Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-18-2010, 02:07 AM   #166
jdc65
Special Teams

Re: Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
That would help both teams. I could imagine Brown and Okung on the Oline for the Skins.
Could you imagine the Saints D Line? Wow, AH,Ellis,Smith and Brown. Im sure Coach Williams is stomping on someones desk for this to happen if it is in the works.
Given that this trade went down, I would be hoping that Detroit takes Okung, and we could luck out and grab Suh. Replacing Haynesworth would be a priority in my mind. We could use that 4th to grab a RT.

Yea, the Saints D would be sick with AH and Greg Williams. At least they aint in our division.
jdc65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-18-2010, 10:09 AM   #167
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc65 View Post
I didn't hear anything about it, but I would take that trade. A stud LT with a 4th this year, and a conditional pick next year. That works for me.
I know they say the draft is deep this year. But are you really going to get a stud LT with a 4th round pick???
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #168
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc65 View Post
I didn't hear anything about it, but I would take that trade. A stud LT with a 4th this year, and a conditional pick next year. That works for me.
haha, lets hold our horses...the odds of picking up a 'stud' LT with a 4th are slim at best

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #169
MTK
\m/

Haynesworth deal doomed from the start - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

interesting read
Old 04-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #170
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I remember when the Skins signed him last year how the majority of fans were so excited, what a difference a year makes.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #171
rbanerjee23
The Starter

There's part of me that believes that until Dan Snyder sells this franchise, this team will not reach the levels of success as it had in the late 80's early 90's. I don't understand how he doesn't realize that giving massive sums of money has literally a 0% success rate...we can't name one guy who has panned out in the long run. Arrington, Archuleta, Randle El, Trotter, and now Haynesworth, the subpar performance of Snyder backed front offices is astounding.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:13 PM   #172
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Given that this trade went down, I would be hoping that Detroit takes Okung, and we could luck out and grab Suh. Replacing Haynesworth would be a priority in my mind. We could use that 4th to grab a RT.
Suh is a 4-3 DT. He won't be a 3-4 teams pick. I hope we don't trade Haynesworth, especially for the type of compensation I'm hearing. a 2nd and maybe a 3rd? Yeah right.

In addition. I don't feel comfortable giving up one of the most dominant DTs for an unknown by NFL standards.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:36 PM   #173
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
I know they say the draft is deep this year. But are you really going to get a stud LT with a 4th round pick???
I believe the stud LT was Brown from the Saints, not someone who we get with the 4th round pick.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:02 PM   #174
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Interesting yes...but this article and the initial La Canfora article are both silly. Better said they are full of shit.
These are supposedly opposing GM's talking about a player that is available in the trade market. Of course they are going to deadpan Haynesworth and ridicule the the Redskins and the whole process that landed Haynesworth in DC. Yes Snyder did over pay and upset the payscale market for DT's, but that is in the past and the only newsworthy thing.
It seems some of the so-called GM quotes and authors of the articles are trying to upset the Redskins FO to dump Haynesworth for chump change.
We already knew weeks ago the Haynesworth was going to work out on his own and not attend any non-mandatory events. La Canfora mentions it like it is a late breaking big news and why we would trade him.
La Canfora at times can be drama queen trying to sell himself. The title says it all "Haynesworth avoiding Redskins' voluntary minicamp; trade possible
If we trade him it is because of a good offer not because he is molesting 20 year olds in the bathroom.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:18 PM   #175
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
There's part of me that believes that until Dan Snyder sells this franchise, this team will not reach the levels of success as it had in the late 80's early 90's. I don't understand how he doesn't realize that giving massive sums of money has literally a 0% success rate...we can't name one guy who has panned out in the long run. Arrington, Archuleta, Randle El, Trotter, and now Haynesworth, the subpar performance of Snyder backed front offices is astounding.
Couldn't have seen Trotter's injuries coming. Agree on Archuleta. Too soon to just write off Haynesworth. Convenient to leave out signings that were key to our playoff runs like Springs, Washington, and Griffin.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #176
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
Arrington was the 2nd pick in the draft you have to spend alot of money, check the history for 2nd picks in the draft. We should of been playing a 3-4 when he was around and used him like lt of the ny midgets.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #177
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Couldn't have seen Trotter's injuries coming. Agree on Archuleta. Too soon to just write off Haynesworth. Convenient to leave out signings that were key to our playoff runs like Springs, Washington, and Griffin.
Yeah we've definitely had plenty of guys that did work out, just the mistakes were big ones so they stick out more. Randy Thomas and Fletcher were a couple of other notables that were good pickups too.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #178
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Interesting yes...but this article and the initial La Canfora article are both silly. Better said they are full of shit.
These are supposedly opposing GM's talking about a player that is available in the trade market. Of course they are going to deadpan Haynesworth and ridicule the the Redskins and the whole process that landed Haynesworth in DC. Yes Snyder did over pay and upset the payscale market for DT's, but that is in the past and the only newsworthy thing.
It seems some of the so-called GM quotes and authors of the articles are trying to upset the Redskins FO to dump Haynesworth for chump change.
We already knew weeks ago the Haynesworth was going to work out on his own and not attend any non-mandatory events. La Canfora mentions it like it is a late breaking big news and why we would trade him.
La Canfora at times can be drama queen trying to sell himself. The title says it all "Haynesworth avoiding Redskins' voluntary minicamp; trade possible
If we trade him it is because of a good offer not because he is molesting 20 year olds in the bathroom.
To me the article boils down to the fact we gave a boatload of guaranteed money to a guy with questionable attitude and motivation issues. Also think of it this way... if Allen and Shanahan were in charge last year, no way we make that move.

Has the media blown up the story? Of course. But there's plenty of fire behind all this smoke too.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:38 PM   #179
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I think everyone knew the risks of giving AH all that money last year. People wanted to keep focusing on alleged anger management issues because of the Gurode incident, but really the problem was how committed was Haynesworth really.

Some think the Redskins were ignorant to it, I don't think they were at all. I think they fully knew the risks but they, perhaps naively, believed things would be different now and it wouldn't be an issue.

And I'm not convinced that him skipping a voluntary mini-camp is indicative of major problems down the road.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #180
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think everyone knew the risks of giving AH all that money last year. People wanted to keep focusing on alleged anger management issues because of the Gurode incident, but really the problem was how committed was Haynesworth really.

Some think the Redskins were ignorant to it, I don't think they were at all. I think they fully knew the risks but they, perhaps naively, believed things would be different now and it wouldn't be an issue.

And I'm not convinced that him skipping a voluntary mini-camp is indicative of major problems down the road.
When the mandatory portion of training begins and Albert does not show up in shape and ready to play, that will be cause for real concern.

I think by Shanahan reluctantly dealing with him doing his own thing, he's expecting him to make good on his promise to show up in better shape than he did last year. Perhaps the decision has been made that it makes business sense to keep Haynesworth on the roster. Media reports (as well as fans) have been driving his trade, spoken more from an emotional standpoint than a business one. I can't think of a single reason why it would not benifit the Redskins to have Albert Haynesworth on the team.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote