Domestic terrorism

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-13-2016, 10:48 AM   #166
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
His parents and others are saying he was a homophobe and the Islamic stuff is a smoke screen.
But he said ISIS. That's all you can really go on.

Either way, we have two significant problems:

1) it's too easy for American citizens to get their hands on guns. Murder and suicide rates are lower in other developed countries who have gun control laws. Some find another way, but overall the rate is lower. That screams that we need major gun control and that the 2nd amendment needs to go.

2) If you create a paper trail or voice recording that shows you pledge allegiance to ISIS, you should be treated as an enemy of the state and a combatant. You should be captured and tried for treason, or killed just as an enemy soldier would on a battlefield. We should be at war with these people within our own borders. It matters not whether they are/were US citizens.

Advertisements
Old 06-13-2016, 11:00 AM   #167
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
His parents and others are saying he was a homophobe and the Islamic stuff is a smoke screen.
While its quite obvious he was anti-gay, there is substantial evidence he was certainly attracted to radical Islamic ideology. The FBI twice investigating him, possible ties to Moner Mohammad Abu-Salha, the call to pledge support to ISIS, Boston Bombers talk of support, the shouting of "god is great" during the shoot up with police....its clear. I certainly think it can be dual motives...certainly we know the torture of gays by ISIS and the persecution of gays in the middle east in general.

I not buying into the narrative by his father, I think folks who want to believe that will. In looking into the father's background, WP has found some interesting things: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...f93_story.html

"But Seddique Mateen appeared to maintain a strong affiliation to Afghanistan, hosting a television show broadcast from California that weighed in on the country’s political affairs.

He also filmed dozens of sparsely viewed, rambling YouTube videos portraying himself as an important Afghan analyst and leader.

In one video, the elder Mateen expresses gratitude toward the Afghan Taliban while denouncing the Pakistani government.

[Shifting portraits emerge of shooter as authorities seek clues of terrorism ties]

Our brothers in Waziristan, our warrior brothers in [the] Taliban movement and national Afghan Taliban are rising up,” he said. “Inshallah, the Durand Line issue will be solved soon.”

Tough to believe a guy like this...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:10 PM   #168
Schneed10
A Dude

There's all that, and there's also, I don't know, the little fact that 20 minutes after he started shooting he called 911 and told the 911 operators that he pledged allegiance to ISIS.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:42 PM   #169
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
But he said ISIS. That's all you can really go on.

Either way, we have two significant problems:

1) it's too easy for American citizens to get their hands on guns. Murder and suicide rates are lower in other developed countries who have gun control laws. Some find another way, but overall the rate is lower. That screams that we need major gun control and that the 2nd amendment needs to go.

2) If you create a paper trail or voice recording that shows you pledge allegiance to ISIS, you should be treated as an enemy of the state and a combatant. You should be captured and tried for treason, or killed just as an enemy soldier would on a battlefield. We should be at war with these people within our own borders. It matters not whether they are/were US citizens.
I agree with you that these two points are a problem. Unfortunately, many people are going to use point #2, to disregard or take the focus away from point #1.

It seems that even the threat of terrorism, which has led this country to do some questionable things, will not be strong enough to negatively affect the political power of the gun lobby in this country.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:45 PM   #170
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Can we please not be to quick to use....."that which cannot be named"?
Could there not be some other explanation? Perhaps, The dreaded Amish on a weekend bender??
Really??? Some of the Sons of Islam that have adopted the mantra of Radical Islamic Teaching could be terrorists. They need to be Profiled and Hunted down and killed like the cock roaches they are. Sorry Mr. President, that's right....they're RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISTS..... Try saying that a couple times. You'll feel better!
It's not about guns now any more than it was about "Pipe" in the pipe bombs in Boston. Or any more than it was about Jetliners.....Or box cutters on 9/11.
Remember the expression "When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns"? Truth. Do we expect Issis to turn theirs in? Or not just bring their's across our wide ass open borders? They've proven time and again, there are...far more effective means available.
What do we want it ban? Pipe? Passenger jets...box cutters(how would we open boxes)
It's about people. People we do not understand. We cannot apply conventional thinking to them or this problem. As has been stated, we are at war. They understand that, but to date.....sadly we do not.
God Bless those that lost their lives needlessly, those that still suffer and the families that always will.......
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:58 PM   #171
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Could there not be some other explanation? Perhaps, The dreaded Amish on a weekend bender??
Really??? Some of the Sons of Islam that have adopted the mantra of Radical Islamic Teaching could be terrorists. They need to be Profiled and Hunted down and killed like the cock roaches they are. Sorry Mr. President, that's right....they're RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISTS..... Try saying that a couple times. You'll feel better!
It's not about guns now any more than it was about "Pipe" in the pipe bombs in Boston. Or any more than it was about Jetliners.....Or box cutters on 9/11.
Remember the expression "When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns"? Truth. Do we expect Issis to turn theirs in? Or not just bring their's across our wide ass open borders? They've proven time and again, there are...far more effective means available.
What do we want it ban? Pipe? Passenger jets...box cutters(how would we open boxes)
It's about people. People we do not understand. We cannot apply conventional thinking to them or this problem. As has been stated, we are at war. They understand that, but to date.....sadly we do not.
God Bless those that lost their lives needlessly, those that still suffer and the families that always will.......
The Aurora, Columbine, UCLA, Newton, Navy Yard, Charleston, **insert mass shooting location here** were not radical Islamic terrorists. Part of the problem is that we have a powerful political organization that prevents the government from having any type of conversation about gun control.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/adolfoflore...02N#.bxD3dDeN1

