Media Bias

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-07-2017, 09:04 AM   #166
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Media Bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
how did they threaten free speech? that right quarentees americans the right to say whatever they want. it says nothing about the repercussions from that right. they went to interview that kid. so what? did that mean his dad had every right to punch that reporter in the mouth?
CNN is not publishing ‘HanA**holeSolo’s’ name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.

. . .
CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.

This is certainly a threat from a mega corporation (in this case a media organization) to silence free speech of a private citizen. There is simply no excuse to blackmail anybody's right to free speech.

More fake news from CNN Jim Acosta:

CNN's Jim Acosta gets fact about intelligence community's Russia assessment wrong, calls it 'fake news'

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-07-2017, 09:08 AM   #167
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
The hold report about CNN has been disproven as "fake news".
unfortunately CNN published the threat to the entire world on the front page of their website. The snowflakes were upset at a Trump GIF. SAD!

He Gets Us
Old 07-07-2017, 10:10 AM   #168
dmek25
MVP

chico, like i have said, so what if they publish his name? it was a harmless joke( as far as im concerned)
Old 07-07-2017, 11:36 AM   #169
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
unfortunately CNN published the threat to the entire world on the front page of their website. The snowflakes were upset at a Trump GIF. SAD!

If it upsets you so much just stop watching them.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:54 PM   #170
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Trump was never even given a chance to govern, the smear was on immediately because cnn was unhappy with the results. Never before has a news org looked the other way with one administration and 180 to attack another. It's obvious to many. Running everything from fat shaming within the whitehouse, to wild conspiracy dossiers, collusion theories...none of it is fact based. Zero. It's fake news.

I guess we all saw the cnn producer video saying it is a witch hunt and there is most likely no evidence of collusion. He said its ratings motivated.

Basically keep pushing fake news and conspiracy theories for money. Pretty terrible to mislead the public like this.
Go grab yourself in the pussy!
Trump ran his campaign on bullying and lies. He is being treated with the same dignity and respect he has shown while running for office.

Like moody asked, what's your end game?
You never answered G1's question a while back about reputable news sources you read.
Why is that?
Don't want to link to the Daily Stormer?
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:56 PM   #171
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
chico, like i have said, so what if they publish his name? it was a harmless joke( as far as im concerned)
The jackass that created the meme doesn't want to be outed as the racist he is.
I find this true of most trump supporters.

Interesting read:
I Found HanAssholeSolo’s anti-Semitic Posts. Then, the Death Threats Started. - POLITICO Magazine
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:05 PM   #172
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Go grab yourself in the pussy!
Trump ran his campaign on bullying and lies. He is being treated with the same dignity and respect he has shown while running for office.

Like moody asked, what's your end game?
You never answered G1's question a while back about reputable news sources you read.
Why is that?
Don't want to link to the Daily Stormer?

Honestly my bad I didn't respond...but I think the entire convo has the same big picture idea of a more honest, fact based news reporting properly sourced and vetted. Mixing in of opinion is perfectly fine, but it shouldn't be one sided. Media should be representing a more accurate picture of the country. And when I say media, I'm talking major news orgs NBC,cbs, abc, cnn, etc. I'd even like to see wapost and major print news orgs be more responsible in an unbiased opinion. In terms of fox, MSNBC, huffington, briebart, etc...I don't consider them prominent news org. They come off like a joke because of its more opinion based, editorial...actually ranting.

I'm really concerned too of how social media has integrated into how people get news. The phenomenon of "fake news" of total bs stories is a huge story imo. 60 mins did a great story on it. But my belief is if people are believing this fake news then they are actually certainly being influenced by a biased presentation by major news orgs.

Where do I get my news? All over...I watch NBC for local and national primarily. Lil cnn, less fox...some bbc for European news. Ill read a lil Chicago tribune, Richmond times, and a lil wash post. But it's not what I watch by how I watch...I'm conscious about presentation as much as the content. By Presentation I mean choice of language, context, interview choices, choice of stats etc. I keep an open mind.

