Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #151
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
If we don't turn it over 4 times I'd bet we would have won by 10.

We were our own worst enemy today.
true that - lasting impression will be the td to cruz though - but yes we beat ourselves - i still say we win the division

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #152
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
The thing the bites the most about this game is the effort that RG3 turned in, yet our fate was the defense's hands.

Let me say this. Yes, the turnovers and penalties were egregious and unacceptable. But you don't let Victor fukcing Cruz run free on a fly pattern with a minute to go. That is simply unforgivable. And yes, I'm calling for Haslett to be fired.
Yeah, I'm baffled as to why our CB's didn't bump at the LOS to throw off the Timing and why we didn't have one Safety back just to eliminate that sort of play.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #153
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

I blame Shanahan and Allen. Almost halfway through year three and our win loss record is the worst of the Snyder era.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #154
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
Another one for moobys list...
Most definitely. A lateral move to the Redskins as d-coordinator? Sure, why wouldn't that be appealing to someone on an elite team with a good defense? Why don't we just see if we can get Dick LeBeau over here?

Make no mistake, Madieu Williams cheating towards the line in preparation to stop the short throw cost us big time today, but I believe the turnovers on 3 consecutive drives cost us even worse.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #155
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
the thing the bites the most about this game is the effort that rg3 turned in, yet our fate was the defense's hands.

Let me say this. Yes, the turnovers and penalties were egregious and unacceptable. But you don't let victor fukcing cruz run free on a fly pattern with a minute to go. That is simply unforgivable. And yes, i'm calling for haslett to be fired.
this
Old 10-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #156
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
true that - lasting impression will be the td to cruz though - but yes we beat ourselves - i still say we win the division
The foretold division leading/SB bound Eagles are in shambles, the Cowboys don't seem impressive this year, and the Giants were almost beaten. Its a possibility if this team can figure out how to resolve the secondary issues.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #157
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Overlooked is that the NYG's scored 26 points last week against the ferocious San Fran defense. This is not some pansy offense that rolled us.

At the same time, no way Cruz should be behind the entire defense on that play.

I am with GTripp ... that fact that we are starting M. Williams is somebody's fault. The personnel choices that ended w/ him starting need to be reevaluated. On the other hand, calls for Haslett's head at this point strike me as foolish and unneeded desparation.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #158
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN

Osi Umenyiora on RGIII: "That guy is flat-out unbelievable. I’m not even going to lie. That’s the best quarterback we’ve played this year."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I am with GTripp ... that fact that we are starting M. Williams is somebody's fault. The personnel choices that ended w/ him starting need to be reevaluated. On the other hand, calls for Haslett's head at this point strike me as foolish and unneeded desparation.
Both of our safeties are out. Who exactly should they have brought in that would have done any better? I floated this before (not you) and still haven't received a answer to this.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 10-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #159
jbcjr14
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Turnovers killed us. No need to look much further for the reason why we lost.
+1 and we fought our guts out.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #160
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I blame Shanahan and Allen. Almost halfway through year three and our win loss record is the worst of the Snyder era.
So you want to go back to trading all of our picks for washed up players and signing lazy players to 100 mil contracts over drafting RG3, Morris, Kerrigan, and other younger players. Shanny deserves a fair amount of lumps, mainly trading for McNabb. But we have some pretty good young players, and we could rarely say that during the Snyderatto era.

Ok, after reading most of the chicken little stories, I might as well add one for Mooby's list.

If we are blaming people on the sideline for the Cruz catch, I say we blame RG3 for it. He is supposed to be Superman and clearly he didnt circle the globe fast enough to reverse time and give us another shot at that play. Trade him for a 7th rounder in 2035 and lets move on with the rebuild. Am I doing the hate for my favorite team properly?
Old 10-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #161
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Because I'm now in the light-hearted phase of getting over a loss (first anger, then sadness, currently light-hearted, in a couple days will be optimistic) I'm enjoying this GIF of our waterboy holding the fort down. Waterboy for game mvp!

Old 10-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #162
jdc65
Special Teams

Very discouraging way to lose a big game. I have absolutely no confidence in a Redskin defense to make a big stop in a key situation, and today's loss just amplifies that hopelessness. This would have been Shanahan's biggest victory in D.C. in my opinion, but now I believe it is his worst loss here.

The reality is this team has a losing mentality, they've had it since Gibbs-ll left, and Shanahan has done zero to instill a winning attitude here. Yes, he brought Griffin here, and Robert is clearly a winner, but this loss has to sting him pretty good. Cam Newton is already shot in Carolina because of the losing, and his play has been progressively getting worse. Losses like this can have longer term negative effects, and this is another bad loss in yet another season slipping away.

The defense is far worse now than it was when Shanahan took over, and can't be relied on at all to make winning plays in crunch time. The offense is working because Griffin has put it on his shoulders, and dominated with his ability and misdirection. Too much is on him to carry this team, and as a result, pressure intensifies. Too much pressure leads to mistakes and takes away the fun of playing.