The guy in this article, apparently was going to do the same thing that they Orlando lunatic did, and I doubt that he is an radical Islamic terrorist.
R.I.P. #21
Old 06-13-2016, 01:07 PM   #172
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The Aurora, Columbine, UCLA, Newton, Navy Yard, Charleston, **insert mass shooting location here** were not radical Islamic terrorists. Part of the problem is that we have a powerful political organization that prevents the government from having any type of conversation about gun control.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/adolfoflore...02N#.bxD3dDeN1

The guy in this article, apparently was going to do the same thing that they Orlando lunatic did, and I doubt that he is an radical Islamic terrorist.
Would have gun control measures stopped these attacks?

the piece of shit in Charleston should never have been able to buy a gun but the back ground check failed because of big government. So you cant even complete valid gun checks...

So say we do eliminate assault weapons and high capacity mags...the terrorists gonna stop killing us? Is Chicago (strictest gun laws in the history of the country, also murder capital the last 10 years) killings gonna stop?
No and No.

He Gets Us
Old 06-13-2016, 01:11 PM   #173
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Its like folks have forgotten the USS Cole and 9/11. Apologist for terrorists, I never would have thought it...but if you read the internet yesterday they were out in full force. folks were so upset this guy was muslim because the narrative they wanted wasn't gonna come true. Pathetic. absolutely pathetic.

He Gets Us
Old 06-13-2016, 01:14 PM   #174
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Would have gun control measures stopped these attacks?

the piece of shit in Charleston should never have been able to buy a gun but the back ground check failed because of big government. So you cant even complete valid gun checks...

So say we do eliminate assault weapons and high capacity mags...the terrorists gonna stop killing us? Is Chicago (strictest gun laws in the history of the country, also murder capital the last 10 years) killings gonna stop?
No and No.
You can't know until you try. We can't even try, that's my whole point. NRA is always buying off politicians, who block any type of reform.
R.I.P. #21
Old 06-13-2016, 01:17 PM   #175
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Its like folks have forgotten the USS Cole and 9/11. Apologist for terrorists, I never would have thought it...but if you read the internet yesterday they were out in full force. folks were so upset this guy was muslim because the narrative they wanted wasn't gonna come true. Pathetic. absolutely pathetic.
So why doesn't media call the Aurora, Newton, and Charleston domestic terrorists? The only time someone is called a terrorist is when the person is Muslim. No one is apologizing for terrorists; it's just seems that in this country, you are only called a terrorist when you are of a certain religion.

The Orlando shooter was first and foremost a homophobe, the same as the Christian right, the same as the people behind the Bathroom bills in NC, and the same as the people that oppose gay marriage. Except, that some people don't want to make that comparison period, hence the focus on the fact that he was also a radical Muslim terrorist.
R.I.P. #21
Old 06-13-2016, 01:23 PM   #176
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
You can't know until you try. We can't even try, that's my whole point. NRA is always buying off politicians, who block any type of reform.
Gun-control advocates have been pushing for a ban on assault weapons for more than 25 years. This proposal is essentially a political gimmick that confuses people. That is because the term is an arbitrarily defined epithet. A federal ban was in place between 1994 and 2004, but Congress declined to renew it after studies showed it had no crime-reducing impact.