He Gets Us
Old 07-07-2017, 08:21 PM   #173
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Chico,Donald trump has given guys like you a way out by screaming fake news.This is a not an attack on you but since this country came to be politicians and the press have not agreed,the press has kept this country and the poloticians honest now trump and his supporters want a free pass on being held accountable.That is what is funny about your claim all off a sudden of fake news.Didn't see anyone from Obama's camp screaming fake news about the birth certificate.Yes they argued it was a story that wasn't true but all the press did was print the story the republicans were the ones PLANTING phony stories.Wasn't the press with fake news the stories were put out fake by others(yes Dems too)the news groupes just reported them.Great interview with Charlie Rose about Trump and him calling the press the enemy Trump’s Tweets: Charlie Rose on Trump’s Attacks on Media | Fortune.com

Trump is putting out false statements and they are getting reported.This country is great becuase of free speech and people who scream fake news do nothing but hurt it.Politicians for centuries have been arguing their rights and wrongs in and with the press ,now trump is special,he loved all press before this ,there was no such thing as false or bad press.Trump is a liar,I know from personal experience and no media outlet will or can change what I know as fact.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:36 PM   #174
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Chico,Donald trump has given guys like you a way out by screaming fake news.This is a not an attack on you but since this country came to be politicians and the press have not agreed,the press has kept this country and the poloticians honest now trump and his supporters want a free pass on being held accountable.That is what is funny about your claim all off a sudden of fake news.Didn't see anyone from Obama's camp screaming fake news about the birth certificate.Yes they argued it was a story that wasn't true but all the press did was print the story the republicans were the ones PLANTING phony stories.Wasn't the press with fake news the stories were put out fake by others(yes Dems too)the news groupes just reported them.Great interview with Charlie Rose about Trump and him calling the press the enemy Trump’s Tweets: Charlie Rose on Trump’s Attacks on Media | Fortune.com

Trump is putting out false statements and they are getting reported.This country is great becuase of free speech and people who scream fake news do nothing but hurt it.Politicians for centuries have been arguing their rights and wrongs in and with the press ,now trump is special,he loved all press before this ,there was no such thing as false or bad press.Trump is a liar,I know from personal experience and no media outlet will or can change what I know as fact.
I'm not trying to tell you trump isn't a liar. I'm not trying to say trump hasn't made contradicting statements and taken contradicting positions especially in the past. I'm not saying he has outstanding character.

But I'll say this, this country is great, it's always been great and it's only great because of its people. Turn everything off and go out in your community.

He Gets Us
Old 07-08-2017, 10:23 AM   #175
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I'm not trying to tell you trump isn't a liar. I'm not trying to say trump hasn't made contradicting statements and taken contradicting positions especially in the past. I'm not saying he has outstanding character.

But I'll say this, this country is great, it's always been great and it's only great because of its people. Turn everything off and go out in your community.
Yes this country is great,it's been great always has been or at least until Trump started the make america great again BS.Did anyone come out against that ,yes ,the media reported it but people sad that was fake news.Chico how do you defend Kellyanne Conway with her"alternative facts",they are lies simply lies.Yet you attack CNN,NBC,CBS,The Washington Post and the New York Times for they slanted views or there choice of words or the facts they use?That is a double standard.
I am 61 years old my Dad use to bring home two or three newspapers a day from NYC and I would read them and it was interesting to see the viewpoint different papers had on the same issue.Does it make what anyone of them said "fake" ,no.To this day on a Sunday morning my family(in NJ) still gets ,The Times,NY Post,The Sunday Star Ledger and the Sunday Asbury Park Press and when I am up there on a Sunday I will also buy the NY Daily News.I gather my opinion not from one source but a multitude of source's.
You are right about social media they are the one's who pretend to be real media are not but many times taken and treated like they are .All I am saying is it is time for you to start to look at the person who created the message instead of wanting to shoot the messenger.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:40 AM   #176
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Kellyanne Conway before selling out ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-uLXgXB874
Old 07-08-2017, 07:41 PM   #177
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

So Chico, is Ivanka representing Papa Trump and the US at a meeting of world leaders ok or is it more fake news?
Old 07-08-2017, 08:38 PM   #178
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
So Chico, is Ivanka representing Papa Trump and the US at a meeting of world leaders ok or is it more fake news?
I haven't heard about it yet...just sat down. But I think out of the entire trump clan she is the most impressive.

