Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

The Obama Years- A GOP love story

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-03-2014, 06:29 PM   #166
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: The Obama Years- A GOP love story

Every natural born US citizen gets 1 million dollars at birth from the government and nothing else the rest of their life ,how about that ?

Advertisements
Old 07-05-2014, 01:36 PM   #167
MTK
\m/

I wonder what would happen if all these giant corporations all started paying their employees actual livable wages and maybe scarified a small % of their profits. Does a CEO of a company really need to make 300 times more than their bottom level employees? How much is enough?
Old 07-05-2014, 03:19 PM   #168
donofriose
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I wonder what would happen if all these giant corporations all started paying their employees actual livable wages and maybe scarified a small % of their profits. Does a CEO of a company really need to make 300 times more than their bottom level employees? How much is enough?
One of the many "benefits" of capitalism. Makes sure the rich only get richer and the poor get poorer.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #169
over the mountain
Playmaker

it seems that US companies are doing these "inter-mergers" with foreign companies to avoid paying taxes in the US since the corporate loop holes are being targeted for reform.

Big Pharma Skips to the U.K. to Avoid Taxes - The Daily Beast

More companies want to ditch America to cut taxes - CBS News

who knew ireland was a corporate tax dream land?

world economics, corporate tax structures, inflation etc is all to complicated for a guy like me.

im too distracted chasing that lone dollar dangling in front of me.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:32 PM   #170
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
it seems that US companies are doing these "inter-mergers" with foreign companies to avoid paying taxes in the US since the corporate loop holes are being targeted for reform.

Big Pharma Skips to the U.K. to Avoid Taxes - The Daily Beast

More companies want to ditch America to cut taxes - CBS News

who knew ireland was a corporate tax dream land?

world economics, corporate tax structures, inflation etc is all to complicated for a guy like me.

im too distracted chasing that lone dollar dangling in front of me.

This is not new ,my company got dragged into this shit years ago(1998/99) .Royal Ahold based in the Netherlands bought Giant of Carlisle ,Giant of Maryland and Stop and Shop, Martins , Peapod plus others they have sold off to improve the bottom line . We get put on the tight budget line while all earned monies go over seas .

Royal Ahold Set to Acquire Giant Food - NYTimes.com
Old 07-08-2014, 12:38 AM   #171
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Anti-government citizen militia groups want to 'secure the border' in Texas - San Antonio Express-News

I've mentioned a couple times that I'm not to crazy about anyone aligned with Far-Left/Right views but in regards to the far-right, the views on illegal immigrants particularly irks me.

All to often I hear complaints about how the reason this country is going downhill is people are turning away from Christianity and how people aren't willing to work hard. Then a large demographic made up of numerous hard working devout Christians tries to come here to provide a better life for their families and they're greeted with guns at the boarder by the same people that scold the government for trying to control their lives. The same people that are all to eager to en-state martial law and provide law enforcement with the authority to card anyone at the drop of a hat to prove their a citizen.

I realize the boarder can't just be left wide open and I certainly understand the level of violence employed by drug cartels, particularly the ones connected with Tijuana. However there seems to be little distinction between the people I see in my posh part of town doing backbreaking labor in 90+ heat, possibly for below minimum wage and the guys that are willing to kill at the drop of a hat.

Usually I could care less about the religious aspect but it makes me think that if a large group of people meeting key criteria from far right critics aren't able to gain acceptance then whats the chance they can be pleased at all.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #172
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Russia set to reopen Soviet-era spy post on Cuba - source | Reuters

I guess at this point Putin can do about anything he wants knowing obama aint gonna say ish

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:22 PM   #173
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Oh ... I disagree. Obama will say something: "Thank you sir! May I have another?"
Old 07-16-2014, 07:48 PM   #174
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Oh ... I disagree. Obama will say something: "Thank you sir! May I have another?"
It's crazy to me how aggressive Russia has been in the last 5 years. At home they have really restricted basic freedoms of its own people and abroad their influence is seen in every corner of the world, now again 100 miles off our boarder. We kinda need to wake up.

He Gets Us
Old 07-16-2014, 09:02 PM   #175
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
It's crazy to me how aggressive Russia has been in the last 5 years. At home they have really restricted basic freedoms of its own people and abroad their influence is seen in every corner of the world, now again 100 miles off our boarder. We kinda need to wake up.

I ,like the two of you don't like it but I will ask you what it is you want him to do ? Do we go to war with Russia ,do we go to war with Cuba , the US has been reducing it's military for years B.R.A.C has been going on for years (Bush and Obama ) , my question is what is it he should do ?
Old 07-16-2014, 09:32 PM   #176
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I ,like the two of you don't like it but I will ask you what it is you want him to do ? Do we go to war with Russia ,do we go to war with Cuba , the US has been reducing it's military for years B.R.A.C has been going on for years (Bush and Obama ) , my question is what is it he should do ?
I think we are losing behind the scenes. Slipping. Even in Europe now. What progress have we honestly made with all the focus and money we've spent over in the Middle East in ten years? That Isis shit going on right now is serious. Meanwhile we've slipped.

Go to war with Russia? Come on, that's not an option

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 07-17-2014 at 07:58 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:16 AM   #177
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
asking what he should do on a football internet forum is going to solve the world problems. Clearly, he should simply say welcome as Russia opens the mission in Cuba. There are no past experienced politicians from either side that have ever managed to keep an aggressive Russian policy in check, and we are obviously doomed to the clever Putin and his happy Bear policy.

[/sarc]

You don't stop it by allowing a Russian takeover of a sovereign nation's port and ignoring standing bilateral agreements. I actually like the targeted sanctions, but they should have been stronger at the point of taking over Crimea. You make a daily UN Security Council proposal condemning Russian occupation of Crimea. You send non-lethal military aid from day one, and position a force in international waters of the Black Sea. Yes it's teetering, much like JFK teetered at the cuban missile crisis, but fact is Russia will not win a war right now, and they know that, but if they get what they want with minimal costs then you only encourage bolder actions.
Some knock Pres Obama's Syrian redline, but fact is it worked to get the chemical weapons cleared out. That same resolve should have been used to back up the agreements on Ukranian sovereignty. When Iraq invaded Kuwait the world rallied around the US and the air war was like 3 weeks. An immediate response at the time of the Crimean takeover would have had similar backing for tough actions, but the US would have had to lead. I am not saying an air war, but again, there were options for quick decisive responses and "red lines" instead, Pres Obama didn't even attend specific meetings, that sends a signal to a realpolitik ex KGB leader like Putin.

BRAC and military reductions are red herrings. The US military still outspends the rest of the world combined, and could put enough air and fire power into any active hotspot so as to stare down a threat from any serious opponent.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:05 PM   #178
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

So we gonna let Russian backd forces shoot down commercial aircraft. Putin response of course disgusting blaming the Ukraine

He Gets Us
Old 07-17-2014, 07:37 PM   #179
tshile
Special Teams

Assuming for a second Russia shot it down with a missile (I don't believe there is proof yet?)

What is it we're supposed to do without essentially starting another war?

Or are we supposed to start a war?

I'm genuinely curious.
tshile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #180
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshile View Post
Assuming for a second Russia shot it down with a missile (I don't believe there is proof yet?)

What is it we're supposed to do without essentially starting another war?

Or are we supposed to start a war?

I'm genuinely curious.
Lol it's so funny people just jump to "start a war". Like I said above, we are not going to war,...is war the only option?

So I guess the Obama supporters will continue to advocate our strategy: "sitting on our hands"

He Gets Us