This team cannot win unless a rookie quarterback makes huge plays consistantly. Inexcuseable. This is what happens with those continued expectations. Look no further than Cam Newton and the Panthers. A stud with a promising future getting flushed down the toilet under the weight of enormous pressure. Shanahan has had 3 years now to build a solid foundation and instill a winning attitude. 3 years to build a quality team that believes in itself and spreads the responsibility of winning evenly.

The foundation consists exactly of Robert Griffin the 3rd. And now he is being indoctrinated into the league with a losing mentality and unnecessary pressure to outperform. Worse, his mistakes are also amplified. The team is supposed to be carrying the rookie, not the other way around. Losing is contagious, and this team reeks of it. The Shanny mystique is completely gone, and confidence in him has to also. Losing is the expected outcome, and that is unacceptable.

This team will not be consistant winners with him in charge in my honest opinion. The die has been cast, the Rubicon has been crossed, the fire is gone. Losing is the Redskin-Shanahan way, and now a bright prospect's future will likely be adversely affected. 4 bad losses already this year, each worse than the one before, and would be more if not for Griffin's stellar play. The Head Coach has no answers, only acceptance.

Follow Newton and the Panthers for a look into the near future. Losing is poison, and destroys everything it touches. Some very difficult decisions will need to be made, sooner than later, and it starts at the top. It starts with Mike Shanahan.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #163
SOUL-SKINS
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc65 View Post
Very discouraging way to lose a big game. I have absolutely no confidence in a Redskin defense to make a big stop in a key situation, and today's loss just amplifies that hopelessness. This would have been Shanahan's biggest victory in D.C. in my opinion, but now I believe it is his worst loss here.

The reality is this team has a losing mentality, they've had it since Gibbs-ll left, and Shanahan has done zero to instill a winning attitude here. Yes, he brought Griffin here, and Robert is clearly a winner, but this loss has to sting him pretty good. Cam Newton is already shot in Carolina because of the losing, and his play has been progressively getting worse. Losses like this can have longer term negative effects, and this is another bad loss in yet another season slipping away.

The defense is far worse now than it was when Shanahan took over, and can't be relied on at all to make winning plays in crunch time. The offense is working because Griffin has put it on his shoulders, and dominated with his ability and misdirection. Too much is on him to carry this team, and as a result, pressure intensifies. Too much pressure leads to mistakes and takes away the fun of playing.

This team cannot win unless a rookie quarterback makes huge plays consistantly. Inexcuseable. This is what happens with those continued expectations. Look no further than Cam Newton and the Panthers. A stud with a promising future getting flushed down the toilet under the weight of enormous pressure. Shanahan has had 3 years now to build a solid foundation and instill a winning attitude. 3 years to build a quality team that believes in itself and spreads the responsibility of winning evenly.

The foundation consists exactly of Robert Griffin the 3rd. And now he is being indoctrinated into the league with a losing mentality and unnecessary pressure to outperform. Worse, his mistakes are also amplified. The team is supposed to be carrying the rookie, not the other way around. Losing is contagious, and this team reeks of it. The Shanny mystique is completely gone, and confidence in him has to also. Losing is the expected outcome, and that is unacceptable.

This team will not be consistant winners with him in charge in my honest opinion. The die has been cast, the Rubicon has been crossed, the fire is gone. Losing is the Redskin-Shanahan way, and now a bright prospect's future will likely be adversely affected. 4 bad losses already this year, each worse than the one before, and would be more if not for Griffin's stellar play. The Head Coach has no answers, only acceptance.

Follow Newton and the Panthers for a look into the near future. Losing is poison, and destroys everything it touches. Some very difficult decisions will need to be made, sooner than later, and it starts at the top. It starts with Mike Shanahan.
Wow ...
RGIII is NOT Cam ... Cam isn't a born leader ... RGIII is .... Awful post
Old 10-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #164
Gtothearry
The Starter

I love how one week the Skins are great if they win and the next week they're awful if they lose. The Skins lost a game they easily could've won against a team who just beat down a 49ers team regarded as the best in the NFL.

Griffin is no Cam Newton. The kid is a fantastic person who cares about winning and isn't a egotistical child.

It's not doom and gloom people. We should be very excited about the future.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #165
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Overlooked is that the NYG's scored 26 points last week against the ferocious San Fran defense. This is not some pansy offense that rolled us.

At the same time, no way Cruz should be behind the entire defense on that play.

Yeah doo doo Williams is certainly a liability, but if we had addressed the safety position than some other postition would be a liability. Obviously secondary will be the number one focus this offseason. Rome wasnt built in a day. I personally am all for firing Haslett - I mean the guy has basically been a borderline slouch as a DC everywhere he has gone. He went to Pittsburgh and inherited a pretty good defense which got worse year after year with him at the helm until they let him go. Im just not sure why you keep him around. If it is because we are waiting for him to "do his thing" - well his 15 year track record says that is not going to happen.
Closed Thread