Just read the cnn article which I had to laugh at a lil bit. It's funny how they tend to bury some facts instead of stating them promptly in the lead portion of the article which would give context.

Ivanka Trump briefly sits in for her father at G20 - CNNPolitics.com

Couple things: When other leaders stepped out, their seats were also briefly filled by others," the official added. ....throw away sentence which paraphrased means this is normal when world leaders step away an official from his delegation fills. She is an official as an advisor.

Also:Ivanka was sitting in the back and then briefly joined the main table when the President had to step out, and the president of the World Bank started talking as the topic involved areas such as African development -- areas that will benefit from the facility just announced by the World Bank," the official said, referencing a initiative Ivanka Trump has spearheaded that looks to fund women entrepreneurs.

Interesting...but leaves the reader saying which initiative? Well let's pause to bash trump and ivanka some more.... oh hear it is in the second to last sentence of the article: Ivanka, along with World Bank President Jim Yong Kim and Merkel, helped launch the World Bank-backed program that will promote women's entrepreneurship in developing countries.

Cnn is a shit news org for sure that presents information in an unclear and biased manor.

Why can't we just celebrate the fact ivanka is leading an effort to raise woman up across the world? That's worth noting and taking about.

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 07-08-2017 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-09-2017, 02:45 AM   #179
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I agree, out of the Trump clan Ivanka is probably the one I consider most level-headed. However, even if she just held the chair for a few minutes, I feel like there are other more qualified people that would have been a better pick. Of course, almost none of Trump's subordinates (besides Pence) have any solid political experience so it probably wouldn't make a difference who sits in the chair. But Ivanka doesn't hold a title, isn't held to the same standard as a politician (considering she hasn't been sworn in for any job), and basically is where she's at now because of her father. Not to mention two weeks ago she said she stays out of politics, so why is she the best choice to hold down the fort while he has better things to do?

Admittedly, there are far worse things I feel Trump has done, and like I said I doubt it makes a difference. But he lacks tact, and a feel for how things are done, and this is just the latest example.

Also I'm not going to argue on the CNN thing, I don't care about them, and neither do millennials like myself who are just concerned about making livable wages in the future. CNN might be popular with the old white liberal crowd, but they are just on the far end of the spectrum, much like Fox is with the old white conservative crowd.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:09 AM   #180
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I agree, out of the Trump clan Ivanka is probably the one I consider most level-headed. However, even if she just held the chair for a few minutes, I feel like there are other more qualified people that would have been a better pick. Of course, almost none of Trump's subordinates (besides Pence) have any solid political experience so it probably wouldn't make a difference who sits in the chair. But Ivanka doesn't hold a title, isn't held to the same standard as a politician (considering she hasn't been sworn in for any job), and basically is where she's at now because of her father. Not to mention two weeks ago she said she stays out of politics, so why is she the best choice to hold down the fort while he has better things to do?

Admittedly, there are far worse things I feel Trump has done, and like I said I doubt it makes a difference. But he lacks tact, and a feel for how things are done, and this is just the latest example.

Also I'm not going to argue on the CNN thing, I don't care about them, and neither do millennials like myself who are just concerned about making livable wages in the future. CNN might be popular with the old white liberal crowd, but they are just on the far end of the spectrum, much like Fox is with the old white conservative crowd.

I agree with 100% of everything you said!Good Post.