Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2009, 05:54 PM   #166
pg86
No new threads for you

Re: Now What??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Zorn can stay for all I care.

I more care about the front office being vastly altered than the coaching position.

Zorn is a first time head coach in his second year. Really...what realistic expectations were there with him to begin with. He didn't fill out the coaching ranks himself and he's never even been a OC before.

It's not so surprising that he failed. It is surprising that the biggest wallet in the NFL can't yield the personnel to beat the lions...FIRE THE FRONT OFFICE.
Damn I love your post
pg86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #167
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Zorn can stay for all I care.

I more care about the front office being vastly altered than the coaching position.

Zorn is a first time head coach in his second year. Really...what realistic expectations were there with him to begin with. He didn't fill out the coaching ranks himself and he's never even been a OC before.

It's not so surprising that he failed. It is surprising that the biggest wallet in the NFL can't yield the personnel to beat the lions...FIRE THE FRONT OFFICE.
Dude, you're an idiot.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:56 PM   #168
Chevy13
Special Teams

I'm not 100% sure that firing Zorn would be throwing in the towel on the season. It's not like keeping him will save this team, he is a big part of the problem so getting rid of him might not necessarily mean throwing in the towel. The problem would be who is to take his place? IMO after what I saw today I'd prefer to take the chance of letting him go
Chevy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:59 PM   #169
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
What about Clinton Portis? I mean this dude is getting paid all this money, is always banged up, never practices, and does little in the preseason...he's a non-factor this season. Shit, at least the o-line is good enough to get Campbell to throw over 300 yds.
I think your o-line should be able to pass block and open some holes for your RBs. When they did open holes he made plays. I got an idea for you. Get up and run into the wall. Then after you get over your concussion. Get up and open a door and run through it and see which one is easier.

Have you ever taken into consideration that since CP has been here we have run him into the ground. He has been the only constant on our team in the past 5 years that produces. Then you wonder why he is banged up.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:59 PM   #170
pg86
No new threads for you

Quote:
Dude, you're an idiot.

See this is why the skins need to start winning we get to name callin
Old 09-27-2009, 06:00 PM   #171
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The offense hasn't been good since the 2nd half of last year and this whole year. It's about scoring points not yardage. We can't score points. Scoring 9 and 14 points is simply inexcusable and unacceptable against Det. and STL.

If you watched the game today closely, which I assume you did you would've saw guys LOSING their one on one battles on defense. And you would've saw some missed tackles. I'm not sure how you blame that on coaching.
The same way you blame dropped passes, fumbles, penalties and the offense being unable to run for 1 yard for a TD on Zorn.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #172
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
So you think a defensive coach would have helped with an offense that has trouble scoring? Please.
Read what I worte. We should've kept Al S.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #173
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

It going to be interesting because of Zorn is not fired fans will start boycotting in some form or fashion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #174
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller101 View Post
Dude! We only ran it four times in the first half. Just four freaking times!!! I've never seen that shit before in my life! Even Spurrier would call more running plays then that!
And if we had gotten yards, we would have attempted more runs.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #175
SUNRA
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Just cause we spend money doesn't mean we have players. Fire the guy that's picking the players.
I don't believe its the players.Two 6'4 receivers and no balls thrown to either of them in the redzone and still no deep passes. What happened to the 2 tight end sets we were suppose to see? Zorn is in over his head. He would never admit it.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:05 PM   #176
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

By the way, our highly paid defense allowed Detroit 381 yards of offense with a rookie QB.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:07 PM   #177
pg86
No new threads for you

Guys the players arent the problem. This is the staff!
Old 09-27-2009, 06:10 PM   #178
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Well, if the problem is that Zorn is in over his head, is there anything to be said for waiting for him to get caught up?

If he just doesn't have it, he doesn't have it. It's not the playcalling, in my opinion, if he just doesn't manage people well there's no reason to try to push through. But if he does all the small things well, maybe we just have to wait him out for everything to click?

I think the organization needs to decide if Jim Zorn just has too many hats, or if he just doesn't have coaching ability. Right now, I'd suggest it's the latter, but you don't just fire someone because you are mad that you were upset. You actually have to diagnose the issue before you take action.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:10 PM   #179
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
I think your o-line should be able to pass block and open some holes for your RBs. When they did open holes he made plays. I got an idea for you. Get up and run into the wall. Then after you get over your concussion. Get up and open a door and run through it and see which one is easier.

Have you ever taken into consideration that since CP has been here we have run him into the ground. He has been the only constant on our team in the past 5 years that produces. Then you wonder why he is banged up.
Oh come on, no need to edit your post, this wasn't necessary.

On a serious note, our o-line is banged up, and well great people can bitch about how we haven't drafted lineman and yada yada. Yes they need to do that...it's just that CP has disappeared in the last three games and he is a non-factor. Maybe the team needs to look for another option if they blow up the team this year.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #180
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg86 View Post
Guys the players arent the problem. This is the staff!
Oh no, it's all Vinny Cerrato and Dan Snyder. Zorn, Blache, and the players are off the hook as long as these guys are in charge apparently.
R.I.P. #21