What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 02-24-2015, 06:40 PM   #1711
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
People who after you have spent 3 hours digging out you cars, and front walk and driveway and in front of "your own" house, park in the spot you just cleaned out because they are too effing lazy!!!
Move the F out the city, son. No such prolems with a driveway.

Advertisements
Old 02-26-2015, 10:31 AM   #1712
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
At this point the only thing I still really like about living in the city is that I can get to work from my front door to my desk in 15 minutes. That is a significant quality of life thing for me. I do have great neighbors and a generally nice neighborhood.

However, pretty much everything else about living in Baltimore City grinds my gears.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:03 PM   #1713
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post

In the world of sub- divisions and Cul-de-sacs I hate to say even with a drive way these problems exist if you have more than one car and one must go to work while the other gets a snow day .
Old 02-27-2015, 04:25 PM   #1714
MTK
\m/

In the burbs you just get plowed in by the city. Always love that.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:29 AM   #1715
los panda
Pro Bowl

jury duty
Old 04-02-2015, 10:59 AM   #1716
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

My offseason is now complete
"Longmire" has been canceled.........
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:02 AM   #1717
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
jury duty
Jury duty is actually a once in a lifetime experience.

I know no one wants to be actually selected but it is a cool process. At the end of the case you get to sit around with 5 other strangers from all walks of life and try to come to a group decision.

Please know that years of hard work and a lot of money have been expended just getting the case to the jury trial.

How do you decide what amount of money is fair compensation for 3 months or pain? or worse, a lifetime disability.

I have a 2 year old client now that was rear-ended by a drunk driver at a high rate of speed. Her ER records indicate that she associated with the "sad face" of the face pain scale. She had a follow up with her ped. But there is nothing you can do for a 2 year old with pain. They are too young for PT and cant take narcotic medication. The parents are left worried sick for months while their child is exhibiting abnormal behavior, increased crying and sleep pattern disturbances.

The insurance company of the drunk driver is offering the family $412.

In maryland, in a jury trial case for a car accident, the jury is not told whether the negligent driver has auto ins or what amount of coverage.

Defense insurance company attorneys love it bc they play up the idea that their client, nice Mr. Rogers who only looked down for 1 second, doesnt have a lot of money and he is very sorry.

What the jury does not know is that Mr. Rogers is a pedophile with 300k auto insurance and he will not be paying a dime out of pocket for the harm he caused.

Please know that if a case goes to trial for a car accident, there is auto ins to pay for it.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:13 PM   #1718
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Jury duty is actually a once in a lifetime experience.

I know no one wants to be actually selected but it is a cool process. At the end of the case you get to sit around with 5 other strangers from all walks of life and try to come to a group decision.

Please know that years of hard work and a lot of money have been expended just getting the case to the jury trial.

How do you decide what amount of money is fair compensation for 3 months or pain? or worse, a lifetime disability.

I have a 2 year old client now that was rear-ended by a drunk driver at a high rate of speed. Her ER records indicate that she associated with the "sad face" of the face pain scale. She had a follow up with her ped. But there is nothing you can do for a 2 year old with pain. They are too young for PT and cant take narcotic medication. The parents are left worried sick for months while their child is exhibiting abnormal behavior, increased crying and sleep pattern disturbances.

The insurance company of the drunk driver is offering the family $412.

In maryland, in a jury trial case for a car accident, the jury is not told whether the negligent driver has auto ins or what amount of coverage.

Defense insurance company attorneys love it bc they play up the idea that their client, nice Mr. Rogers who only looked down for 1 second, doesnt have a lot of money and he is very sorry.

What the jury does not know is that Mr. Rogers is a pedophile with 300k auto insurance and he will not be paying a dime out of pocket for the harm he caused.

