Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Haynesworth Appreciation Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-24-2009, 08:07 PM   #151
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: Haynesworth Appreciation Thread

Just like the Atlanta fight, this one began because Hall and Jacobs are both windbags who talk a good game, and struggle to back it up on the field. It's not often that our corner will end up on their running back, but c'mon, who among us is honestly shocked that this happened?

As for Hall, I mean, the best thing that came out of this is that Haynesworth was willing to come over and defend him when Jacobs started swinging. No one on New York was quick to rush to the defense of Jacobs. That says something. Maybe it's just that the Giants are more focused on the game than the Redskins are. Or maybe it says that they don't like Jacobs. Or maybe both.

Advertisements
Old 12-24-2009, 11:40 PM   #152
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Look, I always wanted AH to come here, even when people didn't want him here, I feel that more people like that he's here now, and rightfully so. He's easily our best Dlineman, and plays with heart and how the game is supposed to be played. Remember against Atlanta D-Hall got into the scuffle then the whole falcon bench comes over and surrounds D-hall, and starts pushing him. Then out of nowwhere comes fat al and he just pushes a bunch of falcons aside and get Dhall out of there, and makes other falcons scarred of him. Then came the other night when again D-hall(see a trend here) gets into a scuffle with brandon jacobs and not many people are gonna fight brandon, but who comes to the rescue, the $100 million man, 6'6 350lb Albert Haynesworth. He's not afraid to swing and start shit with the other team. He could care less about fines. Oh and I forgot to mention, him making all that money being guranteed, it surprises me and Really makes me happy that every time he gets injured he doesn't say, "I can't play this week," or "Sit me coach". No, he makes efforts to play and even when he injures his ankle in games or gets carted off the field, he still returns, and still wants to play to prove something to the other team and his own team. I also like Al because he isn't afraid to speak his mind, if he thinks we played bad he'll say it. If Blache is holding him back, he'll say it, if Zorn is holding him out from practicing he'll say it.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:15 AM   #153
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Butz was one of the very first if not the first 300lb DT so he was way ahead of his time. Guy never came off the field and didn't play soft.
Yo how old were you when Dave Butz and Darrly Grant played? Do you remember Diron Talbert and Ron McDole? How about Duane Thomas when you were speaking about character issues on a another post.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:19 AM   #154
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Look, I always wanted AH to come here, even when people didn't want him here, I feel that more people like that he's here now, and rightfully so. He's easily our best Dlineman, and plays with heart and how the game is supposed to be played. Remember against Atlanta D-Hall got into the scuffle then the whole falcon bench comes over and surrounds D-hall, and starts pushing him. Then out of nowwhere comes fat al and he just pushes a bunch of falcons aside and get Dhall out of there, and makes other falcons scarred of him. Then came the other night when again D-hall(see a trend here) gets into a scuffle with brandon jacobs and not many people are gonna fight brandon, but who comes to the rescue, the $100 million man, 6'6 350lb Albert Haynesworth. He's not afraid to swing and start shit with the other team. He could care less about fines. Oh and I forgot to mention, him making all that money being guranteed, it surprises me and Really makes me happy that every time he gets injured he doesn't say, "I can't play this week," or "Sit me coach". No, he makes efforts to play and even when he injures his ankle in games or gets carted off the field, he still returns, and still wants to play to prove something to the other team and his own team. I also like Al because he isn't afraid to speak his mind, if he thinks we played bad he'll say it. If Blache is holding him back, he'll say it, if Zorn is holding him out from practicing he'll say it.
I would appreciate it more if D Hall took a beating and Haynesworth didn't stand up for him but our defense didn't bitch out and give up 45 points to the Giants at FedEx but that's just me.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:21 AM   #155
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
We're better w/out him. The defense was better last year. Yes we're getting more sacks but that's cause of Orakpo. AH will make a great play and then he loafs the next 5 plays cause he has no stamina. What do you think guys like Griff and Goldston think looking at this dude always come out the game yet he makes 10 times what they do? Sorry but give me two guys that hustle at half his price. I would've brought in Tank Johnson.
Great so you would rather bring in a convicted criminal who went to jail for numerous gun charges. That is why you are not ever going to be in a supervisor position because you are not a good judge of character.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:45 AM   #156
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
The above post had not one thing to do with stats. I can pull out all sorts of fancy metrics that pinpoint exactly where our defense ranks and what our pass rush ranks and such, but there's nothing that would justify the above.

