Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Greg Blache needs to be held accountable!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 02:53 PM   #166
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Greg Blache needs to be held accountable!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
If you make arguments based on generalities with no evidence to back them up then I guess there's no need for stats.

Stats are a record of what happened in each game, stats by themselves don't tell much, it's the interpretation of these stats that's important. For example, as you stated the D isn't getting off the field. Time of Possession and 3rd down % (worst in NFL) back that up. More importantly is "Why?".

I've been taking much more time this week looking at the game and I will be posting my thoughts tomorrow. But from what I've seen so far, a great deal of what is wrong with the defense has to do with Blache and his scheme rather than talent level. A "bend but don't break" D is not what this team needs. You play a bend don't break when your talent level across the board is sub-par from your opponent and you have no choice but to try to hold in the RZ where it's tougher on the O.

Sub-par talent across the board isn't the case with the Redskins. We have Pro Bowl caliber players up the middle at each level.

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post597944

FWIW, here's what I thought after the Giants. From looking at the first half of the Lions game (I'll finish the rest tonight) it appears it's more of the same:

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post590762

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post590657

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post590535

So you don't think I'm just bashing Blache, here's my thoughts on the Rams game:

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post593263
Who are they?

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #167
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Who are they?
Read the link.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:18 PM   #168
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Read the link.
I think you have forgotten more about football then I have ever known. Love reading your post and learning more about the game. Do you or have you coached or played alot of football?
Old 09-29-2009, 03:35 PM   #169
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Oh ok. I think they all played NFL football and have more knowledge than people around here do. And just cause some of you watch film doesn't mean you know what your talking about, or know the details of the schemes. Everyone just wants to cry about the coaching, which could be better. But the real problem is we just don't have the players. But no one wants to hear that.
You think that these announcers and studio guys sit there and break down every game and retain that knowledge throughout the season?

And what makes you the expert on which it is, the players or the coaches? By your theory ex-NFL players would make the best coaches too but we've all seen differently.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:56 PM   #170
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I think you have forgotten more about football then I have ever known. Love reading your post and learning more about the game. Do you or have you coached or played alot of football?
I appreciate the kind words. I've played and/or coached for over 20 years after HS. Never played at any college or pro level (just semi-pro, AF team). I've coached at the HS-level.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #171
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
I have no idea why you are trying to defend the play of the defense?

They are playing like a bunch of clowns probably because they are coached by a clown, but with that amount of talent they should be ashamed of themselves.

They stink.

London Fletcher is the only player who gets a complete free pass because he is and always has been a beast.
If you listen what I'm saying then you'd know that I'm really not defending them. My argument is in Sun. game our guys were in position to make plays, they just didn't make them. They lost their one on one battles. And they didn't make them cause I really don't think we have great players. Not in the secondary, not on the line and we've got one LB that's out of position that got exposed in pass coverage. Now even though all that when has our defense given up 28+ points? This year and last year or since Blache has taken over? When ???
Old 09-29-2009, 05:48 PM   #172
wilsowilso

Quote:
If you listen what I'm saying then you'd know that I'm really not defending them. My argument is in Sun. game our guys were in position to make plays, they just didn't make them. They lost their one on one battles. And they didn't make them cause I really don't think we have great players. Not in the secondary, not on the line and we've got one LB that's out of position that got exposed in pass coverage. Now even though all that when has our defense given up 28+ points? This year and last year or since Blache has taken over? When ???
The cb's and free safety are never ever ever in a position to make a play unless the other team throws a deep ball or an overly agressive intermediate pass. We just freely give away far too much space. It's insane. The other team has coaches who look at our secondary scheme and say to themselves "no problem if you don't want us to throw deep we won't throw deep. You can win that deep battle all day while we pitch and catch shorter routes and move freely up and down the field on your clown shoes scheme."
Old 09-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #173
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

I've heard on several occasions and Blache has even admitted it. One time he said he made a wrong call leaving D Hall on a island and he made a bad call having the safeties play so far back on that first down Stafford ran for on 3rd and 13. If you tell your players to line up ain certain schemes and or how many people rush and how many people stay in coverage then you can affect a players ability to make a play. When you don't tell your players to press more or bump and run and give the WR a 10 yards cushion. How do you give some one a 10 yard cushion when they need like 7 yards for a first down. That's on the Coach. Now if they miss tackles. Drop interceptions or get burnt. Which has been happening to. That's a little different. But the coach still has to correct those problems also. I dont care if he has them hitting the tackling dummy all practice. You make them correct their mistakes.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
Old 09-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #174
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
The cb's and free safety are never ever ever in a position to make a play unless the other team throws a deep ball or an overly agressive intermediate pass. We just freely give away far too much space. It's insane. The other team has coaches who look at our secondary scheme and say to themselves "no problem if you don't want us to throw deep we won't throw deep. You can win that deep battle all day while we pitch and catch shorter routes and move freely up and down the field on your clown shoes scheme."
We must have been thinking the same thing..lol

Also, check out NFC Playbook as they talk about our defensive woes. They are making some of the same points we were making here. So if you missed it check it out when it comes on again later on and pay attention.

YOU will also see how the o-line got man handled on that 4 and 1 and also that the kicker was franchised because he is that good. He is 10-10 in kicks over 50 yards.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21

Last edited by dmvskinzfan08; 09-29-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #175
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
So what would you do? Put Hall, Rogers or Smoot in bump and run against Calvin Johnson? They've already shown that they're not capable of covering or tackleling Mario Manningham. What makes you think they can cover Calvin Johnson??? Especially w/out a pass rush.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #176
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

It's nice to see Blache man up today! Hopefully that translates to a bigger defensive effort this weekend. With my boy Doughty on the field, I know someone is going to get hit like Flavor Flav's crackpipe.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #177
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
It's nice to see Blache man up today! Hopefully that translates to a bigger defensive effort this weekend. With my boy Doughty on the field, I know someone is going to get hit like Flavor Flav's crackpipe.
What did he say?
Old 10-01-2009, 04:54 PM   #178
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

"Quite candidly, in 2009, things got bad, somebody's got to go under the bus. Being the leader of this defense, I should be under the bus, and I'll dive under," Blache said. "If somebody won't throw me, I'll dive under. Because going under the bus, you hurt your feelings a little bit. And at worst you might end up with skid marks on both sides of your shorts."

Redskins Insider - Blache Dives Under Bus, Makes a Change
Old 10-01-2009, 04:59 PM   #179
wilsowilso

Blache is a washed up.

It's sad. It's painful how obvious it is. Even he knows it.

He sounds more and more like a person with a screw getting loose.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:12 PM   #180
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

I applaud Mr. Blache. On Redskins.com. He is making himself accountable and in his words "throwing himself under the bus".
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
Closed Thread