Please know that if a case goes to trial for a car accident, there is auto ins to pay for it.
Let me tell ya a story .Having lived in MD for only 5 years and and not knowing the first thing about the "good ol boy network"of Lawyers here .My wife and youngest were T-boned(1985) in the 4 month old car while running errands and had my little one not be a real pain in the ass about being in the car seat she might be dead .She was 4 at the time and wanna be a big girl so she was in the middle seat of a station wagon and the car seat was right next to her belted ,she was also belted in .
The other driver ,a Doctor in a min- van from India ran not one but 4 lanes of traffic to cut across and T boned the car ,as the car caves in the car seat covers my youngest and protected her ,my wife got messed up bad ,neck and back .The only witnesses and off duty county and an off duty state Policeman ,this was the case lawyers dream about .It never saw a court room because the "good ol boy network" covered the Doctor from India because he paid major Lawyer money .I know better now but having only been here 5 years and married six I was worried about other things and was taken full advantage of .
Old 06-02-2015, 11:46 AM   #1719
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

the constant news cycle about Caitlyn im enduring now and for the next 2-3 weeks

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #1720
MTK
\m/

Gotta love how Fox news took the bait hook line and sinker

Fox News Repeatedly Mocks And Misgenders Caitlyn Jenner | ThinkProgress
Old 06-03-2015, 06:39 PM   #1721
over the mountain
Playmaker

signs.

signs really grind my gears.

especially signs in places where no one is around.

Humans are top of the food chain.

Yet when we approach a flat piece of metal painted "No Turn on Red", we obey. we comply with a silent request from an inanimate object.

We walk upright for freaks sake.

I refuse to not turn right on a red if the coast is clear.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:50 PM   #1722
over the mountain
Playmaker

When you order "chicken and cashews" but when you get it, you are not sure if it is chicken or the kitchen made a mistake and gave you tofu.

all you do know is that you are eating an unknown product that has the consistency of a scallop.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:32 AM   #1723
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Got a....serious scare the other day.
It appeared that my local ESPN affiliate afternoon show had been replaced with the....Dan Le Batard show
My world nearly ended when considering trying to deal with life with DL....whew
Thank God it was a one day deal. I have been reunited with reality.....> <
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:39 AM   #1724
over the mountain
Playmaker

Guys on the internet who think it is okay to hit a woman. If a woman pushed you, tries to slap you or throws a drink on you ..... act like a man and walk away.

My mind is blown by all these internet guys who say "she hit him first" .. or "" women want equality, here it is" ...

i just dont get this mind state at all.

muslimponder says:
Jul 6, 2015 4:46 PM
Why in the world would be people be demanding the alleged “victim” have her name redacted? This isn’t a rape case. Also, real victim blaming at its finest, that pushy broad deserved it, but he’s going to take all the heat.

141 228
----------------------------------
skunksprayjim says:
Jul 6, 2015 4:40 PM
The video clearly shows her hitting him first. He did absolutely nothing wrong here whatsoever. If anything, he should be commended for putting a violent bully in her place.

253 516
----------------------------
redwoodking says:
Jul 6, 2015 4:54 PM
If you act like a man, prepare to be treated like one. More females need to learn this and stop being shocked when a man hits them after she puts her hands on him first.

238 98

^^^^ this guy got 238 likes vs 98 dislikes ..... are u effing kidding me?

its called proportion. a football player vs a random chick.

Graphic De’Andre Johnson punch video likely means no NFL for him | ProFootballTalk
Old 07-07-2015, 05:34 PM   #1725
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Guys on the internet who think it is okay to hit a woman. If a woman pushed you, tries to slap you or throws a drink on you ..... act like a man and walk away.

My mind is blown by all these internet guys who say "she hit him first" .. or "" women want equality, here it is" ...

i just dont get this mind state at all.
While I do agree with you 100% I want to take it a little further .

Over the last week to ten days there have been two different cases of child abuse and to me neglect in Hagerstown Maryland ,a 9 year old was hand cuffed to a bed and beaten and kicked for sneaking a piece of his own birthday cake .Second a 6 year old autistic boy was beaten to death both by the boyfriends of the mothers ,if I was a cop I would have shot them on the spot and the mothers too .