Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 10-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #1651
over the mountain
Playmaker

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

people who spit on sidewalks. its disgusting.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-02-2014, 12:48 PM   #1652
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
people who spit on sidewalks. its disgusting.
Funny; my neighbor, nice guy kind of a meat head, spit in my neighbors garage. they have been mad with him for a few weeks now.

Doesn't bother me I don't eat off the floor.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:46 PM   #1653
over the mountain
Playmaker

im real close to going taxi driver on some people.

i just need to relax and not try to police every bad act by random strangers

yesterday i am in stop and go traffic on 95 north. this van tries to change lanes. it puts on its blinker, has at least 5 car lengths space to move in and the van begins to slowly change lanes. this ahole in a black honda speeds up to try and block the lane change and actually squeezes next to teh van as the van had already taken 1/3 of the lane. the van swerves back.

i track this ahole black honda and he hopes on the ICC lanes (which runs parallel to 95 for about 2 miles and lets you hop back on - lots of ppl use it to try and skip traffic on 95). but i know that this "short cut" bottle necks when it lets you back on 95.

so i maneuver through traffic on 95 trying to stay up and track this ahole in the ICC lanes. after a few minutes, glory happens. i end up in the right lane right where he tried to merge back onto 95 and briefly block him. he merges in front of me and i pull up next to him and he is all red faced and yelling. it was awesome. i stayed next to him for a few moments and then go on my way.

what a glorious moment.

but i need to stop doing stuff like that. but it is soo hard, there are so many ahole jerks on the road.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:48 PM   #1654
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
im real close to going taxi driver on some people.

i just need to relax and not try to police every bad act by random strangers

yesterday i am in stop and go traffic on 95 north. this van tries to change lanes. it puts on its blinker, has at least 5 car lengths space to move in and the van begins to slowly change lanes. this ahole in a black honda speeds up to try and block the lane change and actually squeezes next to teh van as the van had already taken 1/3 of the lane. the van swerves back.

i track this ahole black honda and he hopes on the ICC lanes (which runs parallel to 95 for about 2 miles and lets you hop back on - lots of ppl use it to try and skip traffic on 95). but i know that this "short cut" bottle necks when it lets you back on 95.

so i maneuver through traffic on 95 trying to stay up and track this ahole in the ICC lanes. after a few minutes, glory happens. i end up in the right lane right where he tried to merge back onto 95 and briefly block him. he merges in front of me and i pull up next to him and he is all red faced and yelling. it was awesome. i stayed next to him for a few moments and then go on my way.

what a glorious moment.

but i need to stop doing stuff like that. but it is soo hard, there are so many ahole jerks on the road.
bad thing is, he will look at you as the jerk, and not even think about the bad driving that led to it.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:30 PM   #1655
MTK
\m/

Negative campaign ads really irk me. Makes me want to stay home tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:34 AM   #1656
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

In our office, all motions before appellate courts are required to be submitted to the unit that coordinates all civil litigation in the state for review and comment prior to filing. As part of my institution of "Best Practices" in my unit, I review anything submitted to them. Given the deadlines being imposed, I work with my attorneys so we are on the same page during drafting and work hard to provide quick substantive turnarounds.

That's the background.

Attorney has a filing due to the central unit Monday afternoon. Gets it to me Friday morning. I work on it most of Friday (around a court appearance I had), including an hour in his office discussing legal theory, I work on it all weekend. Get it to him Monday morning with instructions to see me if he has questions.

I ask him about it today and he says it was submitted. First, he did so without cc'ing me -in violation of office protocol. I look up what he submitted on the system and find that he completely ignored my significant revisions and switched back to a legal theory I told him not to take.

If you disagree with my review, bring it to me, discuss it with me, I get that it's your name on the pleading but I am responsible for this unit's litigation quality.

I got no problem with folks disagreeing with me. Just don't f'ing try to sneak something past me. Beyond angry right now.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:24 AM   #1657
los panda
Pro Bowl

red tape
Old 11-14-2014, 11:48 AM   #1658
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Grinding my own gears here (not as dirty as it sounds) - I really REALLY need to look for a new job but I can't shake a ridiculous level of laziness on my part.

