Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 10:05 PM   #151
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: Colt Brennan Says He'll "Play A Ton" In The Preseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
What does Matt Ryan have that JC doesnt?? both have a good running back behind them and we have a better D than ATL. defenses stack the line to slow CP yet JC cant take advantage. thats how those one on one situations like i showed earlier happen. But JC throws short more often than not. stats dont lie. 0 tds on 3rd down.
I think, this is a good argument you just made.

My point would be this: Matt Ryan has only 11 career wins. One of those was a comeback win, and it was a great comeback (over Chicago), but his game winning drive lasted one play, and six seconds, so it was less of a great comeback than a single excellent throw. At this point next year, Jason Campbell could be a pro bowl quarterback...and Matt Ryan could still be the better QB of the two. Not being as good as Matt Ryan does not imply failure.

I also think that what you are perceiving as a Campbell problem (poor third down passing production) is an entire offense problem. Campbell is not exempt from that, but out of all those third down failures, it comes back to perhaps 3-6 offensive third down plays where you could say that Jason Campbell did not execute. The rest falls on the players around him.

I definitely don't agree with your conclusion, but I think you handle evidence better than either irish, or nflnick11.

Advertisements
Old 07-06-2009, 10:05 PM   #152
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Our defense is better than ATL. so obviousley their offense did more to lead them to the playoffs. now what??
I guess I'll respond on behalf of the mysterious person you are replying to in this post. You and Cowboy-fan Nflick are arguing against Jason Campbell, making it sound like he is SOLELY responsible for the Skins' offensive problems.

Yes, the ATL offense did more to lead them to the playoffs...
- ATL's o-line tied 5th for least sacks allowed
- ATL's running game was 2nd in yards and YPG
- ATL's receivers did enough to help them win games

And well ATL's defense did have more sacks than our defense.
R.I.P. #21
Old 07-06-2009, 10:09 PM   #153
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
So a top 5 defense isnt good enough for us to win?
I think a top five defense is plenty good enough to win.

If we had a top five defense last year, we would have won 10 or 11 games and made the playoffs.

The results, of course, suggest that our defense was not top five, in either the traditional or literal sense.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #154
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
It is what it is, the offense scoring 13 pts a game over the 2nd half of the season is why we missed the playoffs. And YES it all falls on the QB. He is the one with the ball in his hands, its his job to move the team down the field and put them in position to score.
He didnt get the job done which is why the FO tried to upgrade, which is why we couldnt trade him and is the same reason why he is now in the last yr of his contract.
Previously the Giants looked into trades for Eli Manning. Manning is also in the last year of his contract. Following your logic, the Giants do not see Eli as a capable franchise qb. This is ludicrous.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 07-06-2009, 10:15 PM   #155
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
It is what it is, the offense scoring 13 pts a game over the 2nd half of the season is why we missed the playoffs. And YES it all falls on the QB. He is the one with the ball in his hands, its his job to move the team down the field and put them in position to score.
He didnt get the job done which is why the FO tried to upgrade, which is why we couldnt trade him and is the same reason why he is now in the last yr of his contract.
Ok then let him play and stop bitching about him. There is nothing you can do and say that is going to change that. At least you're not wishing injury upon him. However, you need to say that this statement is YOUR opinion and you have no facts to support the fact that Jason Campbell is the ONE and ONLY reason why the team missed the playoffs. If you say that this is all your biased opinion, then I'll let you rant in peace. However, don't come here and make a half-ass argument with cherry-picked facts and tell me that you have a solid argument.

I'm not a JC apologist and trust me, I'll be the first one to demand his benching if the team has a losing record during the first half of the season. But I also don't pull facts out of my ass to make ridiculous arguments.
R.I.P. #21
Old 07-06-2009, 10:16 PM   #156
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nflnick11 View Post
Im a lazy typer so i don't care about my grammar and spelling
Wow. Between nick and dbuch, I am having flashbacks to offiss and his man crush on Patrick Ramsey. As with offiss, confronted with stats they respond "those aren't the right stats" but site none of their own. Confronted with the opinions of coaches and analysts, they say "those aren't the right coaches and analysts".

