Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #166
Gary84Clark

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

Shannahan - this is what a QB prospect looks like. Not Grossman and damn sure not Beck.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #167
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Washington Redskins vs. Carolina Panthers - Box Score - October 23, 2011 - ESPN

Yes he had one KR and one PR. Just face it. The guy hasn't done anything this year and is a waste of a roster spot at this point. The week prior he was taking kicks 9 yards deep in the end zone and not even making it to the 15 yard line. He's had plenty of opportunity and nothing to show for it at this point.

I agree Banks needs to hit the bricks, the guy is doing nothing but putting us in poor field position. For the record he is still a fresh breath of air over ARE.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #168
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

I think another thing worth noting is that Orakpo is completely useless aside from the two or three plays a game he either gets or comes close to a sack.

His tackling and play recognition at linebacker is brutal.. I love the guy, but we need more from our best player.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #169
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I agree Banks needs to hit the bricks, the guy is doing nothing but putting us in poor field position. For the record he is still a fresh breath of air over ARE.
I'd love to know what the punt stats are for the guys punting to Banks. It seems they are kicking higher shorter punts so coverage can force more fair catches.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:42 PM   #170
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

Secondary - take your pick. CB is a glaring need on this team. Unless we get consistent pressure good offenses will light us up like yesterday. Never thought I could miss Carlos so much.

Run D - we can't stop the run. More specifically we can't stop quick, speedy, dinky, inside runs. Our D-line is invisible. Everyone else overpursues. Apparently Rak has only one move - straight beelines to the QB. If he's asked to do anything else it's usually a disaster. Anyways this is bad, we won't stop anyone until we can contain the run.

Jamaal Brown - hate this guy... luckily he's signed thru 2015 Can we get Heyer back?
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:00 PM   #171
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
Secondary - take your pick. CB is a glaring need on this team. Unless we get consistent pressure good offenses will light us up like yesterday. Never thought I could miss Carlos so much.

Run D - we can't stop the run. More specifically we can't stop quick, speedy, dinky, inside runs. Our D-line is invisible. Everyone else overpursues. Apparently Rak has only one move - straight beelines to the QB. If he's asked to do anything else it's usually a disaster. Anyways this is bad, we won't stop anyone until we can contain the run.

Jamaal Brown - hate this guy... luckily he's signed thru 2015 Can we get Heyer back?
You know I was thinking this morning- Locklear looked pretty darn good yesterday filling in for Trent, even though his natural position is RT. I wonder if Shanny would consider starting him over Brown at RT when we get Trent back from injury? IMO it would be an upgrade. Brown just hasn't been the guy we hoped he'd be.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #172
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Locklear's a natural RT? I thought he was an LT? Anyhow, I think we've done quite a solid job running the ball to the right side and JB has played no small part in that. His pass blocking has left something to be desired, though
Old 10-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #173
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Locklear's a natural RT? I thought he was an LT? Anyhow, I think we've done quite a solid job running the ball to the right side and JB has played no small part in that. His pass blocking has left something to be desired, though
Agree about the run blocking but both Rex and Beck have gotten splattered because of his lack of agility and poor feet in pass pro.

And I thought Locklear was a RT the majority of the time he was in Seattle? Walter Jones was the LT most of the time he was there, right?
Old 10-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #174
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

We got bigger holes to fill this offseason. Oline I think has been relatively strong this year. Always could use stronger interior depth, but Big Mo, Cook are getting opportunities to solidify that now. Locklear is a very solid player and was an excellent pick up by shanny and bruce

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #175
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Agree about the run blocking but both Rex and Beck have gotten splattered because of his lack of agility and poor feet in pass pro.

And I thought Locklear was a RT the majority of the time he was in Seattle? Walter Jones was the LT most of the time he was there, right?
Yeah I guess he kind of bounced back and forth. Though he was actually drafted to be a guard
Old 10-24-2011, 01:26 PM   #176
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post

Heyer passed away yesterday.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #177
Bucket
Playmaker

Rocky McLazy

Cam Newton Stuffed at the Goal Line Against the Redskins - YouTube

Just watch his A+ effort on that play. What can't Riley do that he's doing right now? lol
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:08 PM   #178
GMScud
Swearinger

I'd like to smack down our organization as a whole over the last 5 seasons against rookie QB's. Since 2006 we've played 7 games against rookie QB's. Our record? 0-7. Massive fail. We've lost to everyone from Cam Newton, Joe Flacco, and Sam Bradford, all the way down to Bruce Gradkowski. Eeesh.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #179
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I'd like to smack down our organization as a whole over the last 5 seasons against rookie QB's. Since 2006 we've played 7 games against rookie QB's. Our record? 0-7. Massive fail. We've lost to everyone from Cam Newton, Joe Flacco, and Sam Bradford, all the way down to Bruce Gradkowski. Eeesh.
This is why I mentioned in another thread that we will lose to Ponder and the Vikes later in the season.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #180
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
This is why I mentioned in another thread that we will lose to Ponder and the Vikes later in the season.
Maybe Ponder gets nicked up and McNabb has a chance to get his revenge...and fail to do so.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote