Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

PrismmmMMMMmmmm, good! NOT!

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #166
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: PrismmmMMMMmmmm, good! NOT!

I think you missed the joke, but anyhow bowing out of the conversation. Always regret joining threads in this forum in the first place

Advertisements
Old 07-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #167
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think you missed the joke, but anyhow bowing out of the conversation. Always regret joining threads in this forum in the first place
Apparently it did Whoooooooooosh right over my head. Damn you!!

Why do you regret joining in on a conversation that is important to our society and culture as a whole? It would be one thing if people were flipping their wigs or trying to crucify you.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #168
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Apparently it did Whoooooooooosh right over my head. Damn you!!

Why do you regret joining in on a conversation that is important to our society and culture as a whole? It would be one thing if people were flipping their wigs or trying to crucify you.
It's not why I joined this site, in short
Old 07-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #169
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It's not why I joined this site, in short
Fair enough. Neither did any of us I imagine. :P Still some downtime before things start back up in training camp.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 07-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #170
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Old 07-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #171
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

NSA flubs a campus recruitment visit:

4. They are just doing their jobs. I’m not sure why this is a defense. It didn’t work at Nuremberg. And, it shouldn’t work now. This is not to compare what is happening now as somehow equal to or better or worse than the German holocaust, but to underscore a philosophical point Hannah Arendt made about the nature of modern evil: It’s banal. That means it hasn’t got a pitchfork or horns sprouting out of its head. Rather, it is thousands of ordinary people just doing their jobs.

Last edited by RedskinRat; 07-08-2013 at 04:33 PM.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #172
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Montana the first state to pass spy law - Daily Inter Lake: Local/Montana

Quote:

Montana made history this spring after passing the first state law to prevent the government from spying on anyone in the state by tracking personal information stored in their electronic devices.

The new law made Montana a pioneer in the age of electronic privacy rights by requiring state and local government entities to obtain a probable-cause warrant before remotely engaging personal electronic devices.

House Bill 603, sponsored by Rep. Daniel Zolnikov, R-Billings, was signed into law by Gov. Steve Bullock on May 6.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #173
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Old 07-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #174
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Bush-Cheney began illegal NSA spying before 9/11, says telcom CEO

Dick Cheney really is a piece of shit. This man should be tried for treason and war crimes. I'd be down with a public hanging as well.

Quote:
In 2007 the Denver Post reported:
""Nacchio suggested that the NSA sought phone, Internet and other customer records from Qwest in early 2001. When he refused to hand over the information, the agency retaliated by not granting lucrative contracts to the Denver-based company, he claimed.""
Other sources corroborate the former CEO's allegations, which were made in the course of his legal defense against insider trading charges. Both Slate.com and National Journal have published reports in which sources are quoted which support the former CEO's claims.
Speaking on “FOX News Sunday" this weekend in defense of the Obama administration's NSA PRISM program, which has caused a national uproar over the sweeping intrusion by the government into American citizens' emails, live chats, and other electronic communications, Cheney said:
"
“Now, as everybody has been associated with the program said if we had this before 9/11, when there were two terrorists in San Diego, two hijackers, able to use that program, that capability against the target, we might have been able to prevent 9/11,”"
However, the presence of such powers in the hands of the present administration did not succeed in preventing the Boston Marathon attacks, even though the suspects were already well-known to the FBI, and one allegedly told law enforcement, while in the hospital, that they were able to "download plans for pressure cooker bombs from the Internet.
In the same interview on "Fox news Sunday" Cheney called NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden a "traitor."

Read more: Bush-Cheney began illegal NSA spying before 9/11, says telcom CEO
Old 07-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #175
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Something to make FD cry:

A joint British and American “task force” will be created to tackle obscene websites, while Google and other search engine providers will be required to draw up a “blacklist” of the most depraved and illegal search terms, Mr Cameron will announce.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #176
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Something to make FD cry:

A joint British and American “task force” will be created to tackle obscene websites, while Google and other search engine providers will be required to draw up a “blacklist” of the most depraved and illegal search terms, Mr Cameron will announce.
good luck.

are they shutting down 4chan (almost all of it), irc (all of it), tumblr (a lot of it), usenet (a lot of it), tor, and the 50000000 sites that pop up every time you shut the old ones down?
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #177
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Bush-Cheney began illegal NSA spying before 9/11, says telcom CEO

Dick Cheney really is a piece of shit. This man should be tried for treason and war crimes. I'd be down with a public hanging as well.

They asked for some records which is a far cry from what the NSA is doing now. The article is misleading and gave no evidence of any actual spying before 9/11.

""Nacchio suggested that the NSA sought phone, Internet and other customer records from Qwest in early 2001.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:04 PM   #178
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Feds tell Web firms to turn over user account passwords | Politics and Law - CNET News

This shit is stupid. Watching our country destroyed by the very people sworn to protect it. The only thing they are protecting is corporate wealth and their hold on power.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #179
over the mountain
Playmaker

I hope most of us can agree that this NSA spying scandal would have happened whether it was a repub or dem president and try to limit the temptation to politicize this scandal ...
Old 07-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #180
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
I hope most of us can agree that this NSA spying scandal would have happened whether it was a repub or dem president and try to limit the temptation to politicize this scandal ...
Totally agree, but Obama ran on a 'Change' platform. He deserves extra derision for all the non-change.