Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Let It Snow

Parking Lot

Old 02-07-2010, 12:35 PM   #166
GMScud
Swearinger

Re: Let It Snow

It's a beautiful, crisp day today. Lots of sunshine. After this Caps game, I'm definitely headed out (on foot) to take some pics and do a little exploring.

Advertisements
Old 02-07-2010, 12:40 PM   #167
mlmdub130
Playmaker

tried to take my truck out just cause i was bored and the caps game hadn't started yet, got all of about 6 feet before i had shovel my self out, just to get back to my parking spot. they are saying we probably won't see a plow til tuesday, i honestly don't think a plow truck could even make it down my street

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #168
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
hot damn you guys have a crap load of snow... you're going to have some flooding issues when that stuff starts thawing out in the spring
It might start thawing before that. Thats what happened last time. The next week it was mid 40s and it all melted.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:56 PM   #169
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
It might start thawing before that. Thats what happened last time. The next week it was mid 40s and it all melted.
except that they are calling for around 6 inches maybe more on tuesday night through wednesday

a lot of people can already get out to major roads but narrow neighborhoods like mine will most likly go untouched until later this week

ST21
Old 02-07-2010, 04:06 PM   #170
mlmdub130
Playmaker

so i just took my dogs for a walk to see what everything looked like, and it's still pretty crappy, so why would there be some jackass trying to drive a pos minivan, and getting stuck, i have no clue, and why would four retards veture out in a jetta w/o a shovel, beats me. and lastly i'm not a really smart guy but when i shoveled my truck off i didnt throw the snow in the middle of the street. to me it seems like you would have to be a pretty big douche bag to shovel your car off into the middle of the street especially when you have about 15 people living in your house and you have 6 cars in front of your house. i just don't understand how someone could shovel all that snow off and put a 6 foot wall in the middle of the street and think it's cool. go f yourself

ST21
Old 02-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #171
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
hot damn you guys have a crap load of snow... you're going to have some flooding issues when that stuff starts thawing out in the spring
There's a 100% chance we'll get more snow Tuesday into Wednesday, don't know just how much is predicted yet, but any accumulation on top of what we already have is going to be even more troublesome. Flooding is going to be a problem when the temperatures rise above freezing in the daytime hours.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:43 PM   #172
cpayne5
Playmaker

Here's a picture my wife took this morning from our front porch.

My driveway is about 1/3 of a mile long, and because of a particularly steep/off camber section of it, we have been unable to plow it. So, we have plowed out through my parents and grandparents property (who live next to us). Our "driveway" is about a mile long right now. My cousin lives further down my driveway, and his trek out is even longer. Here is how he had to dig out.

His driveway has a pretty steep 20' drop-off on the left side for about 200 yards (on an incline itself). It's pretty dangerous on a clear day, so this is the only way to do it when we get this much snow.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #173
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Awesome view Cpayne...where is that?
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:26 PM   #174
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Awesome view Cpayne...where is that?
The mountains in the distance comprise Shenandoah National Park (Skyline Drive). I live in Rappahannock County, VA, approximately 60 miles west of DC.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #175
Hog1

BEAUTIFUL...we used to drive the Skyline drive when the leaves were turning....
Old 02-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #176
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
BEAUTIFUL...we used to drive the Skyline drive when the leaves were turning....
Yeah, a lot of people come out to Skyline Drive Summer through Fall. From my house, I can see the cars driving up there when the sun reflects off their windshields/windows. I've lived within a mile of where I do now, and up until a few years ago, I really never went up there. We buy annual passes now, so we go up a few times a year.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:18 PM   #177
Hog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
Yeah, a lot of people come out to Skyline Drive Summer through Fall. From my house, I can see the cars driving up there when the sun reflects off their windshields/windows. I've lived within a mile of where I do now, and up until a few years ago, I really never went up there. We buy annual passes now, so we go up a few times a year.
It's cool so much of your family shares the same land, or at least the same area. Kinda' like the Waltons?
Old 02-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #178
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
It's cool so much of your family shares the same land, or at least the same area. Kinda' like the Waltons?
Well, I've never seen an episode of the Waltons, but maybe! The land has been in the family since the 1700s. Currently, my grandparents, parents, sister, cousin, and myself "share" (many implications to that at the moment! lol) the land.

The county that I live in is very restrictive when it comes to growth (the area I'm in requires 25 acres per house). Because of this, there are basically no "starter" homes, and as a result, most people who grow up here can't afford to continue living here when they get out on their own. The county is quickly becoming a DC retirement community. We have a 2000 acre farm that surrounds our place. It sold a few years ago for $10million. A developer bought it and is selling it in 50 acre tracts for $500k+. People are buying them and putting up 5-10k sq feet houses.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #179
Hog1

Sounds like a great place to live and really good to be so close to so much family.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:20 AM   #180
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
From what I saw on the news this morning it looked like DC got around 12 inches but I heard parts of MD got 30". What do you guys see? It just started snowing in my area and they are calling for 1 to 4 inches.
between about 20 and 24
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote