Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

What would it take?

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-30-2017, 09:24 AM   #151
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: What would it take?

The funny thing about all these executive orders and the uproar is that they are all either based on existing laws that President Obama used his pen and phone to ignore or they are temporary orders while new policies are evaluated and written by the Congress. I feel sympathy for those caught in the wake of the ship of state making a wide turn, but for example with the entrance ban, at most over the weekend we were talking about 200 people out of hundreds of thousands of passengers.
If the Congress wants to expedite a law, than write it up, submit it, and pass better laws.

And most importantly work together to accomplish it, but we know neither side wants that...
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-30-2017, 02:12 PM   #152
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The funny thing about all these executive orders and the uproar is that they are all either based on existing laws that President Obama used his pen and phone to ignore or they are temporary orders while new policies are evaluated and written by the Congress.
Here are the differences between what Obama, Carter and Trump executive orders. There is a huge difference.

Sorry, Mr. President: The Obama Administration Did Nothing Similar to Your Immigration Ban | Foreign Policy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5e3269e4e9da
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 01-30-2017 at 02:42 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:39 PM   #153
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He's not fucking around and good for him. It's about time someone started putting American lives and the safety of our country first.

He going to ban lawnmowers next? Weak minded people are driven by fear. The things they fear the most aren't even the things most dangerous to them. Amazing what media can do to people.

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 01-30-2017, 02:46 PM   #154
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Tell Schumer to let the senate appoint the new VA chief so they can fix the VA.

5 days of a hiring freeze isn't doing any more harm than 8 years of neglect and incompetent leadership. As a vet who uses the VA I am more willing to say lets get it right rather than more of the same.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
I think you need to look at your own party for the failing of the VA.

5 Times Republicans in Congress Screwed Veterans
Old 01-30-2017, 03:04 PM   #155
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I think you need to look at your own party for the failing of the VA.

5 Times Republicans in Congress Screwed Veterans
same thing I said to G1. I agree. It misses the point in this discussion, but I agree.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:05 PM   #156
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
He going to ban lawnmowers next? Weak minded people are driven by fear. The things they fear the most aren't even the things most dangerous to them. Amazing what media can do to people.

you forgot pool drownings. I am big on pool drownings.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:22 PM   #157
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
[/B]

You won't hear them talk about a lot of things. You won't hear them talk about the Somalian guy who tried to kill innocent Ohio State students with his car and a butcher knife.

I know we kinda moved on a bit but this came to mind.I was thirteen and a freshman in high school.

I am afraid for this country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FakLUusNlXc
Old 01-30-2017, 04:54 PM   #158
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I know we kinda moved on a bit but this came to mind.I was thirteen and a freshman in high school.

I am afraid for this country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FakLUusNlXc
It seems to me this is reason to hope for the country. We have had times of great strife, government violence on it's own people, brothers fighting brothers, but our nation has survived.

Even now, when sane and rational people can absolutely air their 100% disagreements, in public and via the net, we don't resort to governmental violence (even if some protesters have). We witnessed an inauguration crowd peacefully witness the transition of polar opposites, only to have the very next day the streets filled with peaceful protesters against the people involved in that very transition. Our national guards are held to higher standards and have shown tremendous restraint even as protesters filled cities like Baltimore, and St Louis. We have airports filled with protesters making their feelings and points known, but no fatal governmental response has occurred.

It's easy to fall into the fear politics of either side, but step back, take a deep breath, and remember that this country was built by people of every race, creed and gender who loved this country more than the issues that divide us. Some will say Trump builds a base of fear, others (me included) say the democrats and liberal media build fear into the soul of their supporters, but we ALL should be able to agree that the US is what we all want to build up. And our history, I think, shows that times of great division have in the past made us a stronger, and better, country, even as we fight amongst ourselves.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:48 PM   #159
MTK
\m/

This Spicer guy eh?

Sean Spicer Retweets the Onion Calling Job Misinformation

https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/26/sean-spicer-n9y25ah7/

But those emails right?

Report: Trump still uses his unsecured Android phone to tweet | Computerworld
Old 01-30-2017, 10:45 PM   #160
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

I've worked in media since 1997 and ignore it for the most part. All you need to do is take a look at what's going on in Germany and England. Immigrants are sexually assaulting women, they're committing robbery. These are facts, not media bullshit.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:00 AM   #161
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

This administration is a train wreck in motion. What a cluster fuck these guys are. Absolutely shameful. Dictator Trump wants it his way or your out.

Fired: Trump dumps top lawyer who defied immigration order | Reuters

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/30/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0
Old 01-31-2017, 05:27 AM   #162
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
This administration is a train wreck in motion. What a cluster fuck these guys are. Absolutely shameful. Dictator Trump wants it his way or your out.

LOL, well there goes the "hiring freeze" .
Old 01-31-2017, 06:24 AM   #163
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Although at a higher level this is akin to the official who was fired for not validating gay marriages. Its all political theater. Yates was out in a week anyways when Sessions is approved so she took a stand.
Its not very shocking that an Obama hack wouldn't understand the concept of enforcing the law

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2017, 07:14 AM   #164
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:

It might have been a shitty thing to do but the actual firing comes down to the fact that constitutionally, she was not obeying the law which says they must obey executive orders that are issued. Even the federal judges who "repealed" Trump's order only had the power to temporarily halt it, and even then, they were only allowed to modify the order to allow people with existing visas the ability to travel.

The federal court cannot over-rule the executive branch. What happens next when they meet about this issue again, they will vote, and if Trump gets two thirds of the majority vote from the house and senate, then his order will stand.

The first federal judge to defy Trump's order was a first-year judge trying to make a name for herself. Sally Yates was leftover from the Obama Administration, and even then she was only supposed to be an interim appointment. In both cases, trying to cross the President of the United States was not smart for either person's career.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:56 AM   #165
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

If Trump's executive order, any of them, were blatantly unconstitutional, then Yates would have been in the right to not defend them in court, and she still likely would have been fired.

But

Trump's order is not unconstitutional - it is not a ban of all Muslims, it is not infringing on the rights of any US naturalized or native born citizen, it does not deny freedom of religious expression or free speech (heck it clearly gives opponents more opportunities to use that valued right), and it is based on existing law that has been used more selectively for the same principle.

We will quickly see how deep Trump's support goes. Clearly the activist base of the Democratic party is energized and out in full force. If Trump's support is broad enough to force the Republican party to stay the course, then these protests could be the last gasp of a dying democratic resistance. If the Republican's in the Senate don't stand with Trump's "movement" then it will flame out, and Trump will be a one term lame duck president.

We seem to be living through a defining epochal in our history.