Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-17-2020, 04:25 PM   #1
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

It seems like Trump and the Democrats are trying to work together through this. Is there any way that we can likewise quarantine the divisiveness in here? I think everyone admits Trump has foot in mouth disease, and I would hope we would all agree that the media chose sides early on, and has lived off fanning the flames of whichever side.

Maybe we can reset in here, of course that requires courage on both sides - acknowledging the strong beliefs about Trump are still out there, G1 and Punch still hate his guts, Chico and I still believe in his agenda, and see the dems as a lynch mob out for Trump's head at any cost. BUT this virus is causing a new version of life. A reset. Let's take that opportunity here, and set aside the bickering where possible. Please? For America LOL
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:30 PM   #2
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
It seems like Trump and the Democrats are trying to work together through this. Is there any way that we can likewise quarantine the divisiveness in here? I think everyone admits Trump has foot in mouth disease, and I would hope we would all agree that the media chose sides early on, and has lived off fanning the flames of whichever side.

Maybe we can reset in here, of course that requires courage on both sides - acknowledging the strong beliefs about Trump are still out there, G1 and Punch still hate his guts, Chico and I still believe in his agenda, and see the dems as a lynch mob out for Trump's head at any cost. BUT this virus is causing a new version of life. A reset. Let's take that opportunity here, and set aside the bickering where possible. Please? For America LOL
The only way that can happen is for trump to disappear, his arrogance , ignorance and fully blown arrogance is bringing this country down as much if not more than the virus. No he did not cause the virus it is not his fault but his lack of genuine leadership during the virus crisis is leading to panic.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:35 PM   #3
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
The only way that can happen is for trump to disappear, his arrogance , ignorance and fully blown arrogance is bringing this country down as much if not more than the virus. No he did not cause the virus it is not his fault but his lack of genuine leadership during the virus crisis is leading to panic.
As much as you hate it, he is the president thru this. He isn't disappearing. Like i said, it would take courage and willingness on all parts. I still hope and offer it to anyone and everyone else. Let us all set aside the bickering and focus on the goal of getting past this virus by pulling together behind the president AND Democratic house. We can do this.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2020, 11:30 AM   #4
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
As much as you hate it, he is the president thru this. He isn't disappearing. Like i said, it would take courage and willingness on all parts. I still hope and offer it to anyone and everyone else. Let us all set aside the bickering and focus on the goal of getting past this virus by pulling together behind the president AND Democratic house. We can do this.

So much for working together!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-co...002400850.html

Senate coronavirus vote delayed after Rand Paul pushes doomed amendment
Old 03-18-2020, 11:39 AM   #5
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
So much for working together!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-co...002400850.html

Senate coronavirus vote delayed after Rand Paul pushes doomed amendment
Rand Paul is a fiscal hawk. Can't read the article now, but let's see what happens next.

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 03-18-2020 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:49 AM   #6
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...demic-response
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:50 AM   #7
Giantone
Gamebreaker

This is a great video.......................

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/max-b...094023032.html

A conservative columnist says President Donald Trump has reached a historic new low: worst president of all time.

“With his catastrophic mishandling of the coronavirus, Trump has established himself as the worst president in U.S. history,” wrote Max Boot of The Washington Post.

Boot, a persistent critic of the president, wrote Sunday that he tried to avoid giving Trump the title, saying history usually required some time to put things into perspective. Instead, he called Trump the worst “modern” president.

“That left open the possibility that James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, Franklin Pierce, Warren Harding or some other nonentity would be judged more harshly,” Boot wrote.

But his opinion changed over the past month.

Boot said Trump’s biggest rival for the title was Buchanan, who helped set the stage for the Civil War.

“But there is good reason to think that the Civil War would have broken out no matter what,” Boot wrote. “By contrast, there is nothing inevitable about the scale of the disaster we now confront.”

Trump was warned about the impending COVID-19 crisis, but he didn’t take action early by ordering the testing equipment and much-needed emergency supplies that cities and states are now struggling to obtain. Instead, Trump held rallies and played golf.

“In the days and weeks after [Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex] Azar alerted him about the virus, Trump spoke at eight rallies and golfed six times, as if he didn’t have a care in the world,” Boot wrote.

Boot also said voters would get to cast the ultimate judgment on Trump.

