Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Offensive line depth (R. Thomas' injury)

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Who do you expect to see starting at right guard on Sunday?
Rinehart 95 76.61%
Montgomery 17 13.71%
Armstrong 12 9.68%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #166
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: Offensive line depth (R. Thomas' injury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Jesus.. STFU about new coaches and QB's and try to act like loyal Redskin fans for once? Let's just see what ahppens this season, or atleast wait till we've played more then 2 games before we start calling for heads.

What the hell is wrong with some of you? lol
What's wrong with us? Where should I begin? I can remember when Zorn was named HC and we were told that he would be installing a high powered scoring offense and a fast moving offense. To tell you the truth I'm still waiting. Nothing has changed since Gibbs2 and it's probably due to the Skins having the same personell, and same coach's.

Some of us may be losing our minds due to yelling at the tv screen or radio for the last 2 yrs. To be truthfull we were told the same thing under Al Saunders. Did we see the "Fast moving, high scoring offense"? Yes we did, but it was New England that had it not the Skins.

Last yr our run game was the staple of the team and Zorn tried to incorporate more passing plays. Little changed. This yr after adding some 130 plays over the summer we keep seeing the same plays all day long with no production. I actually believe the passing game is now the staple of the team cause we have no run game. Can we recall Dorsey or Alridge? I ask cause did you see how the Giants spread themselves out trying to keep Dallas from running to the outside which in effect opened up the middle? Yet when they played us they lined up 8 in the box and all between the tackles. Why? cause we have no outside threat.

What is Hixon teaching the WR's? I watched the Giants and Dallas WR's make it look easy. Why? How? I think it's because they are using curl routes, come backs, and stop and goes. Our WR's simply run a route and hope they can get seperation. Other teams WR's seem to know where the 1st down marker is and actually go beyond it to catch the ball...ours stop 5 yrds short and don't get YAC.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2009, 02:45 PM   #167
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Oh, and I failed to mention how JC seems to blast the ball to his WR's within 15 yrds of him. Over throws the long ball. and changes into the wrong play.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #168
roth74va
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Oh, and I failed to mention how JC seems to blast the ball to his WR's within 15 yrds of him. Over throws the long ball. and changes into the wrong play.
Such a hater.....who cares how hard the ball is thrown, if it hits your hands your gonna cry, right?
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:51 PM   #169
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by roth74va View Post
Such a hater.....who cares how hard the ball is thrown, if it hits your hands your gonna cry, right?

Yeah, Ok, Tell that to Sellers who had the ball blasted at him with in 10 yrds and watched the ball go through his hands. Might have been a TD, maybe not. ...but lets not put blame where blame is due and coddle the QB. Better yet lets enable him and tell him he's doing well and keep doing it, then blame Sellers for not making the catch.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #170
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Yeah, Ok, Tell that to Sellers who had the ball blasted at him with in 10 yrds and watched the ball go through his hands. Might have been a TD, maybe not. ...but lets not put blame where blame is due and coddle the QB. Better yet lets enable him and tell him he's doing well and keep doing it, then blame Sellers for not making the catch.
Tell that to Sellers, I'm sure he would tell you otherwise.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:58 PM   #171
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Are you kidding? You can't ask for a better throw than the one Campbell dropped right in Sellerss hands over the defender
Old 09-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #172
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

As to the Sellers throw, it was perfect and in stride. Sellers was furious with himself for dropping it.

The throw to Thomas was a rocket but it hit him in the chest and hands. He has got to make that catch. Period!

Campbell played well given the calls. He missed the first throw to Kelly but Zorn never went back to it.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #173
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Rinehart just named the starter.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:20 PM   #174
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Are you kidding? You can't ask for a better throw than the one Campbell dropped right in Sellerss hands over the defender
Perfect pass and it definitely didn't have too much mustard on it.

Sellers flat out dropped it.

I can't believe this is even a discussion.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #175
dgack
The Starter

John Elway shouldn't have thrown short passes so hard either.
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:27 PM   #176
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Sellers on his drop:

"Win or no win, Mike Sellers was ticked Sunday afternoon. He kept his back to the locker room. He answered questions tersely, his voice low and quiet. He pretty hurriedly left the room through a back door. I ran into him as he was leaving the facility, while he was stopping to joke with some kids and sign some autographs. I told him he looked pissed off.

"I am pissed off," he said. "I dropped a touchdown. I'm one of the guys you depend on, and I had it in my hands, and I didn't catch it. I didn't come through with what I was preaching to everybody else all week long."

Rage was trickling out through his eyes. You've never seen a victorious player fume like this. I asked whether the win didn't make him feel better.

"No," he said. "We won, yeah, but my performance, I'm not happy with it. I'm not. I've got to be hard on myself, because I expect more out of myself. Lack of concentration. Don't worry about it, I'll be on the JUGS machine, working on it.""

D.C. Sports Bog - The Redskins' Post-Rams Grumpiness
Old 09-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #177
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Who said this.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:30 PM   #178
MTK
\m/

Redskins Insider - Rinehart's Ready for His Big Break (Updated)
Old 09-21-2009, 03:30 PM   #179
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Who said this.
I think right now that is just an assumption from Redskins Insider, nothing official on the Redskins website.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:32 PM   #180
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Because we've got nothing else at this point. When Zorn said in his presser "we're looking for someone who can start for us," I was pretty darn concerned. To go into the season with a line as old and injury prone as ours, to not have solid back ups in whom we have confidence is just... well... stupid as hell really.

Frankly I have NO confidence in Rinehart. We're going to start a guy who has never even been active in a real NFL game? Yikes.