The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like A Man

Parking Lot

Old 04-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #151
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like A Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
If you're gonna drink fortified wine, MD is not the way to go. A good port is much better. Man, I used to drink Strawberry Rose Mad Dog (I think that's what it was called) my senior year of high school. One of those bottles and I was so buzzed!! Those were the days. All of us guys who played football would drink a bottle each in the parking lot before the basketball games and then go cheer on our buddies. Good times.
definitely did it before games.. boys basketball and girl's volleyball, though I didn't do it a lot having to make weight for wrestling, but the bonfire parties by the river were def full of md and cheap domestic beer and bottom shelf vodka

I remember one friend and I would always recommend md for people and they'd have a sip or two and not be able to stand it.. so we always got the free bottles and they stayed sober.. like a buy 1 get 1 free deal

love port.. there's this one made in VA.. Horton Vineyards.. I love that stuff, haven't had a lot of ports though.. if you see it let me know what you think

I always got it at the VA ABC stores, not really sure how widely it's distributed
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-01-2010, 11:31 PM   #152
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
they're both flat and sweet, lack any complexity or true body.. and cost a premium vs better whiskies.. just very boring overall.. they mix with coke easily for pounding but that's my biggest compliment

your username is kind of ironic because I always call those two the kool-aids of whisk(e)y
See, for me that's purely opinion. JD is better than many of the whiskies I've had in my lifetime.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:31 PM   #153
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
definitely did it before games.. boys basketball and girl's volleyball, though I didn't do it a lot having to make weight for wrestling, but the bonfire parties by the river were def full of md and cheap domestic beer and bottom shelf vodka

I remember one friend and I would always recommend md for people and they'd have a sip or two and not be able to stand it.. so we always got the free bottles and they stayed sober.. like a buy 1 get 1 free deal

love port.. there's this one made in VA.. Horton Vineyards.. I love that stuff, haven't had a lot of ports though.. if you see it let me know what you think

I always got it at the VA ABC stores, not really sure how widely it's distributed
Horton makes a nice Viognier. They were actually mentioned the Washington Post food section yesterday (a must read for me every Wednesday). Sandeman's, Hardy's, and Graham's are all nice ports. I don't drink much port, but I know a little about them.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:34 PM   #154
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
See, for me that's purely opinion. JD is better than many of the whiskies I've had in my lifetime.
I don't really drink much bourbon/whiskey, but if I do I go for something like Baker's, Booker's, or Woodfield Reserve. I do not care for Jack Daniels, or even Gentleman Jack.

Honestly, Jameson is pretty darn smooth as well.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:35 PM   #155
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
easier to drink sure.. better? I guess it depends how serious you are about your whisky
Old 04-01-2010, 11:37 PM   #156
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Horton makes a nice Viognier. They were actually mentioned the Washington Post food section yesterday (a must read for me every Wednesday). Sandeman's, Hardy's, and Graham's are all nice ports. I don't drink much port, but I know a little about them.
all that I ever saw from them is the port so I'll keep an eye out

I've actually never had a Viognier as I don't really do a lot of white wine, but I've heard some good stuff

I'll check out those ports when I'm in the mood for one
Old 04-01-2010, 11:40 PM   #157
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I don't really drink much bourbon/whiskey, but if I do I go for something like Baker's, Booker's, or Woodfield Reserve. I do not care for Jack Daniels, or even Gentleman Jack.

for some reason I get hangover really easily on jameson, I do like it though

nice bourbon choices though.. the thing that I love about bourbon is that there are a lot of ones in the 20-25 dollar range that stack up well against some more expensive ones
Old 04-02-2010, 12:03 AM   #158
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:

i can drink jameson like water and as far as bourbon goes i got my buddy james who i get along with quite well, most of the times. just no dickel for me, other than that i'll drink any bourbon

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:06 AM   #159
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
for some reason I get hangover really easily on jameson, I do like it though

nice bourbon choices though.. the thing that I love about bourbon is that there are a lot of ones in the 20-25 dollar range that stack up well against some more expensive ones
bourbons not bad but you tell tell the difference between a cheap scotch and a good scotch real fast

ST21
Old 04-02-2010, 12:13 AM   #160
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
easier to drink sure.. better? I guess it depends how serious you are about your whisky
But see, serious in what sense? I've had them all... from what is considered "high class" to Beam. Overall, I just appreciate JD more than any of them. Maybe I'm just an unsophisticated redneck, but that's kind of how I feel about wine as well. There's only a few I really like....
Old 04-02-2010, 12:21 AM   #161
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
bourbons not bad but you tell tell the difference between a cheap scotch and a good scotch real fast
Agreed. The gap between good scotch and shit scotch is much wider than with bourbons.

I'm sipping a little Glenlivet and getting caught up on the last few weeks of Lost.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:36 AM   #162
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
But see, serious in what sense? I've had them all... from what is considered "high class" to Beam. Overall, I just appreciate JD more than any of them. Maybe I'm just an unsophisticated redneck, but that's kind of how I feel about wine as well. There's only a few I really like....
who would dare to call you such!!!!!!!

http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lo...tml#post642317

ST21
Old 04-02-2010, 12:45 AM   #163
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
no doubt

you can get some cheaper "everyday" scotches but to be special it's usually up there a bit
Old 04-02-2010, 01:11 AM   #164
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
who would dare to call you such!!!!!!!

http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lo...tml#post642317
That's classy you a-hole!.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #165
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
3 bottles of MD would kill my stomach before anything else.
all kidding aside, i'm 36 and have not vomited since i was 18. that last time i threw up was from drinking two bottles of md 20/20, it was either grape or orange(can't remember). that was one of the worst nights of my life, the entire room started spinning and nothing would stop it, then.....:vomit:. i didn't start to feel better until late the next evening.