^ exactly...the spin is egregious.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-08-2017, 12:26 PM   #167
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

While the districts voted the same way in terms of winner/losers, the voter turnout was higher for both the Democratic and Republican candidates.

In 2013, approximately 2,240,000 voters participated in the gubernatorial election.
In 2017, approximately 2,600,000 voters participated in the gubernatorial election.

While both major candidate parties gained significant votes, the Dems gained almost 350K in votes, while the Republican gained only 150K (meanwhile, Libertarian candidate went from 140K to 12K.

I would suggest Trump's 2016 win was fueled in some party by significant voter apathy from the left. Pretty sure that ain't happening in 2020. Not sure what the next three years hold, but pretty sure the country is going to continue with its polarization.

My prediction: Increased chauvinism on the right, increased identity politics on the left, and a continued decline in intellectual debate and the competition of ideas.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:47 PM   #168
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
While the districts voted the same way in terms of winner/losers, the voter turnout was higher for both the Democratic and Republican candidates.

In 2013, approximately 2,240,000 voters participated in the gubernatorial election.
In 2017, approximately 2,600,000 voters participated in the gubernatorial election.

While both major candidate parties gained significant votes, the Dems gained almost 350K in votes, while the Republican gained only 150K (meanwhile, Libertarian candidate went from 140K to 12K.

I would suggest Trump's 2016 win was fueled in some party by significant voter apathy from the left. Pretty sure that ain't happening in 2020. Not sure what the next three years hold, but pretty sure the country is going to continue with its polarization.

My prediction: Increased chauvinism on the right, increased identity politics on the left, and a continued decline in intellectual debate and the competition of ideas.
and continued ad revenue for major media companies. Because they chose the content to sow discontent. It would be fun to focus on education, energy, immigration and hard extremely complex issues. But fuck that, let’s talk about what frat wore a non pc Halloween costumes that went viral. Fuckin country full of morons.

He Gets Us
Old 11-08-2017, 02:26 PM   #169
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I agree with you on that Chico.

I also don't think the real story is Northam winning, it's the swing of seats in the House of Delegates. Not sure who has the majority now, but I know the left gained some seats.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:47 PM   #170
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I agree with you on that Chico.

I also don't think the real story is Northam winning, it's the swing of seats in the House of Delegates. Not sure who has the majority now, but I know the left gained some seats.
Real story is where is the transgender dude gonna pee in the state capital? Get your popcorn ready for for more shit that affects no one but a minute minority while the kids of Richmond City get some of the worst public education on the east coast. Fuck’m, they’re just kids.

He Gets Us
Old 11-08-2017, 03:16 PM   #171
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Upsets or not it’s still relevant news.
.........and definitely "not fake".
Old 11-08-2017, 03:32 PM   #172
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
.........and definitely "not fake".
It's fake if it is given as some sort of proof that the electorate is turning or starkly different then last year.

If you want to argue about the term fake, then let's say the tenor of the opinion pieces is another reason why many, including me, see an immense bias in the media.

The fact that the expected winners won is not fake news. To make more of it then that either is a display of opinionated bias, or falsehoods disguised as fact.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:38 PM   #173
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post

I agree about the apathy, but I also think it was fueled by the demonization of those who hold values contrary to the progressive movement's appointed ones. I think that and a growing economy will push more away from the extreme wing of the Democratic party that has overtaken it.

With that being said, your a stinkhead, and you write too many big words so your bad!!!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:47 PM   #174
Giantone
Gamebreaker

How do you not feel embarrassed with this man representing you.

This is right on the money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPnj9L-Pkx8
Old 11-08-2017, 03:52 PM   #175
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
How do you not feel embarrassed with this man representing you.

This is right on the money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPnj9L-Pkx8
As long as the economy improves, man can do no wrong. Haven't you been paying attention?
Old 11-08-2017, 04:04 PM   #176
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
As long as the economy improves, man can do no wrong. Haven't you been paying attention?
The deplorable that elected trump.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...porters-215800
Old 11-08-2017, 04:05 PM   #177
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
You mean Obama's economy?
Old 11-08-2017, 04:19 PM   #178
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
You mean Obama's economy?
Nah, Obama's was garbage. Trump is the real deal.

Economy > literally everything else. He could come out and say white people are the master race and nothing would change.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:37 PM   #179
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Nah, Obama's was garbage. Trump is the real deal.

Economy > literally everything else. He could come out and say white people are the master race and nothing would change.
That's my point trump has done nothing but ride out what Obama put into place.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:41 PM   #180
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
That's my point trump has done nothing but ride out what Obama put into place.
Lol just wow. Giantone you are awesome.

He Gets Us