The Costs and Consequences of Gun Control | Cato Institute

good stuff here if you get a chance.

I think we should close the gun show loop hole so we can just align existing policies. I don't think suspected terrorist should have the ability to get a weapon and I also strongly believe people who have serious mental illness should not be allowed to own or posses a fire arm. That being said, It will not stop the amazing high shooting in Chicago, most likely will not limit mass/spree killings and certainly will not stop terrorist from attacking this country.

He Gets Us
Old 06-13-2016, 01:35 PM   #177
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
So why doesn't media call the Aurora, Newton, and Charleston domestic terrorists? The only time someone is called a terrorist is when the person is Muslim. No one is apologizing for terrorists; it's just seems that in this country, you are only called a terrorist when you are of a certain religion.

The Orlando shooter was first and foremost a homophobe, the same as the Christian right, the same as the people behind the Bathroom bills in NC, and the same as the people that oppose gay marriage. Except, that some people don't want to make that comparison period, hence the focus on the fact that he was also a radical Muslim terrorist.
I believe Charleston was a terrorist and I heard folks call him that. those folks in militia men thingy up in Oregon or Washington state were widely called terrorists. So don't know...people tend to hear what they want.

Clearly Aurora was nut, someone who was insane likewise Newton. Newton's case is interesting...folks should read or watch the dateline or 60 minutes about that kid's up bringing, terrible fucking parents. Kid was terribly neglected and that mother was a money grubbing pig. Mom was a gun nut who didn't properly take care of her firearms.

You sound like your mad about the guy being a terrorist, sound like you wanted the religious, white southern guy to go in kill everybody. I know tough, you just gotta face the facts. Guy was a Islamic terrorist who just committed the big mass shooting in US history and the biggest terrorist attack since 9/11.

Eventually you will have to realize we are in a war with Islamic Terrorist. Right now they are committing unprecedented acts of Genocide in the middle east...proudly too. they film it..they enjoy it.

He Gets Us
Old 06-13-2016, 01:44 PM   #178
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
I believe Charleston was a terrorist and I heard folks call him that. those folks in militia men thingy up in Oregon or Washington state were widely called terrorists. So don't know...people tend to hear what they want.

Clearly Aurora was nut, someone who was insane likewise Newton. Newton's case is interesting...folks should read or watch the dateline or 60 minutes about that kid's up bringing, terrible fucking parents. Kid was terribly neglected and that mother was a money grubbing pig. Mom was a gun nut who didn't properly take care of her firearms.

You sound like your mad about the guy being a terrorist, sound like you wanted the religious, white southern guy to go in kill everybody. I know tough, you just gotta face the facts. Guy was a Islamic terrorist who just committed the big mass shooting in US history and the biggest terrorist attack since 9/11.

Eventually you will have to realize we are in a war with Islamic Terrorist. Right now they are committing unprecedented acts of Genocide in the middle east...proudly too. they film it..they enjoy it.
Well a non-Islamic terrorist (or potential terrorist) was just stopped on his way to a pride event in L.A. with weapons and bombs.

I do realize we are at war with Islamic Terrorism. You also need to realize that even if you were to solve the problem with Islamic Terrorism, there are PLENTY of people in the US that would do the same thing that this lunatic did in Orlando, and THAT is also a problem.
R.I.P. #21
Old 06-13-2016, 01:59 PM   #179
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well a non-Islamic terrorist (or potential terrorist) was just stopped on his way to a pride event in L.A. with weapons and bombs.

I do realize we are at war with Islamic Terrorism. You also need to realize that even if you were to solve the problem with Islamic Terrorism, there are PLENTY of people in the US that would do the same thing that this lunatic did in Orlando, and THAT is also a problem.
Yeah I don't know, that's a mighty big assumption you're making...bit unfair.

I think the response and the outpouring support across the country has been great. People forget the strides we've have made...I think the country as a whole has grown very tolerant to the point folks are now getting married in same sex marriages. Things are changing for the better. Sure, you will always have folks who don't want to see that, but I see a lot of tolerance across the country. Thankfully.

Now, you should take a look at the videos of ISIS and their policy with gay folks.

He Gets Us
Old 06-13-2016, 04:19 PM   #180
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Enough is enough. I'll use Switzerland as an example. Everyone in that country is packing. You don't see this shit happening over there? Do you?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote