Hell, I'll start one up!

Advertisements
Old 01-31-2017, 06:04 PM   #167
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: I Got All Sorts of Warpath Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
That was PaulSkinsFan from the thread I posted earlier. He tracked down SmootSmack in the real world and was sending him real world hate mail and sh**. (I think that's what SS told me). Also, as you can imagine, I was not his favorite either. He would send me PM's and sometimes post things like -

"You should be more careful about your posts. I'm sure [My Actual Employer] would not be happy about you posting on company time. "

or

"You really screwed up that [Case I actually worked on]; Maybe I should let [My Employer] know you were too busy posting on the Warpath to prepare for it."

Creepy as sh**.

Folks from the Warpath I have actually met:
Daseal
TheMalcolmConnection
SammyBaughFan (Nice enough guy in person)

Also, the guy who used to do the Camp Reports for us. He wanted to be a reporter but didn't have any credentials. "Joe" somebody I think. He used to give us great reports back before the days of twitter and social media but then he tried to get actual press credentials as a "Warpath reporter" and the Skins basically said "Uhh, No. Handwritten cards saying "I am a member of the Press' aren't actually press credentials." I don't know the entire backstory but I just remember he was pissed about something and then shortly thereafter just disappeared. Too bad to, he really was a good guy and could always be counted on to make sure we knew everyone's favorite pie.
Damn that is creepy as shit. No wonder SS left. That guy might've had hacker connections that could dig up your real identity.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:25 PM   #168
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
WTF dude, how quickly you forget about our Zesty evening with JSarno in San Diego!
Shit!! So sorry! How could I forget all that zestiness!
Old 02-01-2017, 10:11 AM   #169
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Damn that is creepy as shit. No wonder SS left. That guy might've had hacker connections that could dig up your real identity.
Is that why SS left? I mean, I can definitely understand. Just seems like going back through the old threads, he had been around for quite a long time, I would find it difficult to leave a forum that I was not only heavily involved in, but modding as well. Then again, if you have crazies like that who actually show up and track you down, well, that probably IS a good reason to say it's not worth it.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:23 PM   #170
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

damn im want to click on the boob thread but Im at fuckin work....shit

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:28 PM   #171
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Is that why SS left? I mean, I can definitely understand. Just seems like going back through the old threads, he had been around for quite a long time, I would find it difficult to leave a forum that I was not only heavily involved in, but modding as well. Then again, if you have crazies like that who actually show up and track you down, well, that probably IS a good reason to say it's not worth it.

He left when things got crazy about Gruden, Cousins, Griff - the shit was hitting the fan for the Redskins, and on here. You can imagine the comments on here about RG-3. He said he needed to take a break for a while. There was just insanity flying around in here. I wish I could remember the thread.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:51 AM   #172
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
damn im want to click on the boob thread but Im at fuckin work....shit
It's a wonderful thread Chico! But, the same with me! I also have to be careful at home as well! But man, what great contributions from our Warpath faithful!
Old 02-02-2017, 09:53 AM   #173
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
He left when things got crazy about Gruden, Cousins, Griff - the shit was hitting the fan for the Redskins, and on here. You can imagine the comments on here about RG-3. He said he needed to take a break for a while. There was just insanity flying around in here. I wish I could remember the thread.
It's just funny though, because reading back through the old threads and the ones in the hell forum, I think the forum has always had a tendency to get kind of crazy when something big happened. Just what I seemed to gather at least. Hopefully his taking a break is just that, not a permanent vacay.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:00 AM   #174
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
It's just funny though, because reading back through the old threads and the ones in the hell forum, I think the forum has always had a tendency to get kind of crazy when something big happened. Just what I seemed to gather at least. Hopefully his taking a break is just that, not a permanent vacay.

Yeah I hear you. Again I wish I could remember the thread that garnered his exit. Lol. If I had time to dig i would - maybe Matty or Schneed or someone would be able to find his last post easier. Let's just say I was not shocked. It was getting really stupid.
I am still holding out hope he will come back too!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 11:11 AM   #175
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

So it was April 2015 and in a matter of days my 2nd child was born, my mother passed away and I began a new job. All three required much of my attention. Most surprisingly all the work that was (still is involved) in dealing with my mother's estate.

So to be clear, it was my own personal life and responsibilities that led me to stop posting on here. It wasn't any thread or post (although there was a stretch when things had settled down a bit that I was on here but the posts were all paragraph-long back and forths between just two of you). I let Matty know in late 2015 that with everything going on I just couldn't really contribute to the Warpath anymore and offered to relinquish my moderator title. Matty was kind enough to leave me with a Moderator Emeritus title

As for the personal threats that one poster made against me. Yeah it sucked, but I stayed on long after that incident. I'm still around on the interwebs (in places I kind of need to be for work), still talking Skins and sharing info when I can. But unfortunately I just don't have the time I used to that would allow me to be a regular contributor here anymore.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:23 AM   #176
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

SS! So awesome to see you. Hope you and the family are doing great...
Old 02-02-2017, 11:37 AM   #177
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So it was April 2015 and in a matter of days my 2nd child was born, my mother passed away and I began a new job. All three required much of my attention. Most surprisingly all the work that was (still is involved) in dealing with my mother's estate.

So to be clear, it was my own personal life and responsibilities that led me to stop posting on here. It wasn't any thread or post (although there was a stretch when things had settled down a bit that I was on here but the posts were all paragraph-long back and forths between just two of you). I let Matty know in late 2015 that with everything going on I just couldn't really contribute to the Warpath anymore and offered to relinquish my moderator title. Matty was kind enough to leave me with a Moderator Emeritus title

As for the personal threats that one poster made against me. Yeah it sucked, but I stayed on long after that incident. I'm still around on the interwebs (in places I kind of need to be for work), still talking Skins and sharing info when I can. But unfortunately I just don't have the time I used to that would allow me to be a regular contributor here anymore.
dude comeback when you can!!!! good to hear from you

Oh SS, you know always got a question...long term deal gonna get done?

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 02-02-2017 at 11:57 AM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:22 PM   #178
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

I'm pretty sure the Moderator Emeritus is a lifetime title. Doesn't get more longterm than that
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:30 PM   #179
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

Good to hear from you! Good luck with the kids!

Sorry for your loss.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:20 PM   #180
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:

I give it about a 45% chance at the moment. Scot and Jay are on the same page. Think others may need a little more convincing