“But whatever happens in November, Trump cannot escape the pitiless judgment of history,” he wrote. “Somewhere, a relieved James Buchanan must be smiling.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:26 AM   #8
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
This is a great video.......................

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/max-b...094023032.html

A conservative columnist says President Donald Trump has reached a historic new low: worst president of all time.

“With his catastrophic mishandling of the coronavirus, Trump has established himself as the worst president in U.S. history,” wrote Max Boot of The Washington Post.

Boot, a persistent critic of the president, wrote Sunday that he tried to avoid giving Trump the title, saying history usually required some time to put things into perspective. Instead, he called Trump the worst “modern” president.

“That left open the possibility that James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, Franklin Pierce, Warren Harding or some other nonentity would be judged more harshly,” Boot wrote.

But his opinion changed over the past month.

Boot said Trump’s biggest rival for the title was Buchanan, who helped set the stage for the Civil War.

“But there is good reason to think that the Civil War would have broken out no matter what,” Boot wrote. “By contrast, there is nothing inevitable about the scale of the disaster we now confront.”

Trump was warned about the impending COVID-19 crisis, but he didn’t take action early by ordering the testing equipment and much-needed emergency supplies that cities and states are now struggling to obtain. Instead, Trump held rallies and played golf.

“In the days and weeks after [Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex] Azar alerted him about the virus, Trump spoke at eight rallies and golfed six times, as if he didn’t have a care in the world,” Boot wrote.

Boot also said voters would get to cast the ultimate judgment on Trump.

“But whatever happens in November, Trump cannot escape the pitiless judgment of history,” he wrote. “Somewhere, a relieved James Buchanan must be smiling.

G 1 it is past the point of me and you even citing sources and articles. Lol. I mean how in your face does mismanagement have to be? We have ALL seen him for the last couple months with our own eyes. We see South Korea in damn space suits cleaning and doctoring yet America the great is being told to use rags. It is fucking unreal.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:07 PM   #9
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
G 1 it is past the point of me and you even citing sources and articles. Lol. I mean how in your face does mismanagement have to be? We have ALL seen him for the last couple months with our own eyes. We see South Korea in damn space suits cleaning and doctoring yet America the great is being told to use rags. It is fucking unreal.
I realize that you and many others here understand it but there are a few still here who perpetuate the myth and when they post should be shown the ignorance that they defend and are proud of.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:27 PM   #10
MTK
\m/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2020, 09:17 AM   #11
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

This is priceless. Bunch a fuckin sheep.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:46 AM   #12
MTK
\m/

Hannity is such garbage

Old 04-15-2020, 09:08 PM   #13
Giantone
Gamebreaker

trump wants his dictatorship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/citing-co...232930089.html

Citing coronavirus, Trump threatens to adjourn Congress to make recess appointments

President Trump said Wednesday that he was considering taking the unprecedented step of adjourning both houses of Congress in order to make recess appointments to fill government posts, citing the emergency created by the coronavirus outbreak.

“If the House will not agree to that adjournment, I will exercise my constitutional authority to adjourn both chambers of Congress,” Trump said at a Rose Garden briefing of the coronavirus task force. “The current practice of leaving town while conducting phony pro forma sessions is a dereliction of duty that the American people cannot afford during this crisis. It is a scam what they do.”

The president appears to be referring to Article II, Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution, which grants presidents the right to adjourn Congress “in case of disagreement between them, with respect to the time of adjournment.”

Such a move would be immediately challenged in court, however, and the logistics of carrying out such a plan immediately drew scrutiny.
Old 05-08-2020, 06:39 PM   #14
SunnySide
Playmaker

I have a biracial kid so perhaps I'm overly sensitive but it equally amazed and angers me when Fox news or conservative people lose their shut because a Cheerios commercial features a bi racial family.

Latest one is because gerbers baby for this year is .. omg .. black!!!

The looks and comments we would get when we left the DMV area were surprising.

Not the right thread sorry

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gerber-ba...-adopted-child
Old 05-08-2020, 08:25 PM   #15
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I have a biracial kid so perhaps I'm overly sensitive but it equally amazed and angers me when Fox news or conservative people lose their shut because a Cheerios commercial features a bi racial family.

Latest one is because gerbers baby for this year is .. omg .. black!!!

The looks and comments we would get when we left the DMV area were surprising.

Not the right thread sorry

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gerber-ba...-adopted-child
I have to agree with you here, my oldest grandson is biracial .