Like you said, I think the Titans are missing him, but he had 8 sacks last year with them. I think our scheme is primarily responsible for the downturn in production. And I think he's been great here, particularly in short yardage situations. I think there's a whole number of stats that would show his impact for our team. But ultimately, I feel that there's not enough there to suggest that Carter and Orakpo's production is due to anyone except themselves.
Well A/H said Blache is not letting him play like he did with the Titans. He wants to be turned lose.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:48 AM   #157
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
LOOK AT THE VIDEO!!!!!! It's on You Tube. Eli is getting sacked and the wistle is clearly BLOWN!!! Hall comes running up to Jacobs and nails him in the facemask AFTER the wistle is blown. The play was CLEARLY blown dead. Hall DESERVED to get punched and thrown to the ground like the girl that he is cause he acted like a bitch.
Both Jacobs and Hall clearly did not hear the whistle...Jacobs got the ball and Hall made a play on the ball and stripped it. If you take of your biased glasses for a second, you'll see Hall watching the toss from Manning to Jacobs develop, and he goes for the ball. If anyone is being a bitch, it would be Jacobs, since he retaliated when Hall was going for the ball. Once again, weak argument from your part.

Quote:
You're getting your ass beat 38-12 and you're looking for a fight with a guy who will stomp your face in???
Yeah he was looking for a fight, I mean it's not like he was going for the ball or something.

Quote:
I can't stand Hall and I don't care if he didn't get fined. He started it cause he's a loser
Obviously you can't stand thet guy, so much that you come and make these bogus arguments (on a thread that wasn't even about Hall!!). And they are bogus because the league didn't fine him. You think in a league where Chad Ochocinco gets fined 20K for wearing a f'ing sombrero, a player who started a fight wouldn't get fined?

Quote:
Manley and Riggins were no saints. But they didn't come in out of shape and they didn't pull the on the field antics that Hall does. Personally I don't care what these guys do off the field. But RESPECT THE GAME. That means be a fucking PROFESSIONAL.
Manley was a great player, but you forget he was banned from the league for failing multiple drug tests, how's that being a professional and respecting the game? I'm sorry but when your actions off the field affect your play on the field, that's not being a professional (just ask Pacman Jones).

Once again, just give it up with this because you can't win when you make up stuff. Maybe you'll get lucky and Hall will do something, but until then just stick to the facts.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:06 AM   #158
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I'm thinking of changing the title of this thread to "Selective Memory Appreciation Thread" or "The Eyes See What They Want Appreciation Thread"
Old 12-25-2009, 10:41 AM   #159
MTK
\m/

Redskins Insider - Haynesworth, Jacobs fined for Monday's skirmish

Fines for Jacobs & Al, but nothing for Hall. Again.

How does the bitch get away with it?
Old 12-25-2009, 10:56 AM   #160
dmek25
MVP

that damned Hall. always a bridesmaid......
Old 12-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #161
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Redskins Insider - Haynesworth, Jacobs fined for Monday's skirmish

Fines for Jacobs & Al, but nothing for Hall. Again.

How does the bitch get away with it?
hall did nothing to warrant a fine.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:13 PM   #162
ethat001
Impact Rookie

Was Haynes-Worth it? Our defense got demolished last game (NYG) and he was in there. He had that sack that prevented a touchdown, but we still gave up a ton of points...
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #163
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethat001 View Post
Was Haynes-Worth it? Our defense got demolished last game (NYG) and he was in there. He had that sack that prevented a touchdown, but we still gave up a ton of points...
Let the next D-coordinator determine that.........
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:28 PM   #164
dmek25
MVP

By David Elfin on Dec. 25, 2009 into Redskins 360
The 2009 Redskins can't even get through Christmas Day without controversy.

Albert Haynesworth, the team's highest-paid player, just left the facility after a heated discussion with coach Jim Zorn.

As his teammates warmed up before practice, Haynesworth and Zorn got into it on an adjacent field. Defensive coordinator Greg Blache finally walked over to try to play peacemaker, but Haynesworth soon walked into the building. Not long afterwards, the All-Pro defensive tackle drove away from Redskins Park.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:45 PM   #165
skins89moss
Playmaker

Why are they even practicing on christmas for? Oh i guess they are trying to beat dallas to save the coaching staffs jobs. Give the players the day off this season is thankfully over and we can get this team back on the winning track with coaches who have experience and championship pedigree. Let the young players play to get nfl game experience. Beating dallas proves nothing and all we do is move down in the draft order,so who cares now about winning anymore games this season. The giants game should that our players gave up after the gmen smashed us in the mouth. Albert in joy xmas with your kids while zorn think he is still the head coach.