As for being a lazy typer, nick, what is eminently clear, is that you are a lazy thinker.

Quote:
kerry collins is better than JC and he's really the only subpar QB o and flacco that i would consider..flacco had no receivers and still did great, he took chances and won games for the ravens.
As to receivers, Derrick Mason would contest that remark - his stats are remarkably similar to Santana's. Additionally, the Ravens top 3 runners had over 2,000 yards (Rice, McGahee and McClain - each getting significant time as a starter). Portis and Betts (the only two runners with over 200 yards for the Skins) had just under 1700. The Ravens defense had 5 TD's off of interception returns. The Skins had none. The Ravens defense had one defensive fumble recovery for a TD. The Skins had none. The Ravens had two Safeties, tthe Redskins had none. The Ravens allowed 244 points, The Skins 293. The Ravens had 20 rushing TD's, the Skins had 12. Flacco was sacked 33 times, Campbell 38 (oh, and Campbell gained 250 yards to Flacco's 180).

Putting Campbell in Flacco's spot, Campbell would have taken the Ravens to the Superbowl. Flacco who was 13 of 30 in the Championship game w/ 2 INT's and No TD's.

The team carried Flacco, not vice versa.

Quote:
collins is a great passer can learn an offense in a season and perform, unlike campbell, and he had no receivers as well just a really good RB whose faster than portis, they're defense was as good as ours.
Collins has been in the league 14 years, played for 5 teams and almost washed out twice. He better be able to step in and play at this point. Given his stats last year, if he is a great QB then so is Campbell. Again, the Titans top 2 runners had over 2,000 yards - Portis and Betts just under 1700. The Titans defense had 3 Defensive TD's. The Skins had none. The Titans allowed 234 points, The Skins 293. The Ravens had 24 rushing TD's, the Skins had 12. Collins was sacked 8 times, Campbell 38 (again, Campbell 250 rushing yards, Collins 49).

Again, put Campbell in for Collins, and maybe they beat the Ravens and play Pitt. Collins threw for 281 yards on 42 attempts with no TD's and one Interception.

You then list all the playoff QB's who were not part of Redskinsgirl analysis b/c they had much better stats than JC last year. Except of course for Delhomme, any consideration of his stats would require consistency of thought on your part - something you clearly struggle with. (Go look them up, I bet Delhomme succeeded last year b/c he had a strong rushing game and a stingy opportunistic defense).

Redskinsgirl's comparison was limited to players whose stats were comparable to JC's yet whose teams still made it the playoffs. To counter it, you simply ignored the question asked to come up with an answer you liked. No rationale, no stats - just subjective arguments that can be made by anyone and prove nothing. You're worse than a lazy thinker... you're just obtuse!

You follow with this bit of rhetorical legerdermain:

Quote:
all those QBs that are in the playoffs last year are better than JC, and some of them had to learn an offense instantly and didn't have all summer like JC to learn it, and two of the them came right out of college.
Many of the QB's in the playoffs were better than JC last year. Flacco, Collins, and Delhomme were not. Rather, and in answer to your question, JC WAS like them. He just didn't have a rushing game that provided over 2000 yards, a spare 6 or 10 TD's, or a defense that allowed fewer points and scored points on its own.

Then you close with this completely unsupported remark that is proved false by every word you utter.

Quote:
if you think you know football like me, your dead wrong
I take it back - you're right. I (and lotus and redskingirl) don't know football like you. We actually understand it. You on the other hand are just bag of wind with an opinion.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #157
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

So lets recap, I showed JC's scouting report that said he
1.Holds the ball too long
2.sees half the field, hence misses open wr's
3. Is too quick to checkdown when we need a play
Then, I post a clip from NFL Network where they backed this up with video proof.

Then ppl say Colt and Chase are 'system' Qbs and wont be anygood so i go find a clip from an interview with the offensive assistant where he said they were both doing very well and i get accused of cherry picking for some reason that i still dont understand.

to sum it all up, JC has not been consistant, when we needed him to drive this team for a score rarely did he do so. Other than the Saints game i cant remember one off hand.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #158
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

JoeRedskin is on fire today!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:26 PM   #159
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Previously the Giants looked into trades for Eli Manning. Manning is also in the last year of his contract. Following your logic, the Giants do not see Eli as a capable franchise qb. This is ludicrous.
I dont like Eli, i think he is avg at best but the fact is on the biggest stage when his team needed a score he got the job done. and he played very well during the playoff run btw.. i think i just threw up in my mouth a little bit. ugh
Old 07-06-2009, 10:26 PM   #160
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
JoeRedskin is on fire today!
No s**t! Give me some of what you're having Joe. Good stuff!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:30 PM   #161
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Putting Campbell in Flacco's spot, Campbell would have taken the Ravens to the Superbowl. Flacco who was 13 of 30 in the Championship game w/ 2 INT's and No TD's.

:yeahright
Old 07-06-2009, 10:32 PM   #162
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

JC couldnt even get us to the PLAYOFFS. but a backup did. Now he can take another team to the SB.. this is too much
Old 07-06-2009, 10:33 PM   #163
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
i think you need to wake up and stop dreaming and start seeing reality there Ruhski, lets face it im the realistic person, your the optimistic person...Your one of those people that think "Jasons only been in the offense for one year and has changed coordinators for 9 years or whatever, He'll do great this year cause he's in year two of zorns offense" Ya let me tell you whats gonna happen, the same stuff from last year, you think drew brees going from san diegos offense to new orleans he was saying we'll im switching offenses so im gonna take a few steps back this year cause im switching offenses, you think roethlisberger said that when whisenhunt left, how bout matt ryan going from college to the atlanta, how bout flacco going from Division 2 to the starting QB of the Ravens, Eli switched coordinators midway through 06 and still made the playoffs, and one the super bowl the next year.....i could go on and on..
do you see now why i dont like campbell?!? And you say i need to consider my team, I've been with this team from Kent cook to Snyder, the thing that needs to change the most is snyder but that isn't gonna happen and yes ive wished for even worse than an injury on him, but the next thing that needs to change is the QB every team starts and ends with the QB and Jasons our hole in the dam that i dont see closing up any time soon....now as for me wishing for an injury on him, I mean sure thats bad (i wish for tom brady to get injured every year and see what thats done for me other than last year), but a few things, i only wish he gets hurt just to miss half a game, not something season ending, another thing is that this is all speculation you all are freaking out thinking that jasons actually gonna get injured or something....now why do i want him to get quickly hurt...because i want to see what Colt can do against a first team D with a first team Offense, and i don't think zorn has the balls to take jason out of a game (regular or preseason) to put colt in cause he's already disrespected campbell by wanting other QB's and he's already told him that he'll be our starter entering 09, if he were to take him out and put in colt expect jason to get pissed, and what if colt werent all that great, then our QB situation would be sooo F'ed up cause of what zorn just pulled, and then i'll finally shut up about colt seeing for myself that he wasn't that great after all..but back to colt in a game, so ya if jason where to get hurt then zorn would HAVE to put colt in or atleast that would be his perfect time to put him in instead of todd collins, assuming and hoping of course that he beats out todd, which i think he will, because he seems much more suited for the WCO than todd does...again this is just speculation..im still one of the biggest redskin fans here
I just saw this response, and well you can read the several posts I've written here refuting your arguments (actually they are more like biased opinions) with those "crazy" facts that you don't seem to care much. If you have nothing positive to say about this team's starting QB then don't bother coming here, since most people tend to make fair and somewhat educated arguments. You put yourself on some sort of pedestal about knowing football and the best you can come up with is little story lines from previous seasons and say things like "i know what's going to happen next year"?
R.I.P. #21
Old 07-06-2009, 10:34 PM   #164
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

:yeahright
Man, it is sooo difficult to use that quote button. :yeahright
R.I.P. #21
Old 07-06-2009, 10:34 PM   #165
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

FYI JC was 24-43 vs Pitt with 0 tds and 2 ints
Closed Thread