Merged: The Movies Thread

Parking Lot

Old 06-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #1726
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Dragon Tattoo was excellent, a little long in the end, but still very good.

Weird thing was at the begginning of the movie that chick was hideous, by the end of the movie i wanted to make her my number one f*ck buddy. dont know if id take home to mom
100% on the chick. It was her, lets say, 'desire' and her being up front, cut the bs attitude toward the end of the movie that made her do a complete 180 for me.

Plus Rooney Mara is sexy when she isn't dressed up like a gothic freak.

Advertisements
Old 06-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #1727
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Amazing they can't make a good Superman movie these days.
You didn't like Man of Steel?
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #1728
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Amazing they can't make a good Superman movie these days.
Its funny, because the whole time I was watching the movie last night, I was thinking of this quote you said.

Folks, if you haven't seen Superman, just wait. Wait for it to come to HBO, Redbox or Netflix. It was bad. There was absolutely no direction in this long 2 1/2 hour flick. Just when the movie seemed like it was going to go somewhere and be good, it quickly changed direction and got bad again.

And then its like Amy Adams character (Lois Lane) its like she just appears and is like 'Hey I'm Lois Lane' and now I'm going to basically turn into the main character for the rest of the movie. Superman himself didn't speak that much (or seem like he was on camera that much). The whole Krypton planet scenes were just dumb, and took up a good portion of the movie. The movie had a lot of flashbacks to when Clark was a kid and how he couldn't use his powers, but they felt like they had to remind the audience that 10 times.

This wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen. But its definitely up there in terms of worst comic book movies. Spiderman 3, Green Lantern, and Captain America are all pretty bad IMO, but Spiderman 3 and Captain America may actually be better than this one. Hell, the more I think about it, the Superman they made back in '05 may have actually been better than this one.

3.5/10

Last edited by CultBrennan59; 06-22-2013 at 01:23 PM.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #1729
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

World War Z ended up being much better than I thought it would. Don't expect the movie to be anything like the book (if you've read it). They've simply created a whole new story and slapped the title on it.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #1730
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Its funny, because the whole time I was watching the movie last night, I was thinking of this quote you said.

Folks, if you haven't seen Superman, just wait. Wait for it to come to HBO, Redbox or Netflix. It was bad. There was absolutely no direction in this long 2 1/2 hour flick. Just when the movie seemed like it was going to go somewhere and be good, it quickly changed direction and got bad again.

And then its like Amy Adams character (Lois Lane) its like she just appears and is like 'Hey I'm Lois Lane' and now I'm going to basically turn into the main character for the rest of the movie. Superman himself didn't speak that much (or seem like he was on camera that much). The whole Krypton planet scenes were just dumb, and took up a good portion of the movie. The movie had a lot of flashbacks to when Clark was a kid and how he couldn't use his powers, but they felt like they had to remind the audience that 10 times.

This wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen. But its definitely up there in terms of worst comic book movies. Spiderman 3, Green Lantern, and Captain America are all pretty bad IMO, but Spiderman 3 and Captain America may actually be better than this one. Hell, the more I think about it, the Superman they made back in '05 may have actually been better than this one.

3.5/10
Maybe society no longer wants the goodie good super hero anymore. Today's society enjoys a Batman who has a edge to him.

The other thing with Superman is his enemies suck; boring as shit.

I hate to say it but the Superman genre may just be dead.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #1731
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Maybe society no longer wants the goodie good super hero anymore. Today's society enjoys a Batman who has a edge to him.

The other thing with Superman is his enemies suck; boring as shit.

I hate to say it but the Superman genre may just be dead.
Thats a major reason why people are going to like Batman over Superman. Superman is the 'roll your eyes, common superhero'. By that I mean that he is an alien, thats how he is a super hero. There is no good reason or excuse as to why he has powers. Whereas Batman its different, because he is super rich and got trained by a league of ninja's in the Himalayas. That's more believable and more likely to happen than an alien from another galaxy coming to earth with Super powers.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #1732
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Thats a major reason why people are going to like Batman over Superman. Superman is the 'roll your eyes, common superhero'. By that I mean that he is an alien, thats how he is a super hero. There is no good reason or excuse as to why he has powers. Whereas Batman its different, because he is super rich and got trained by a league of ninja's in the Himalayas. That's more believable and more likely to happen than an alien from another galaxy coming to earth with Super powers.
I think the villains come into play as well. As Batman has some of the best and well Superman have some of the worst if not the worst.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #1733
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I think the villains come into play as well. As Batman has some of the best and well Superman have some of the worst if not the worst.
Yes, thats very accurate as well. I think since it seems the new superman franchise will be made very similarly as the batman franchise, I expect Lex Luthor, supermans most famous villian to be in the 2nd movie, much like the Joker was in the second batman movie.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #1734
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Yes, thats very accurate as well. I think since it seems the new superman franchise will be made very similarly as the batman franchise, I expect Lex Luthor, supermans most famous villian to be in the 2nd movie, much like the Joker was in the second batman movie.
Lex (as we know him) = Boring

They need to jazz him up a bit.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #1735
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Well cb u just helped me make a decison about spending that $ on superman lol. I'll watch it online or something.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #1736
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Well cb u just helped me make a decison about spending that $ on superman lol. I'll watch it online or something.
If you want to spend your money, take the wife out for a movie, whatever, go see This is the End. Thats a laugh a minute movie in my opinion.

I'm also curious in checking out The Bling Ring. Anyone see it yet?
Old 06-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #1737
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Has anyone seen Kick Ass? I heard good things about it but it was from my comic book friends so their opinions are being thrown out (especially after the new Superman).

What is Kick Ass comparable to?
Old 06-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #1738
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Has anyone seen Kick Ass? I heard good things about it but it was from my comic book friends so their opinions are being thrown out (especially after the new Superman).

What is Kick Ass comparable to?
IT is awesome; somewhere in here I have a review of it. IMO a must see. Part two comes out this summer.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #1739
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Kick Ass is definitely a good movie, I'm looking forward to seeing the next installment.

Just saw This Is The End last week, I honestly enjoyed the shit out of that movie. If you're a Rogen fan it's definitely a must-see.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #1740
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Kick Ass is definitely a good movie, I'm looking forward to seeing the next installment.

Just saw This Is The End last week, I honestly enjoyed the shit out of that movie. If you're a Rogen fan it's definitely a must-see.
Ive heard its funny as sh*t. mos def checking it out.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote