Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2012 53 man Roster predictions

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #151
RGIII

Re: 2012 53 man Roster predictions

We need a cut-15 thread. Someone take a stab.
RGIII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #152
RonnieBurgundy
Camp Scrub

I agree. One for the first set would be nice.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #153
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I dont think he is going to get more than five carries saturday.
Call me Nostradamus. Lol
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #154
RGIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Call me Nostradamus. Lol
I took it as you thought he wouldn't impress. As is he would have 5 carries for 10 yards.
RGIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #155
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGIII View Post
I took it as you thought he wouldn't impress. As is he would have 5 carries for 10 yards.
No not at all. Just that they werent gonna overwork him.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:18 AM   #156
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Based on Smoot's take on the Helu situation I think it's pretty likely the RB stable is Hightower, Royster and Morris. Keeping Hightower I understand because he's a fantastic locker room guy and all around quality back. Not special, just quality. Morris I get because we've already seen him do some things that haven't been seen since CP's early years in the B & G. And putting Helu on the IR I totally get because when healthy the kid is a gamechanger.

But I don't get the love for Royster. He's (ultimately) limited by things that cannot be improved...size and speed. You can make him stronger. And reps will likely improve his vision. But what's his potential? Helu, Morris and even T Davis all have a higher ceiling. But then you see the brain-trust take the same "limited upside" approach at the WR position. You commit your #1 WR money to a guy who's just six foot, lacks the kind of blistering speed necessary to make a six foot WR elite (think Mike Wallace), and lacks the uncanny ability to always create space or make a play on the jump ball (think Steve Smith - Panthers).
Old 08-27-2012, 04:21 AM   #157
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Based on Smoot's take on the Helu situation I think it's pretty likely the RB stable is Hightower, Royster and Morris. Keeping Hightower I understand because he's a fantastic locker room guy and all around quality back. Not special, just quality. Morris I get because we've already seen him do some things that haven't been seen since CP's early years in the B & G. And putting Helu on the IR I totally get because when healthy the kid is a gamechanger.

But I don't get the love for Royster. He's (ultimately) limited by things that cannot be improved...size and speed. You can make him stronger. And reps will likely improve his vision. But what's his potential? Helu, Morris and even T Davis all have a higher ceiling. But then you see the brain-trust take the same "limited upside" approach at the WR position. You commit your #1 WR money to a guy who's just six foot, lacks the kind of blistering speed necessary to make a six foot WR elite (think Mike Wallace), and lacks the uncanny ability to always create space or make a play on the jump ball (think Steve Smith - Panthers).
i agree, but who were they going to get? they needed someone for RGIII and calvin johnson just wasn't available.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #158
scowan
The Starter

Quote:

So you are thinking Helu doesn't make the roster? What are we looking at.... Morris as the starter with Hightower in relief or is it Royster the starter and Hightower the relief? Man if you are in a fantasy draft avoid the Redskins backfield totally.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #159
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
i agree, but who were they going to get? they needed someone for RGIII and calvin johnson just wasn't available.
I know, and I hope Garcon makes me look the fool because he puts up #1 type numbers.

But I would have waited on WR, kept Gaffney another year, and looked to the draft/FA in 2013. Unless Garcon becomes our best downfield threat this season his contract was a mistake by the FO. Right now, Davis is far and away our best downfield threat, followed by Tana in the slot and then maybe Garcon, or Morgan who is bigger and stronger than Garcon.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #160
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
So you are thinking Helu doesn't make the roster? What are we looking at.... Morris as the starter with Hightower in relief or is it Royster the starter and Hightower the relief? Man if you are in a fantasy draft avoid the Redskins backfield totally.
SmootSmack said Helu's injury status is bad enough he won't be able to contribute, but I can't imagine we'd cut him so I'm hoping IR. I think Hightower is likely to start because of his leadership. Morris should be next and then Royster but it sounds like the coaches think otherwise?
Old 08-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #161
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
But I don't get the love for Royster.
I love seeing 5.9 YPC.

Check his game log last season. How can you not love that?
Old 08-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #162
Pigskins

Garçon is a huge upgrade over gaffney, younger and more potential. Also he had a better statistical year last year with a shitty QB. Idk why everyone here is so concerned with the money part of the organization, Bruce Allen can make things work and if there is a big time receiver out there next year I have no doubt we can sign him or any other player we want. I can't recall a time when there was a big time FA out there that we wanted that we couldn't get bc of our salary cap
Pigskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #163
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Garcon will be one of the top WRs in the NFC this season. He and RGIII will start connecting on those 60-yard bombs they were trying on Saturday. The timing will come. As we saw on the first TD against the Bills, Garcon is dangerous on screens too.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #164
mbedner3420
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Garcon will be one of the top WRs in the NFC this season. He and RGIII will start connecting on those 60-yard bombs they were trying on Saturday. The timing will come. As we saw on the first TD against the Bills, Garcon is dangerous on screens too.
I agree. He should have an extremely strong season.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #165
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

I hope the coaches decide to keep Dezmon Briscoe. He's a definite red zone threat.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote