Josh Harris finalizes deal to buy Commanders

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-29-2023, 01:27 PM   #151
calia
Playmaker

Re: Josh Harris finalizes deal to buy Commanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Every team on the east coast can be the Redwolves. I originally liked that name the most. But I think that actually takes away from the name for us. It wouldn't be original, it would just have "red" in the name.

I like the fact that it would be the only canine mascot in the NFL (and if you don’t like dogs, I’ve got nothing for you).

Woof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 07-29-2023, 03:41 PM   #152
rocnrik
Playmaker

Washington is known for politics and being nations capital … those names have been taken .. capitals,nationals,senators, still don’t understand the wizards name.. that leaves very few options in that line of thinking .. Monuments but that sucks for a name .. back to the Native American theme .. warriors.. I always liked that! Warpath ain’t horrible , but I don’t like adding Red to the name .. Washington Apache,Comanche( not much better than Commanders) .. it’s not gonna be easy to come up with THE obvious name brand .. with so many names allready taken ..if my memory is correct the final list of names were all bad .. and while Danny boy owned the team any name he chose would be frowned upon .. I believe that a winning team is the answer .. I refer to the team as Washington and the nickname is something that once we win it will be acceptable..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 06:10 PM   #153
That Guy
Living Legend

abe pollin didn't like bullets re: gun violence etc. I believe that went through a fan vote of sorts, and there's at least some alliteration. I wasn't mad about that (not a hardcore basketball fan either though).

random thought: Washington Magic would be a truly awful name, but in a way that's also pretty funny. "Gotta go get me some of that washintgon magic."
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 12:31 AM   #154
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Native American group threatens boycott 'similar to Anheuser Busch' if Commanders ignore name petition

https://katu.com/news/nation-world/n...ud-light-busch
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 12:46 AM   #155
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Native American group threatens boycott 'similar to Anheuser Busch' if Commanders ignore name petition

So fucking glad Snyder is gone. Don't want him anywhere near this subject.

This isn't going anywhere. The Redskins name is gone forever. This shit is ridiculous.

60k signatures, lol. Also, lol, at thinking the name change had anything to do with how actual Native American's felt about the name, overall. The only votes that mattered were white liberals that think they're heroes for Native Americans and the small minority of Native Americans that didn't like the name. The one group that absolutely didn't matter (and the only one that should actually matter): The overwhelmingly wide majority of Native Americans that were indifferent of the name at worst or supportive of it. They simply didn't get it. White liberals and a small minority of Native American's know better.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 08-08-2023 at 01:03 AM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 03:27 PM   #156
MTK
\m/

Harris and co might be wise to squash this name thing asap. Just say we’re rolling with Commanders or say we’re going to investigate a new name but Redskins is 100% off the table. We’re fine with using the term in a historical sense, but we’re not going backwards on this.
Old 08-08-2023, 03:28 PM   #157
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Washington is known for politics and being nations capital … those names have been taken .. capitals,nationals,senators, still don’t understand the wizards name.. that leaves very few options in that line of thinking .. Monuments but that sucks for a name .. back to the Native American theme .. warriors.. I always liked that! Warpath ain’t horrible , but I don’t like adding Red to the name .. Washington Apache,Comanche( not much better than Commanders) .. it’s not gonna be easy to come up with THE obvious name brand .. with so many names allready taken ..if my memory is correct the final list of names were all bad .. and while Danny boy owned the team any name he chose would be frowned upon .. I believe that a winning team is the answer .. I refer to the team as Washington and the nickname is something that once we win it will be acceptable..
Any sort of tie to NA just isn’t going to happen. That’s why warriors didn’t fly.
Old 08-08-2023, 10:51 PM   #158
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Changing back to Redskins will never be an option. That shipped sailed. Maybe, just maybe they should have spoken up more loudly back in the days. Time to move forward.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 10:52 PM   #159
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Harris and co might be wise to squash this name thing asap. Just say we’re rolling with Commanders or say we’re going to investigate a new name but Redskins is 100% off the table. We’re fine with using the term in a historical sense, but we’re not going backwards on this.

This.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 12:05 AM   #160
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Changing back to Redskins will never be an option. That shipped sailed. Maybe, just maybe they should have spoken up more loudly back in the days. Time to move forward.
I agree. Just thought the article was interesting. I don't remember seeing any Native American organization so adamant about keeping or bringing back the Redskins name.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 12:11 PM   #161
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
So fucking glad Snyder is gone. Don't want him anywhere near this subject.

This isn't going anywhere. The Redskins name is gone forever. This shit is ridiculous.

60k signatures, lol. Also, lol, at thinking the name change had anything to do with how actual Native American's felt about the name, overall. The only votes that mattered were white liberals that think they're heroes for Native Americans and the small minority of Native Americans that didn't like the name. The one group that absolutely didn't matter (and the only one that should actually matter): The overwhelmingly wide majority of Native Americans that were indifferent of the name at worst or supportive of it. They simply didn't get it. White liberals and a small minority of Native American's know better.
Facts as fuck. Woke is a joke.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 12:52 PM   #162
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I think A lot of you guys forget how hard DS Fought to keep the name
Old 08-09-2023, 10:47 PM   #163
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Changing back to Redskins will never be an option. That shipped sailed. Maybe, just maybe they should have spoken up more loudly back in the days....
It was a surprise name change. They, along with the rest of us, thought that issue had been put to rest after the WP poll. The name change push peaked prior to poll and had declined in the years afterward and then bam we got blindsided by the little twerp changing the name.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 02:16 AM   #164
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
I agree. Just thought the article was interesting. I don't remember seeing any Native American organization so adamant about keeping or bringing back the Redskins name.

The whole thing seems off. Where was this coalition a few years ago? Why are they only surfacing now?

Just win games. Can we do that for a change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2023, 07:46 AM   #165
That Guy
Living Legend

I imagine no one is verifying that petition. either way, fedex threatened the money and that's what got dan to change his mind. No way anyone would be willing to invite that kind of distraction back.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote