afraid to throw to receivers when they're "covered" (and he seems to go downfield on every pass play). There has been a lot of criticism that the skins receivers can't get open, but open is a relative term in the NFL. A few times every game, you'll see receivers who are blanketed, sometimes by 2 defenders, make spectacular catches. I recall one bomb Flacco threw to Clayton in the playoffs, I believe against Tennessee, where the 2 defenders ran into each other and fell down right as the ball got there. Clayton caught it and walked in for the score. I remember saying to myself, Campbell would have never thrown that ball".

Now, you can't always get away with those passes, but good NFL QBs make a few completions like that every game. And I don't want to hear about pass protection. Yes, the pass protection was poor at times, but it wasn't as if he never, ever got time to pass. And if the Skins were smart, they would use all of their running backs like the Ravens, Giants, Falcons, Titans, Dolphins and seemingly every other team in the NFL does these days with a few exceptions. It's nice that Portis was 4th in the NFL in yardage, but some of that has to do with the fact that there are only 10 or so feature backs left.

All that said, Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl with the Ravens, so I guess it's possible JC could have as well. But does anyone consider Trent Dilfer a good QB? I don't think too many JC "haters" would argue that he's pretty good when everything else around him is perfect, but perfect conditions are the exception, not the rule in the NFL. I think some of us would like to see him display the ability to make things happen when conditions are less than ideal. Hopefully, he will do so this year.
Good post 44Deezel. I agree with what you're saying. As I stated in another thread, I really hope JC plays with a little more confidence this year and I think he will. At some point he's going to have to make the throw and trust the receiver to make a play on the ball. Of course that would have been hard to do with the way the receivers played last year and it being pounded in his head to go through his progressions quickly and check down when no one is open. I think he'll have more of a feel for it this year. This is his year to prove he can do it and if he can't, then it's time to move on. I wish JC all the best and I think he can handle it, but I'm not married to the guy. I hope he proves a lot of people wrong and I think he has the tools to do so. Am I certain of it? NO. But he certainly doesn't deserve the crap he's being dealt here.