Our company got a new CEO last summer and he's really starting to push a lot of changes that make no sense for what our unit does. We're going through a massive re-org and they're moving us to a crappier location just south of Baltimore in order to consolidate offices. It was arbitrarily decided that the move is going to happen by 12/1 (should be a fun week before Thanksgiving) even though the new space won't be ready by then.
Plus, due to the re-org we basically have to reapply for our current jobs. The company is using the guise that it wants to make sure that people are doing the jobs they want to do and are most qualified for, but our re-defined job descriptions haven't even been published yet. Basically, it's like they're trying to start a brand new company and ignoring the fact that they are currently running a very large existing one.

I wonder if Burger King is hiring?!?
Old 11-14-2014, 01:42 PM   #1659
over the mountain
Playmaker

i am also grinding my own gears.

I really enjoy it when you pull into a parking spot and when you step out of your car, you step into a puddle of coffee or soda the person who parked there right before you decided to pour out.

i have done that twice now the past week. just poured out my old coffee right where i know someone else will pull up and try to step out of their driver's side door.

WTF is going on with me. another 10 years from now, will i be so beaten down and bitter from working and rush hour that i stop following the rules of politeness and civility all together?

winter is coming.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:50 PM   #1660
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

42 degrees outside and for some reason the a/c is blowing on inside. damn

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #1661
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Grinding my own gears here (not as dirty as it sounds) - I really REALLY need to look for a new job but I can't shake a ridiculous level of laziness on my part.

Our company got a new CEO last summer and he's really starting to push a lot of changes that make no sense for what our unit does. We're going through a massive re-org and they're moving us to a crappier location just south of Baltimore in order to consolidate offices. It was arbitrarily decided that the move is going to happen by 12/1 (should be a fun week before Thanksgiving) even though the new space won't be ready by then.
Plus, due to the re-org we basically have to reapply for our current jobs. The company is using the guise that it wants to make sure that people are doing the jobs they want to do and are most qualified for, but our re-defined job descriptions haven't even been published yet. Basically, it's like they're trying to start a brand new company and ignoring the fact that they are currently running a very large existing one.

I wonder if Burger King is hiring?!?
before you leave, step up and share the dysfunction w them. they'll appreciate it, and you have nothing to lose if you were out the door anyways!
Old 11-14-2014, 04:52 PM   #1662
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
i am also grinding my own gears.

I really enjoy it when you pull into a parking spot and when you step out of your car, you step into a puddle of coffee or soda the person who parked there right before you decided to pour out.

i have done that twice now the past week. just poured out my old coffee right where i know someone else will pull up and try to step out of their driver's side door.

WTF is going on with me. another 10 years from now, will i be so beaten down and bitter from working and rush hour that i stop following the rules of politeness and civility all together?

winter is coming.
once, i parked just outside the door of a gas station. i opened my door, stepped out, and stepped directly onto a beer can - attracting the attention of the 2 police officers drinking coffee by the front door.

i walked right past them inside the store, hoping they would know that the can was not mine. i was in line when one of them walked up to me and asked "this is a dumb question, but did that beer can come from your car?"

"no."

"have a nice night."
Old 11-24-2014, 11:27 AM   #1663
over the mountain
Playmaker

someone rummaged through my car the other night and took ..... my wheel lock key. it looks like a lug nut and sits in this nylon lil pouch that says "wheel lock key" on it.

they didnt take anything else. the only thing of value is my car seat.

someone also stole one of my trash cans .. again why? i assume it was some construction guys doing a job near by.

actually they did take all my change, which was mostly pennies anyway.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:54 AM   #1664
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

grinding gear christmas style....wrapping presents. I mean whats the effin point? And plus the fact i suck at it...im always missing something, i need a gift box, more tape, etc. Eff wrapping presents, that is all!

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:04 AM   #1665
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
grinding gear christmas style....wrapping presents. I mean whats the effin point? And plus the fact i suck at it...im always missing something, i need a gift box, more tape, etc. Eff wrapping presents, that is all!
Driving on Christmas eve ,folks my Christmas is just as important as your's ,stop driving like and ass !!!!!